Sali Hughes #4 The Keats of foundation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t posted for a while but here’s my Sali Hughes tit show round up:

A. Things I’ve been called by Sali Hughes and her blue tick army:

skid mark, tit mouth, turd (sophisticated theme developing), bleep, witch, stupid, mentally ill, psycho, deranged, evil, vile, troll, sad, loser, bleeping trash.

B. Things I have NEVER called Sali Hughes or her blue tick army in any public forum:

skid mark, tit mouth, turd, bleep, witch, stupid, mentally ill, psycho, deranged, evil, vile, troll, sad, loser, bleeping trash.

C. Things I did to Sali Hughes:

I asked Sali directly, by commenting on one of her Instagram posts, if she was paid for promoting certain things. I commented on another of Sali’s posts that beauty influencers were probably being compensated in some way by Charlotte Tilbury for promoting her brand.

D. Things I did not do and have never done to Sali Hughes:

Follow her or her beauty accounts on Facebook or Twitter, seek in any way to find out any information about her children, her husband, her mother, any member of her immediate or extended family, any of her friends (living or dead), comment in any way on any social media platform about her private life, her family, her friends, comment about any of her beauty industry peers, contact her directly or indirectly in any way apart from outlined above in section C.

E. Things Sali Hughes has done to me:

Block me on Instagram, stalk me on the internet, ask friends and employees to stalk me on the internet, attempt to obtain my home address, attempt to obtain personal information about me, verbally abuse me on various social media platforms, comment positively on many posts by her supporters wherein they verbally abuse me.

It’s been quite a week for me (all of us here, I know) thanks to the narcissistic delusions of Sali Hughes. I’ve also taken legal advice and know exactly where I stand in regard to her many and varied idle threats. So I say to her now in this very public forum to Bring It. Show me your evidence, have your lawyer contact my lawyer, message me directly. Put your cards on the table or shut your tit mouth. Oh dear, I’ve just invalidated section B....

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 79
I'm ill in bed so have nothing better to do. Sorry if some of these screenshots have been posted before, but I think this makes clear that the campaign of hate was large, that DP blocked Sally, that Sally was a ringleader in it all (although all tweets have been deleted), that they were (in their own words) baiting her, that they called her names, that they FULLY understand the concept of "hate watching" as opposed to just unfollowing, and that they tore apart her writing and documentaries e.g. her work. Safe to say I'll be sharing printouts of these screenshots with the relevant authorities.

View attachment 45413View attachment 45414View attachment 45415View attachment 45416View attachment 45417View attachment 45418View attachment 45419View attachment 45420View attachment 45421View attachment 45422

Sorry, forgot to add the baiting one:

View attachment 45427

Oh, and they mocked her appearance as well - laughing at her hair.
I watched Dawn's makeup tutorial, hilarious. And it must be her way of sticking her fingers up at Sally et al, surely? Rightly so too!

Reactions: 12
I was a member of GTL/SHB and l honestly think the truth in all this is somewhere in the middle. I don’t think criticism of her husband, her children, her assistant, friends and the way she treats her dog is at all justifiable. It’s just too much. She seems like a loving and caring partner/ mother/ friend etc. I would absolutely hate to have my life dissected in that way. It would be such an invasion of my privacy. I don’t know her and have never met her but that is the impression l get from SM.

However l do think that SH has some blind spots with regards to soft selling and inadvertently promoting the trend culturally which seems to be almost a phobia developing around women showing their age. Foreheads must be youthful and move as one surface, no lines ‘elevens’ between the eyes etc. No parallel lines if you lift your eyebrows and this worries and depresses me.

Then when l noticed that SH also uses #nofilter #noretouch or whatever those # are - it leaves me feeling cold as someone who is a little older and trying to follow a more Naomi Watts approach to ageing. It is really hard and l have certainly got to the point where l called up the Mayfair office of Dr Frances PJ but it is £200 for a consultation then upwards of £400 for a single treatment etc. It is too much. And on top of that when SH promotes that Icelandic serum that was something like £80 for 10 mls in the Guardian - l don’t remember exactly - that really bothered me. We need more transparency in SM, more accepting of lines and texture on people’s faces as they age. It’s getting a little out of hand. I do think also Instagram even if it is #pressgift is still a form of advertising - 100% Even if the Influencer isn’t paid-money is often exchanged from those that are Influenced to the brand/product. The more softer the sell - the more persuasive. I know this as a friend works for one an Influencer management agency and bottles slightly turned so as to look naturalistic. You are being sold to, you are being influenced - you are parting with your money. Make no mistake this placement is valuable for a brand.

