Sali Hughes #4 The Keats of foundation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That wasn’t a one off. He reportedly went berserk in at a bar in the commons and assaulted up to 6 people. Have a look on Wiki. Also convicted for drink driving. What a catch!
To be fair I think if I ever got into a bar at the commons I would probably go berserk and assault a few people too.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don't think she claimed to be J Kerr's friend. I thought she said she was at same same publisher's party ie in the same room/venue.
The problem with Sally is that she changes her opinions and statements like the wind. She writes one thing today and something completely different tomorrow. Like the post below:
Just so as I can confirm I’m not going mad, does anyone else remember a piece St.Sali of Skincare wrote about how her friends knew that she was slightly bonkers after the birth of one of her children as she bought a wardrobe full of Boden clothing? Their implication being that she was normally too cool for such twee clothing so she must be depressed?
And now I read that she loves a bit of Boden cashmere?
MAKE UP YOUR BLOODY MIND, WOULD YOU?!
It must be really tiring trying to carry on some narratives and reversing others, I wonder whether she keeps a spreadsheet. All those plates she keeps spinning in the air will come crashing to the floor one day. Oh, wait...

Reactions: 5
Ah, sorry. I stand corrected. She was definitely using her to alert us to the fact that she, Sali, is a celebrated and very successful author dontcha know? She posted a picture of her the other day too to remind us. If I see her write ‘Us authors...’ one more time 🙄

No way! How is he not in prison?
Shorter than writing "us purveyors of tit for cunts" though she keeps that in reserve for when the word count's low.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Hi everyone, I’m a new member to this website as a result of the infamous SH video which I came across yesterday after resting a sycophantic article about her on Stylist (which I’m guessing her mate Lucy Mangan has initiated). As one of the original victims of SH’s bullying, I am watching this story unravel with utmost fascination.

Firstly, after watching the video I came here to check for myself if her accusations were truthful. I’ve long quit social media, however have found nothing particularly offensive on here. In many ways this website is no better or worse to any other SM platforms out there. SH is over-reacting because she can not tolerate a different opinion to hers. And she is extremely annoyed because people have dared to scrutinise her on a platform she has no control of.

When someone has build a career from using the ‘honesty’ word as a benchmark for the standard of their competence, after a while it it must become extremely tricky to thread waters in non-controversial ways. People are no idiots and can see through the disparity between words and actions.

Although I felt quite traumatised at the time of my bullying incident years ago, I don’t hold grudges against the woman. She comes across as insecure and vacuous. Some of the stuff she has come up with beggars belief- a particular jumper she wore with the words ‘cosmopolitan, elite, poets’ springs to mind. A great example of a privileged white person who has lost touch with reality.

In my opinion, often in life what goes around, comes around and time is the best way to let people reveal their true colours. The problem with influencers is that unless you pick a substantial foundation to talk and influence people, it all comes across as rather vapid after a while. People here have given some excellent examples of great influencers such as Lisa Eldridge who showcase their genuine talent and skill whilst remaining impartial due to how they have chosen to run their media channels. Lisa only allowed adverts on her YouTube channel in order to raise funds for her chosen charity with all of the proceeds going there. She demonstrates techniques and looks in a much greater proportion to reviewing products.

I have thought a lot about the ethics behind beauty journalism and however well sometimes these things are dressed, it is effectively product selling. Nothing wrong in it per se, but making out to sound noble and ‘honest’ is pushing the boat out. It was funny that SH banned the comments under the guardian column yesterday, surely if she thought that the nasty people who dislike her are in their ‘sewer’, she wouldn’t worry about her keen followers elsewhere?
👏👏👏

Just so as I can confirm I’m not going mad, does anyone else remember a piece St.Sali of Skincare wrote about how her friends knew that she was slightly bonkers after the birth of one of her children as she bought a wardrobe full of Boden clothing? Their implication being that she was normally too cool for such twee clothing so she must be depressed?
And now I read that she loves a bit of Boden cashmere?
MAKE UP YOUR BLOODY MIND, WOULD YOU?!
Then there was the weird thing she wrote about wishing the smug Boden models would have a gang fight with the willowy aloof Hush (I think) models and listed in graphic detail how she hoped they’d hurt each other. I get it’s meant to be tongue in cheek but it’s just plain weird and unsettling and quite unsisterly, non?

