Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sali will have a stock of anecdotes from her friends experiences of the menopause. Maybe with a few Estée Lauder company product recommendations.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Sali will have a stock of anecdotes from her friends experiences of the menopause. Maybe with a few Estée Lauder company product recommendations.
I can think of so many more people suitable talk about it. Namely someone who didn't seem mortified at the mere suggestion they were peri/menopausal.
I have a horrible feeling the whole approach of this thing will be medicalised and monetised. (Fine of course if that is your choice).

• Sad
Reactions: 14
It’s a big ask, but I wonder if @SqualorVictoria could channel Sali’s meno wisdom talk for us?

Or we could do a group effort… Afraid I’ve got brain fog so can’t get us started 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Sali’s menopause panel has been called out on Twitter for being all white. No info on any pearls she shared.

04C08D8F-44E2-4DFB-B7C1-9A7C77BB76AC.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
To be fair, Anna Friend (no clue who she is) was on the panel and she replied agreeing with the sentiment and recommended some voices

What was the defensive response? I didn't see it

Reactions: 3
"This should be reflected in the public discussions" is mealy-mouthed. What are they doing NOW to facilitate this? There are RTS of her response by other white women (an MP) but no comment or response to the question posed about whether Black speakers were invited.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Fair enough but from what I can see she was invited and not the organiser (or whatever the word is). Surely they should be answering the question on what is being done now

Reactions: 3
I was just watching This Morning and they had a segment on Beauty Advent Calenders (crazy prices but anyway) Cult Beauty are doing one and donating £40k to charity. The woman said 'Beauty Banks founded by Caroline Hirons'. I looked it up and she meant Beauty Backed (which CH set up to help beauty industry professionals struggling after covid). Awks.
We know Sali rarely pays for any beauty treatments :rolleyes: apart from her nails. Does Caroline? She may well do - I've no idea.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
But isn’t Sali some sort of self-appointed inclusion warrior? Surely she would refuse to appear on an all-white panel?

Last edited:
  • Haha
We know Sali rarely pays for any beauty treatments :rolleyes: apart from her nails. Does Caroline? She may well do - I've no idea.
I remember a kerfuffle on her thread about Caroline Hirons going to a salon on the stroke of midnight to get a freebie hair treatment the moment when lockdown lifted.

She claims to tip well and scolds her followers to do the same, but surely it would make more sense to just pay.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.