I have wasted money on products recommended by SH and l need to be less easily influenced. I need to control my spending, no one is making me part with my money, l have a choice. BUT some l have also loved and repurchased many times eg Givency Teint Balm or whatever it’s called. Love it.

I did feel the atmosphere on the GTL was at times sycophantic and intense but l don’t think she is at all as bad as is made out. If her content triggers you as it did me just switch off, unfollow, limit your exposure. I really don’t see the point of following someone who irritates you, life is too damn short.

Anyway l won’t post anymore on this l just wanted to get my point out, very rambling but l am currently babysitting my sisters kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
The 10 minute waffle in the video doesn’t sound like legal advice from any kind of normal lawyer. Thanks to the video it’s now taken me about three days to go down the rabbit hole and read everything here and by the time you’ve finished reading any thread there’s another 10 extremely detailed posts to read posted 5 minutes ago. I’d be very surprised if this didn’t make into print itself 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Scouserachel used to be real tight with the twitter elite and regularly popped up in the conversations had by grace dent/Caitlin Moran/Sali Hughes et al.

Conversations incidentally that were being held in public on Twitter despite the dm function. None of them were as funny or as entertaining as they thought they were and the faux laddish and over swearing to appear hip were the funniest and most entertaining part of it. All these white middle class women tripping over themselves to promote their own very narrow brand of feminism that included slagging off anyone that wasn’t in their girl gang.

It was like one big circle jerk or back patting and self congratulating.

I don’t think criticism of her husband, her children, her assistant, friends and the way she treats her dog is at all justifiable. It’s just too much. She seems like a loving and caring partner/ mother/ friend etc. I would absolutely hate to have my life dissected in that way. It would be such an invasion of my privacy.
But where is this critique of her partner and children? I've read all the threads and can't see it. Are you listening to Sali without any proof?
It's difficult to say it's an invasion of her privacy when she's making these things public. If she doesn't want people discussing her dog or children then all she has to do is not share them on Instagram.

I would hate my private life discussed online, that's why I would never pursue a career in the public eye or have public social media accounts.

Reactions: 20
I was a member of GTL/SHB and l honestly think the truth in all this is somewhere in the middle. I don’t think criticism of her husband, her children, her assistant, friends and the way she treats her dog is at all justifiable. It’s just too much. She seems like a loving and caring partner/ mother/ friend etc. I would absolutely hate to have my life dissected in that way. It would be such an invasion of my privacy. I don’t know her and have never met her but that is the impression l get from SM.

However l do think that SH has some blind spots with regards to soft selling and inadvertently promoting the trend culturally which seems to be almost a phobia developing around women showing their age. Foreheads must be youthful and move as one surface, no lines ‘elevens’ between the eyes etc. No parallel lines if you lift your eyebrows and this worries and depresses me.

Then when l noticed that SH also uses #nofilter #noretouch or whatever those # are - it leaves me feeling cold as someone who is a little older and trying to follow a more Naomi Watts approach to ageing. It is really hard and l have certainly got to the point where l called up the Mayfair office of Dr Frances PJ but it is £200 for a consultation then upwards of £400 for a single treatment etc. It is too much. And on top of that when SH promotes that Icelandic serum that was something like £80 for 10 mls in the Guardian - l don’t remember exactly - that really bothered me. We need more transparency in SM, more accepting of lines and texture on people’s faces as they age. It’s getting a little out of hand. I do think also Instagram even if it is #pressgift is still a form of advertising - 100% Even if the Influencer isn’t paid-money is often exchanged from those that are Influenced to the brand/product. The more softer the sell - the more persuasive. I know this as a friend works for one an Influencer management agency and bottles slightly turned so as to look naturalistic. You are being sold to, you are being influenced - you are parting with your money. Make no mistake this placement is valuable for a brand.

I have wasted money on products recommended by SH and l need to be less easily influenced. I need to control my spending, no one is making me part with my money, l have a choice. BUT some l have also loved and repurchased many times eg Givency Teint Balm or whatever it’s called. Love it.

