Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I swear by Rausch's nourishing packs.

Their old formula had lanolin, I loved that a bit more but the new formula is still pretty damn great. I also always return to their egg oil shampoo.

The company's been around since 1890, they know what they're doing. I take quality over excitement any day.

Reactions: 4
I’m really shocked that Mel Thompson has died. Not really my bag as I’ve never bought an eyeshadow pallet in my life but she was so beautiful and I really enjoyed watching her videos. So very sad for her family. Bloody f in hell.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
the fact that Sali said in one of her latest videos that her bleached hair has had absolutely no breakage... ok sure, we believe you, just got those extensions for fun then?
even if that is true her hair is not the picture of health and whatever product she shows is not really being shown in it's best light alongside her ravaged hair - which I feel bad for her with, if someone told her she could bleach her fine hair with minimal damage they were telling her an absolute packet (but also she shouldn't have believed them as a beauty writer surely???)

Reactions: 11
After watching the Cult Beauty video I am fascinated to know what Head and Shoulders think of her being an ambassador.
She said her whole family only ever use Aveda haircare products. I am baffled as to why they chose her and why she accepted? Hasn't she always said she would never take money for recommending something she doesn't use?
I think that ship sailed a long time ago. In fact the more I see of SH the more I wonder at her ever choosing 'honesty' as her defining characteristic. I think honesty is simply not her default setting.

I know others who are like that, including a good friend. While for me, honesty is my instinctive - almost my only - approach or response in any situation, for others it's as if being honest is just one option amongst others. It doesn't seem to be that important - with self-interest or a desire to impress or please being more important.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Apropos of nothing why does everything I like always get discontinued??? Another one bites the dust; Origins, original skin makeup removing jelly - I bloody loved this. Not as pricy as some of its counterparts and easy to get hold of, until now that is...looks like it is no more.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I think that ship sailed a long time ago. In fact the more I see of SH the more I wonder at her ever choosing 'honesty' as her defining characteristic. I think honesty is simply not her default setting.
Yes you are setting yourself up for intense scrutiny when your USP is honesty. There are so many examples where she has not been honest. At the very least through omission.
Just harking back to Head and Shoulders as a sort of case study. She has not mentioned (as far as I know) being a brand ambassador anywhere on her social media. Only tucked away in articles in magazines.
I can only presume H & S wanted her for her SM presence. So she is taking money (I presume) to represent and advertise a brand she admits she and her family never use. So how reliable are her other recommendations?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
After watching the Cult Beauty video I am fascinated to know what Head and Shoulders think of her being an ambassador.
She said her whole family only ever use Aveda haircare products. I am baffled as to why they chose her and why she accepted? Hasn't she always said she would never take money for recommending something she doesn't use?
I have tried so many Aveda haircare products because they smell so good and I want to love them but I've usually been either underwhelmed or downright appalled. Some of them have made my hair feel worse.

• Sad
Reactions: 15

I know others who are like that, including a good friend. While for me, honesty is my instinctive - almost my only - approach or response in any situation, for others it's as if being honest is just one option amongst others. It doesn't seem to be that important - with self-interest or a desire to impress or please being more important.
Aude, you have hit the nail on the head for me here. It's at the core of my struggles with influencers (and many others too). I just can't fathom it because, as you say, honesty is my default setting, frequently to my detriment. I have worked alongside many people for whom it isn't, and it's been my experience that they are the ones who get ahead. The world loves a liar and a manipulator.

I don't mean to put myself on a pedestal, and I am not bitter. I'm not speaking of honesty as a Virtue here, just as a way of being in the world that comes naturally. I can't not see dishonesty as self-betrayal and I always wonder how people are able to allow for it so they remain at peace with themselves

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I have tried so many Aveda haircare products because they smell so good and I want to love them but I've usually been either underwhelmed or downright appalled. Some of them have made my hair feel worse.
They are distinctly average imo. Meanwhile I have loved everything I tried from Davines.

Reactions: 7
Perhaps she’s going to announce her long-awaited arrival at Platform Perimenopause? 🚂 What insight can she possibly share if she hasn’t gone through it? Although it makes sense that she’d want in on a bit of Menopause Moolah - it’s definitely being monetised now.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Perhaps she’s going to announce her long-awaited arrival at Platform Perimenopause? 🚂 What insight can she possibly share if she hasn’t gone through it? Although it makes sense that she’d want in on a bit of Menopause Moolah - it’s definitely being monetised now.
Maybe she’ll be talking about peri menopause. I hope she does have something to offer beyond an extensive knowledge of cooling facial mists.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She will definitely monetise the tit out of this. It will be comfy knits, cosseting moisturisers, madly expensive pyjamas and Marmite on toast for daaays.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
She will definitely monetise the tit out of this. It will be comfy knits, cosseting moisturisers, madly expensive pyjamas and Marmite on toast for daaays.
Oh god. The mere thought of a comfy knit is bringing a sweat on.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Aude, you have hit the nail on the head for me here. It's at the core of my struggles with influencers (and many others too). I just can't fathom it because, as you say, honesty is my default setting, frequently to my detriment. I have worked alongside many people for whom it isn't, and it's been my experience that they are the ones who get ahead. The world loves a liar and a manipulator.

I don't mean to put myself on a pedestal, and I am not bitter. I'm not speaking of honesty as a Virtue here, just as a way of being in the world that comes naturally. I can't not see dishonesty as self-betrayal and I always wonder how people are able to allow for it so they remain at peace with themselves
My experience has been like yours, that it's often the people in a fairly casual relationship with the truth who tend to get ahead. The good friend I mentioned has had a wildly successful career. He remains a good friend because he's sort of honest about being dishonest - doesn't pretend to be something he's not.

I think you're right that the world might tolerate/forgive a liar but the world cannot stand a hypocrite.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.