I can imagine that Sali must be a witch to work for. Along with Trinny.
I’ve wondered about TrinTron. I follow her on IG and although she’s mad as a box of frogs I find her entertaining. Her skincare obsession is endlessly fascinating to me 😍 That woman works HARD at not ageing!!!! It looks exhausting. I’d like to think she’s a good boss as her company is very new and her staff look happy enough on her sm (meaningless, I know) but I do wonder.....

I reckon she'll become a bullying ambassador, bravely appearing on all the right discussion programmes on radio and TV, and ultimately being honoured by the pastel hued Queen with a CBE like her chum Charlotte 🥉
Don’t even 🤦‍♀️

Has anyone had the gall to ask which brand of mascara that was, in order to avoid due to the smudging? :LOL:
Whatever tubing mascara it was it cannot be marketed as ‘Troll Proof’ as it had run all over her smooth as glass wrinkle free face

I think that’s what has surprised and disappointed me the most. Sali’s messages - and those of her followers - are vicious.

Their attack on Esther Walker was cruel and unwarranted.

It’s a strange position to cry ‘Bully!’ if you also come across as one.
That’s what bullies always do though. Hurt, intimidate, insult and cause pain to others but the second they get a taste of their own medicine they become apoplectic with rage or melt into a puddle of tears at their trauma. Sali did both

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I am gobsmacked at the amount of new posters (me included) who claimed to have been abused and bullied by Sally & her cronies. I imagined that there were a few but not that many :oops:

All her mates are rushing to help her on Twitter and Insta but I wonder if they actually came here and read the accounts of several people who were abused, bullied and harassed by her. They wouldn't believe us, obvs, but lots of other people do.

The bullying I suffered was awful because it was at very delicate time for me. I was beginning to try to come out of a long term depression - about 4 years in total, pre natal and post natal - among other things (my son was born with a plethora of health issues) and I found the FB group through the comments on the Graun's column. I started posting there and getting interested in make up and such stuff after several years of basically washing myself with soap and brushing my teeth only as I couldn't be arsed about doing anything else due to my situation at the time. I saw the group as a welcome distraction as I was depressed and exhausted but all that happened there only had a further negative impact on my mental health. So yeah, she is a very fine one to cry bully when it suits her.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Shorter than writing "us purveyors of tit for cunts" though she keeps that in reserve for when the word count's low.
Feel like I have to clarify here that I don't think Judith Kerr produced tit for cunts nor am I suggesting her readership (children) are/were cunts.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Unless she is referring to Louise's cancer battle a few years back? I love Louise mcsharry btw .
Oh I didn't think if that. Maybe so. Seems weird to link it to her current issue. Presumably her situation is not comparable to cancer!

Reactions: 1
The bullying I suffered was awful because it was at very delicate time for me. I was beginning to try to come out of a long term depression - about 4 years in total, pre natal and post natal - among other things (my son was born with a plethora of health issues) and I found the FB group through the comments on the Graun's column.
Ah that's awful Betty. I had dreadful PND and it just knocks you sideways. I hope you and your son are both doing better now?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Eric Joyce has quite the record.

BBC News - The life and times of Eric Joyce - from Army major to disgraced MP

Regarding that Stylist article, I went to have a look for a comment section too. Colour me surprised when there wasn't one!

Sali is getting some real pelters on MN by the way.

• Wow
Hi, I’ve also found myself lurking here after seeing Sali’s hysterical, misleading video.

I don’t do Instagram so was unaware of the dodgy affiliations/recommendations stuff. Thank you to Sali for sending me here and discovering this, as I’m sure many others have. What an own goal!

I only follow on Twitter, and like others on here, have found her increasingly rude, overly defensive and completely lacking any self-awareness or ability to accept any differing opinion.

She has rushed out that video in a panic (as she tweeted one person, that she found out 20 min before making it that she had been accused herself of bullying) to deflect any blame for herself and instead make people think she has been the victim of direct relentless, horrific abuse. And cue the outcry from friends and fans without any of them checking the facts first. I can guarantee many of those have since been here and seen that, rather than the cesspit of skid marks, it’s actually, mostly, a group of articulate, intelligent people who happen to just be pissed off with the wool being pulled over their eyes when it comes to spending their hard earned money. The likes of the vile IK don’t see the hypocrisy in their trolling behaviour, or slagging off this site. They’re all guilty of the behaviour they are condemning, just on another site.