I did feel the atmosphere on the GTL was at times sycophantic and intense but l don’t think she is at all as bad as is made out. If her content triggers you as it did me just switch off, unfollow, limit your exposure. I really don’t see the point of following someone who irritates you, life is too damn short.

Anyway l won’t post anymore on this l just wanted to get my point out, very rambling but l am currently babysitting my sisters kids.
I think she's probably ever worse tbh, especially after reading all those tweets. I couldn't give a shiny fig about her ads/soft selling anymore, it's the tweets and bullying that has angered me and the sheer audacity to claim she's being bullied herself!

I noticed on Dawn’s Instagram stories yesterday she was saying she had a huge amount of emails in her inbox and made it sound like this wasn’t a regular occurrence. I wondered if a lot of them related to what has been mentioned on here?!

Reactions: 8
Upthread someone talked about the phobia of wrinkles. I’ve been mulling it over. One thing that really sticks in my head is Sali’s repetition of “I’m not there yet!” On the podcast re menopause & massively underplaying the stuff she appears to have had done on the tweakments show. It’s such a bankrupt narrative that she’s playing into re getting older. Nadine Baggott has loads more integrity re declaring what she’s had done & HRT etc. I don’t deny it must be demoralising working in such a superficial industry, but there’s a real opportunity to challenge the youth orthodoxy.

Reactions: 9
Upthread someone talked about the phobia of wrinkles. I’ve been mulling it over. One thing that really sticks in my head is Sali’s repetition of “I’m not there yet!” On the podcast re menopause & massively underplaying the stuff she appears to have had done on the tweakments show. It’s such a bankrupt narrative that she’s playing into re getting older. Nadine Baggott has loads more integrity re declaring what she’s had done & HRT etc. I don’t deny it must be demoralising working in such a superficial industry, but there’s a real opportunity to challenge the youth orthodoxy.
How old is she,44? She'll be there soon 😂

Reactions: 4
Harassment has a legal as well as a dictionary definition.
Apologies for trying to stop you incurring a police caution or worse.
I felt the need to explain because you seemed to think.it might be a good idea.
I'm not promoting harassment, quite the opposite. All I did was to ask people to post whatever evidence that they had - screen shots, testimonials, etc - on the Wiki thread that the mods created for Sally in order to collate evidence. I've certainly never harassed her or anyone in her circle. Quite the contrary, since I left her forum and FB group I unfollowed her on twitter/insta and was only made aware of the "instarant" because Miranda Sawyer retweeted Sally's tweet.

I don't think wanting people to be held accountable for not being clear about being paid to promote stuff as legit advice is harassment. I don't think coming here and sharing your personal story about being bullied by her and her mates is harassment. And I certainly don't think that calling someone out for double standards, in her case being a vile bully - as hundreds of screenshots in this thread prove it - and crying troll at the same time is harassment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

skid mark, tit mouth, turd (sophisticated theme developing), bleep, witch, stupid, mentally ill, psycho, deranged, evil, vile, troll, sad, loser, bleeping trash.

B. Things I have NEVER called Sali Hughes or her blue tick army in any public forum:

skid mark, tit mouth, turd, bleep, witch, stupid, mentally ill, psycho, deranged, evil, vile, troll, sad, loser, bleeping trash.

I asked Sali directly, by commenting on one of her Instagram posts, if she was paid for promoting certain things. I commented on another of Sali’s posts that beauty influencers were probably being compensated in some way by Charlotte Tilbury for promoting her brand.

Follow her or her beauty accounts on Facebook or Twitter, seek in any way to find out any information about her children, her husband, her mother, any member of her immediate or extended family, any of her friends (living or dead), comment in any way on any social media platform about her private life, her family, her friends, comment about any of her beauty industry peers, contact her directly or indirectly in any way apart from outlined above in section C.

Block me on Instagram, stalk me on the internet, ask friends and employees to stalk me on the internet, attempt to obtain my home address, attempt to obtain personal information about me, verbally abuse me on various social media platforms, comment positively on many posts by her supporters wherein they verbally abuse me.

