Sali Hughes #4 The Keats of foundation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t have any particular issue with Sali Hughes. I’m not jealous of her looks and I don’t follow her. What I do have an issue with is public figures misleading people and then responding with histrionics and lies when they are called on it. If you’re going to become a self appointed influencer (sorry journalist) then be honest and upfront and accept that not everyone is going to like you or agree with you. Don’t throw your toys out of the pram and get your mean girls to pile on with vicious words that are far more personal and bullying than the majority of the stuff I read on here

Reactions: 25
I think Sali is beautiful, my concerns are with her attitude to disclosure and the way she has misrepresented the content of these threads to serve her own ends.

It seems deeply misogynistic to dismiss those concerns as the bitterness of ugly women who are just jealous of Sali because of how pretty she is. I think some of Sali’s supporters need to take a hard look at their own behaviour and use of language.
So true. It’s awfully misogynistic. I remember reading about her wedding photos on Tattle and pretty much everyone said how absolutely drop dead gorgeous she looked. And she did. She spent a fortune on hairdressers and make up artists and Botox and 2 dresses (even though she kept playing the ‘I’m getting married in a month and have hardly prepared at all!’ Disingenuous crap) but she’s entitled to! Any criticism of Sali on here is for her actions and attitudes. Not her physical appearance per se. We deal in facts here. Most women are happy to give credit where it’s due and are not nearly as petty and cruel as the bossy mean girls on IG and Twitter would have people think.

Reactions: 10
To be fair Sali is very pretty (IMO) but it's so reductive to suggest we're not fawning over her because we're jealous haters
Never heard of her until yesterday but must admit once I googled her I was surprised at her age as thought she looked younger but then again I read she’s had botox?!

Apparently we’re all clutching our pearls in fear of our identities being discovered 🙄🤣

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh and when the queen dies, which realistically can't be that far off, sales will increase again. Most people aren't readers but a little memento of HMQ (or possibly a memorial edition) which is affordable and undemanding would be appealing to idiots who can't wait for the memorial plate from the Sunday supplement to be delivered. The concept is clever in a cynical way.

Reactions: 3
Oh and when the queen dies, which realistically can't be that far off, sales will increase again. Most people aren't readers but a little memento of HMQ (or possibly a memorial edition) which is affordable and undemanding would be appealing to idiots who can't wait for the memorial plate from the Sunday supplement to be delivered. The concept is clever in a cynical way.
Yup. It’s so icky. A real author/journalist worth their salt wouldn’t touch such tripe with a barge pole. Then there’s the constant harping on about her admiration of Judith Kerr and how they were friends. Oh yeah. Really Sali?? Shame she’s dead so she can’t deny it. Leave poor Judith out of it. Sali loves a death bandwagon

Reactions: 4
Hi everyone, I’m a new member to this website as a result of the infamous SH video which I came across yesterday after resting a sycophantic article about her on Stylist (which I’m guessing her mate Lucy Mangan has initiated). As one of the original victims of SH’s bullying, I am watching this story unravel with utmost fascination.

Firstly, after watching the video I came here to check for myself if her accusations were truthful. I’ve long quit social media, however have found nothing particularly offensive on here. In many ways this website is no better or worse to any other SM platforms out there. SH is over-reacting because she can not tolerate a different opinion to hers. And she is extremely annoyed because people have dared to scrutinise her on a platform she has no control of.

When someone has build a career from using the ‘honesty’ word as a benchmark for the standard of their competence, after a while it it must become extremely tricky to thread waters in non-controversial ways. People are no idiots and can see through the disparity between words and actions.

Although I felt quite traumatised at the time of my bullying incident years ago, I don’t hold grudges against the woman. She comes across as insecure and vacuous. Some of the stuff she has come up with beggars belief- a particular jumper she wore with the words ‘cosmopolitan, elite, poets’ springs to mind. A great example of a privileged white person who has lost touch with reality.

In my opinion, often in life what goes around, comes around and time is the best way to let people reveal their true colours. The problem with influencers is that unless you pick a substantial foundation to talk and influence people, it all comes across as rather vapid after a while. People here have given some excellent examples of great influencers such as Lisa Eldridge who showcase their genuine talent and skill whilst remaining impartial due to how they have chosen to run their media channels. Lisa only allowed adverts on her YouTube channel in order to raise funds for her chosen charity with all of the proceeds going there. She demonstrates techniques and looks in a much greater proportion to reviewing products.

I have thought a lot about the ethics behind beauty journalism and however well sometimes these things are dressed, it is effectively product selling. Nothing wrong in it per se, but making out to sound noble and ‘honest’ is pushing the boat out. It was funny that SH banned the comments under the guardian column yesterday, surely if she thought that the nasty people who dislike her are in their ‘sewer’, she wouldn’t worry about her keen followers elsewhere?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I don't think she claimed to be J Kerr's friend. I thought she said she was at same same publisher's party ie in the same room/venue.

Reactions: 1
I had a quick look under some of SH tweets.

People posting here are referred to as:

Human vermin - Sam chapman
Low level of self awareness
Pitiful people
People in desperate need of jobs
Tossers
Bunch of nutters
Miserable little minds
Scum of the earth
C*nts
Pond scum
Mentally ill

Etc etc
I think that’s what has surprised and disappointed me the most. Sali’s messages - and those of her followers - are vicious.

Their attack on Esther Walker was cruel and unwarranted.

It’s a strange position to cry ‘Bully!’ if you also come across as one.

Reactions: 12
Just so as I can confirm I’m not going mad, does anyone else remember a piece St.Sali of Skincare wrote about how her friends knew that she was slightly bonkers after the birth of one of her children as she bought a wardrobe full of Boden clothing? Their implication being that she was normally too cool for such twee clothing so she must be depressed?
And now I read that she loves a bit of Boden cashmere?
MAKE UP YOUR BLOODY MIND, WOULD YOU?!

Reactions: 2
To be fair beating up teenagers in a corner shop doesn’t take Vinnie Jones
That wasn’t a one off. He reportedly went berserk in at a bar in the commons and assaulted up to 6 people. Have a look on Wiki. Also convicted for drink driving. What a catch!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I don't think she claimed to be J Kerr's friend. I thought she said she was at same same publisher's party ie in the same room/venue.
Ah, sorry. I stand corrected. She was definitely using her to alert us to the fact that she, Sali, is a celebrated and very successful author dontcha know? She posted a picture of her the other day too to remind us. If I see her write ‘Us authors...’ one more time 🙄

That wasn’t a one off. He reportedly went berserk in at a bar in the commons and assaulted up to 6 people. Have a look on Wiki. Also convicted for drink driving. What a catch!
No way! How is he not in prison?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.