Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god that do you like your face line was so bizarre. It was almost like she wanted her to admit she has insecurities so Sali could coach her and act like a supportive big sister.
Yeah came across as v strange and also like she hadn't watched Jamie's videos at all? JG is pretty up front about the treatments and tweakments she has had and when, what she has liked and not liked and why, what she is intrigued to try in the future etc, which strikes me as someone who is very comfortable with how she looks and owning that she has changed it, unlike someone we know.......... 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'd also assumed they were friends as Sali gave her a glowing mention in Pretty Honest and there was a photograph of Hirons, Sali and Ruth at the launch of Ruth's dry shampoo and a matey caption.

I honestly feel that Sali will be fawning to those she thinks above her- Mary Greenwell, Morag Ross, Sam McKnight and chilly to those not 'cool enough'- Lisa Armstrong, Rosie HW, etc etc

Yeah came across as v strange and also like she hadn't watched Jamie's videos at all? JG is pretty up front about the treatments and tweakments she has had and when, what she has liked and not liked and why, what she is intrigued to try in the future etc, which strikes me as someone who is very comfortable with how she looks and owning that she has changed it, unlike someone we know.......... 🤪
She really is a massive hypocrite. She has a passion for product (🙄) but she deduced that Charlotte Tilbury must be insecure about her looks due to the makeup in bed thing. No chance CT also has a 'passion for product'. She has had multiple tweakments herself but if others do it it must be because they don't like their own face. It's funny how she loves to position herself as being one of the few that has a healthy attitude to beauty.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
She really is a massive hypocrite. She has a passion for product (🙄) but she deduced that Charlotte Tilbury must be insecure about her looks due to the makeup in bed thing. No chance CT also has a 'passion for product'. She has had multiple tweakments herself but if others do it it must be because they don't like their own face. It's funny how she loves to position herself as being one of the few that has a healthy attitude to beauty.
...and possibly to everything else as well.

Reactions: 6
I think it's really telling when someone asks questions about being insecure about one's looks. I used to a PT who always used to ask me what procedures I would have done if money was no object. She was always incredulous that I would have nothing done as I was perfectly content with how I look. She was not content. Sali is clearly not happy with herself either, hence questioning others about their insecurities.

I find it odd that she was so standoffish to Rosie HW given the fact she's a recognisable name (and face) in a way Sali is not and will never be.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Oh yes! You could tell she was looking down her nose at Lisa Armstrong. Fair enough she isn’t going to be fangirling over every single interviewee but For Gods Sake be nice! It’s your job to be professional and not make it seem as if this is a video you’re being forced to do against your will. How she sees herself as superior to so many people baffles me. Lisa Armstrong was a successful pop star, is now a successful makeup artist on a hugely popular TV show and was married to a massive TV star so is very rich with great connections (a huge mark of success to Sali) yet she’s still not really good enough for our Sal. I honestly wish I had a tenth of Sali’s self-assuredness sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think it's really telling when someone asks questions about being insecure about one's looks. I used to a PT who always used to ask me what procedures I would have done if money was no object. She was always incredulous that I would have nothing done as I was perfectly content with how I look. She was not content. Sali is clearly not happy with herself either, hence questioning others about their insecurities.

I find it odd that she was so standoffish to Rosie HW given the fact she's a recognisable name (and face) in a way Sali is not and will never be.
Rosie might be a recognisable name and face but in Sali's eyes she probably lacks the 'cool' factor. That's how shallow Sali is

I went to have a look at the RHW video and was reminded of this howler of a comment. Talk about deluded. Keep on telling yourself RHW isn't that beautiful....

Oh yes! You could tell she was looking down her nose at Lisa Armstrong. Fair enough she isn’t going to be fangirling over every single interviewee but For Gods Sake be nice! It’s your job to be professional and not make it seem as if this is a video you’re being forced to do against your will. How she sees herself as superior to so many people baffles me. Lisa Armstrong was a successful pop star, is now a successful makeup artist on a hugely popular TV show and was married to a massive TV star so is very rich with great connections (a huge mark of success to Sali) yet she’s still not really good enough for our Sal. I honestly wish I had a tenth of Sali’s self-assuredness sometimes.
Compare Lisa Armstrong to another female musician (Brix Smith Start). Indie girl Sali had to fawn over one but not the other. She's so shallow and snobby

Attachments

• Wow
Are we sure Sali didn’t write this under a fake name after watching the video back and feeling a bit bad about herself (as any woman would next to RHW) 🤣

Rosie might be a recognisable name and face but in Sali's eyes she probably lacks the 'cool' factor. That's how shallow Sali is

I went to have a look at the RHW video and was reminded of this howler of a comment. Talk about deluded. Keep on telling yourself RHW isn't that beautiful....