It’s been quite a week for me (all of us here, I know) thanks to the narcissistic delusions of Sali Hughes. I’ve also taken legal advice and know exactly where I stand in regard to her many and varied idle threats. So I say to her now in this very public forum to Bring It. Show me your evidence, have your lawyer contact my lawyer, message me directly. Put your cards on the table or shut your tit mouth. Oh dear, I’ve just invalidated section B....
I assume you were one of the original 3 or 4 (obvs no need to confirm or otherwise) who were made aware you were "known" on other sites (and not just blocked/kicked out of groups).
If so, you must have had quite some headfuck and emotional rollercoaster since Friday. Hope you're Ok and have other stuff going on around you that's good.

Yel

I don't think reuploading screen shots to Instagram would be seen as harassment or a legal issue. People on YouTube make whole videos basically about this and Google are fine to allow them to monitise this.

But I don't think it should be done either, Instagram will just delete the account and best to keep it here where it's easily avoidable and doesn't target anyone.

Reactions: 9
I assume you were one of the original 3 or 4 (obvs no need to confirm or otherwise) who were made aware you were "known" on other sites (and not just blocked/kicked out of groups).
If so, you must have had quite some headfuck and emotional rollercoaster since Friday. Hope you're Ok and have other stuff going on around you that's good.
Thank you so much. I know I’m not the only one in this boat - and I don’t pretend to be the sole (or main) target of Sali’s vitriol. But I can only speak for myself. There are many others who’ve felt scared, upset, angry, targeted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

I asked Sali directly, by commenting on one of her Instagram posts, if she was paid for promoting certain things. I commented on another of Sali’s posts that beauty influencers were probably being compensated in some way by ChLoarlotte Tilbury for promoting her brand.

Like you I've had time to digest and reflect on things and from feeling slightly perturbed am now pissed off. This site is a totally legitimate way of people talking about their shared experiences and thoughts on media influencers - SH being one of them. It is a place for people to go 'really???' over things she says so we don't all think we are mad for just thinking it ourselves. As far as I know she has not been directly harassed thank god as that is just wrong - but people from here have asked her questions, possibly awkward ones, about beauty on insta, Guardian which is not illegal last time I checked. I don't for one second think big bods like the Gleam lawyers haven't been over places like this with a fine tooth comb looking for instances of overstepping the mark and they presumably have found zilch. Yes things stray away from the point but commenting on things like people's assistants walking dogs as part of their job is simply silly and amusing - only because it reminds me of The Devil Wears Prada.
Her cronies piling on saying how we are all disgustingly ugly jealous incels who should lose our jobs and have visits from their husbands because they know where we live is plain wierd.
And this banging on about 'anonymous' as if that is somehow in itself sinister - it is only sinister when the poster says something the recipient doesn't want to hear. On The Guardian, YT and Insta etc 99.9% of people are anonymous but if they are saying wonderful things that is OK presumably.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Thank you so much. I know I’m not the only one in this boat - and I don’t pretend to be the sole (or main) target of Sali’s vitriol. But I can only speak for myself. There are many others who’ve felt scared, upset, angry, targeted.
Are you saying she directly targeted people who were on her Facebook site?! I'm beyond shocked, that's outrageous. 😱

Reactions: 5
Are you saying she directly targeted people who were on her Facebook site?! I'm beyond shocked, that's outrageous. 😱
I have no (first-hand) idea what happened to people who followed/engaged with her on Facebook or Twitter as I’ve not been part of those forums, only Instagram.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Esther Walkers Instagram stories this morning are interesting (although no mention of SH).

She comes across very well imo.

Reactions: 7
I don't think reuploading screen shots to Instagram would be seen as harassment or a legal issue. People on YouTube make whole videos basically about this and Google are fine to allow them to monitise this.

But I don't think it should be done either, Instagram will just delete the account and best to keep it here where it's easily avoidable and doesn't target anyone.
Hi
Do you think you could delete my post regarding upoading anything to twitter/insta please?
I shouldn't have put it and i no way would I ever do it even if I could cos I'm a complete technophobe. But after the abusive rant this morning from someone suggesting they are stopping me comitting harasment and calling me derangedI really don't want to get any more from her or anyone. The way she spoke to me was really upsetting and will obv leave the thread or no. longer comment. It was a stupid throw away comment that I shouldn't have made. Thanks x

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.