What most ‘boils my piss’ is the fact Sali has said many many times on Twitter that one of her least favourite people are those that are ‘Twitter grasses.’ She has pretty much said she is free to slag off whoever she wants in her own timeline as long as she’s not @ing them in, so gets really irate when someone does just that (I also agree, that is a tit move). So how is this site any different? Everyone here has done exactly as she has many times (albeit, without the huge number of followers which makes it more likely to get back to the person she is attacking), and so her anger should be directed at those who grassed this site up, her husband and friends (or was it her children, I can’t keep up with the lies?) Without them, she’d still be completely unaware, and that’s totally fine, according to her ‘rules.’

Finally, what has riled me most is how, with this hysterical, ranting video, she has diminished and belittled the experience of those who do suffer REAL bullying online. We see it every day on sites like Twitter, where people are directly threatened, abused and ridiculed in huge numbers where they are literally driven from SM and/or suffer serious MH problems because of it. And often, it’s the likes of SH, IK and cronies who are responsible.

The only consolation is that I can guarantee every one of her ‘friends’ (and SH herself for sure) has been GLUED to these threads over the last couple of days and she probably knows that many of those who rushed to her defence are now feeling a bit duped, realising that she wasn’t, as she insinuated in the video, being directly harassed or bullied, not to mention, seeing that there has clearly been a lot of previous bullying from her and other members on her FB pages, and realising they were outraged under completely false pretences. Her tactic of shutting down these discussions has rather backfired 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The bullying I suffered was awful because it was at very delicate time for me. I was beginning to try to come out of a long term depression - about 4 years in total, pre natal and post natal - among other things (my son was born with a plethora of health issues) and I found the FB group through the comments on the Graun's column.

I saw the group as a welcome distraction as I was depressed and exhausted but all that happened there only had a further negative impact on my mental health. So yeah, she is a very fine one to cry bully when it suits her.
I’m sorry to hear about everything you’ve been through, Betty.

It can be a long, thoroughly tit road to recover from depression - the setbacks feel relentless at times - but I hope that you’re finding your way back to a better and happier place.

Keep going. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
After a bit of catching up, Sali’s crew sure love a gangbang don’t they? What the hell is IK on? Unhinged doesn’t even start to cover it. I thought the retweet by Britishbeautyblogger could have been written for Sali, if only.

There is no way Sali hasn’t been on here. She writes a 10 minute video, gets legal advice, over something she hasn’t seen? Aye sure thing. Love the way they all just think we are a bunch of thickos because their opinions aren’t ours.

Sali chose to jump from journalist to IG salesperson. If you can’t take different opinions or people obviously assuming you are being financially rewarded for fawning over pretty average products (CT/BP) you need to sidestep into a different career.

Reactions: 11
I am gobsmacked at the amount of new posters (me included) who claimed to have been abused and bullied by Sally & her cronies. I imagined that there were a few but not that many :oops:

All her mates are rushing to help her on Twitter and Insta but I wonder if they actually came here and read the accounts of several people who were abused, bullied and harassed by her. They wouldn't believe us, obvs, but lots of other people do.

The bullying I suffered was awful because it was at very delicate time for me. I was beginning to try to come out of a long term depression - about 4 years in total, pre natal and post natal - among other things (my son was born with a plethora of health issues) and I found the FB group through the comments on the Graun's column. I started posting there and getting interested in make up and such stuff after several years of basically washing myself with soap and brushing my teeth only as I couldn't be arsed about doing anything else due to my situation at the time. I saw the group as a welcome distraction as I was depressed and exhausted but all that happened there only had a further negative impact on my mental health. So yeah, she is a very fine one to cry bully when it suits her.
Very sorry to hear this. Hope you are in a much better place now and that your son is doing well.

• Heart
I think that’s what has surprised and disappointed me the most. Sali’s messages - and those of her followers - are vicious.
Yes, I was quite taken aback by the venomous nature of the comments. No moral high ground there. I'm pretty sure they're all in each others pockets, though?

I wonder if people have just taken her word for it or come and had a look for themselves. That's what I (and I can see many others) did.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.