Sali Hughes #40 The carbon footprint on that hair.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm just imagine Sali's next "me and my trolls" interview

Sobbing to Panorama...

They laughed at my Head & Shoulders Ad. It was a really difficult time for me. I became very ill and wore a baggy grey tracksuit. Very different from my normal attire. This kind of trolling affects you at such a deep level. It can affect your fashion choices.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
What was said??!
Someone posted a screenshot of the advert excitedly exclaiming that she didn't know Sali and Claudia were mates... Think they went on to suggest a podcast. A few links to the ITBW of Claudia/Sali were shared. Mates who do H&S adverts together šŸ¤—

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Sure, Claudia and Sali are mates. Pretty honest mates having a pretty honest chat about the shampoo they enjoy using. They wouldn't even be talking about H&S if they didn't genuinely like it. Any financial renumeration would be purely coincidental and would never influence their pretty honest views.

that-is-all-the-devil-wears-prada.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Someone posted a screenshot of the advert excitedly exclaiming that she didn't know Sali and Claudia were mates... Think they went on to suggest a podcast. A few links to the ITBW of Claudia/Sali were shared. Mates who do H&S adverts together šŸ¤—
I'd say she's raging that people have discovered it šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Slightly OT but do feel it's relevant. I just saw this on last week's Popbitch. Do we think it's David Baddiel?

Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 11.09.57.png

• Wow
Reactions: 8
No. He's only tweeting about his latest comedy live show and retweets of people who bought his book. Nothing controversial in that.

Reactions: 2
I wonder whether she might have picked up the lurgy at that posh product launch last Thursday. The chairs were pretty close together and the room did look a bit airless...

Wouldn't want you to think I was enjoying that thought - of course I don't wish her harm - but I do find those lavish events that companies put on for journalists and influencers one the most distasteful aspects of the beauty industry.
Mm well if she didn't get it there on Thursday she was brewing it for Friday so possibly passed it on.
As you say the landscaped table looked to have chairs crammed round it (for this climate) in a fairly small room.

Reactions: 4
Can someone enlighten me as to how Sali's extensions might work. Would they be glued on to already fragile hair?

Reactions: 4
I often shout things like ā€˜scalp is skin!ā€™ at my mates as if they are petulant children. Donā€™t you guys?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Why would H&S make an ad that insults its audience? "Scalp is skin, you dumb fucks." I don't get it

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Can someone enlighten me as to how Sali's extensions might work. Would they be glued on to already fragile hair?
It's very likely that they would. The two main methods both involve 'gluing' the extensions to your own hair. I've had both in the past.

With the first method - keratin bonding - individual extensions are bonded to very fine strands of your own hair with a type of keratin glue. A hot tool, like small pliers, is applied to the join, presumably to melt the glue. The weight of the extension is of course putting pressure on the fine strand of hair to which it is attached. And I think there's inevitably some breakage when the technician unpicks the glue - however carefully - to take them out when they need to be replaced. Another problem with this type of extension, in my experience, is that they get easily tangled up. If your hair has been roughened through bleaching I imagine the tangling is considerably worse.

The second method - tape extensions - attaches wefts of extensions to your own hair using adhesive tape. Sections of your own hair are sandwiched between two wefts of hair (each attached to adhesive tape) and a different type of pliers tool is used to squeeze the two sections of tape together. This is a much quicker process but they need to be replaced more often (around every 6 weeks rather than 3 months with the other type) because the tapes can't be easily hidden as your hair grows. Being attached to larger sections of hair, I think tapes are probably less damaging. I don't remember them being so tangly either.

There's another method, involving links or rings (instead of glue), but I don't know much about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It's very likely that they would. The two main methods both involve 'gluing' the extensions to your own hair. I've had both in the past.

With the first method - keratin bonding - individual extensions are bonded to very fine strands of your own hair with a type of keratin glue. A hot tool, like small pliers, is applied to the join, presumably to melt the glue. The weight of the extension is of course putting pressure on the fine strand of hair to which it is attached. And I think there's inevitably some breakage when the technician unpicks the glue - however carefully - to take them out when they need to be replaced. Another problem with this type of extension, in my experience, is that they get easily tangled up. If your hair has been roughened through bleaching I imagine the tangling is considerably worse.

The second method - tape extensions - attaches wefts of extensions to your own hair using adhesive tape. Sections of your own hair are sandwiched between two wefts of hair (each attached to adhesive tape) and a different type of pliers tool is used to squeeze the two sections of tape together. This is a much quicker process but they need to be replaced more often (around every 6 weeks rather than 3 months with the other type) because the tapes can't be easily hidden as your hair grows. Being attached to larger sections of hair, I think tapes are probably less damaging. I don't remember them being so tangly either.

There's another method, involving links or rings (instead of glue), but I don't know much about it.
Thank you, @Aude šŸ˜˜
So further damage either way, it would seem. What a lot of rigmarole for a few white hairs. To me, the main pro of going grey is the effortlessness. Without that, well ...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Thank you, @Aude šŸ˜˜
So further damage either way, it would seem. What a lot of rigmarole for a few white hairs. To me, the main pro of going grey is the effortlessness. Without that, well ...
I had glue ins years ago after an awful haircut that I just could not live with, drama arse that I am. I have thick, strong hair that puts up with a lot but when the extensions were removed there was still a fair bit of damage and hair loss (salon was legit, it just seems to be the way it is though perhaps methods are less harsh now). No way would I put extensions in fine hair. Sure, they improve šŸ˜‰ the look temporarily, but long term, no. A good hairdresser will say the same and caution breaks between sets to give the hair chance to just ā€˜beā€™ for a bit.

Reactions: 7
I had glue ins years ago after an awful haircut that I just could not live with, drama arse that I am. I have thick, strong hair that puts up with a lot but when the extensions were removed there was still a fair bit of damage and hair loss (salon was legit, it just seems to be the way it is though perhaps methods are less harsh now). No way would I put extensions in fine hair. Sure, they improve šŸ˜‰ the look temporarily, but long term, no. A good hairdresser will say the same and caution breaks between sets to give the hair chance to just ā€˜beā€™ for a bit.
Agree. I think it's like all these things - eyelash extensions, gel nails - really great the first time but diminishing returns.

Reactions: 12
Agree. I think it's like all these things - eyelash extensions, gel nails - really great the first time but diminishing returns.
Is it too early for ā€œdiminishing returnsā€ to be nominated for thread title
Although whatever the line Claudia says to ā€œSalā€ would also be a contemder

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.