Compare Lisa Armstrong to another female musician (Brix Smith Start). Indie girl Sali had to fawn over one but not the other. She's so shallow and snobby
That’s a good comparison. Silly pop star Lisa, not being in The Fall.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I remember thinking Sali came across as quite detached and cold (ok, colder than usual) on the ITB with Ruth Crilly. I actually think it was the first time I noticed how too cool for school she thought she was. I’d assumed they were friends off camera but after watching I decided they probably weren’t. Ruth was talking about her infertility problems before conceiving her first child and Sali didn’t even feign sympathy as far as I recall.
I just recall being distracted by SH's awful bra/dress combo

Does anyone else remember the rumour that Sali interviewed Girls Aloud and they hated her so much that she found one of them had written F****** witch on her notepad?
Or is this a false memory.
SH said this herself on GTL and on twitter

This is the weight Zanna Rassi one. In retrospect, I wonder if the crossed arms were because she was self conscious of her bust 🤷‍♀️. The way her eyes drop when she introduces "my friend Zanna" could come from an body language guide to tells.
The Kate Somerville one was really odd. Kate was talking about something really sensitive/personal (possibly infertility?) and SH just cut her off if J remember right, saying "that's all for now, we'll be back with part 2...blah blah" just as she was opening up.

This is the weird one

Last edited:
  • Wow
I've posted previously that Hershesons have lost their concession at Harvey Nichols in part due to their prolific gifting to influencers, something HN does not feel to be on brand for them. It will be interesting to see if they, Hershesons that is, continue to gift influencers.
Is that definitely true? Wow.
Ah man, I like Jane C so much. She seems (to me) like a pretty mellow, calming actually honest voice in beauty world. But I cannot watch her put her make up on ….. babe, get up off your elbows, move your fringe…. try.
Hah, I like her too, but I agree with that :D.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I kind of love that Harrods don't want to be associated with influencers as it isn't on brand for them. Obviously I'll never be able to afford to shop there but I have a grudging respect for them for wanting to stay true to their status as a heritage department store and not pander to social media influencers

Reactions: 13
I misremembered, she was talking about having a troubled childhood and a woman who mentored her. She's just about to say how this affected her and SH says "Kate I'm going to interrupt you because this us definitely going to be a two parter..."

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Sali’s face throughout that clip shows not a jot of empathy. She trying but it’s not working.
ETA I have just watched it a second time and I can almost hear her debating whilst pretending to listen to Kate whether she should smash a baked potato or chin a Chilli Pickle for her evening meal 😒

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Wow! A good interviewer (not to mention somebody with empathy) would not have stopped that interview there!!

Reactions: 14
I don't get it, if it was too long, is that not what the editing afterwards is for? To cut her off so abruptly and especially when she was opening up is so cold. And the ITB series was never short and snappy anyway, the videos are usually long. No idea why she felt that was the moment to cut her off

Reactions: 13
Speaking of turning points, the turning point for me was the ITB with Rosie Huntington Whiteley. Apart from the fact that Sali had previously made a big thing out of only having ITBs in actual bathrooms rather than hotels, she was so rude and surly. She sat there with a huge scowl on her face and was not in the least bit interested in Rosie. Compare that to how fawning she was over some others, e.g Mary Greenwell, Morag Ross etc. I mean, I get that we all have bad days but at least pretend to be interested and be professional. It really put me off her
I found it hilarious, Rosie looks gorgeous, behaves impeccably, and She Here is sat there snarling at her, with greasy hair, shiny oily face, acting like she’s doing her a favour and clearly hating every minute. The interesting thing about the whole ‘in the bathroom’ series was that Sali literally has one approach, and is completely unable to alter it to get the best out of the subject. Like journalists do.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I found it hilarious, Rosie looks gorgeous, behaves impeccably, and She Here is sat there snarling at her, with greasy hair, shiny oily face, acting like she’s doing her a favour and clearly hating every minute. The interesting thing about the whole ‘in the bathroom’ series was that Sali literally has one approach, and is completely unable to alter it to get the best out of the subject. Like journalists do.
That sums it up perfectly

Still laughing over that deluded comment from one of Sali's stans about how Rosie really isn't that beautiful. I mean she is objectively beautiful and it's ridiculous to say otherwise

I'd love to know what she said to Girls Aloud for them to write that in her notebook

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I misremembered, she was talking about having a troubled childhood and a woman who mentored her. She's just about to say how this affected her and SH says "Kate I'm going to interrupt you because this us definitely going to be a two parter..."
Hmmmmm, I don’t remember seeing her attempting to flog any Kate Somerville products, I wonder if someone was taken straight off the PR list 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don't get it, if it was too long, is that not what the editing afterwards is for? To cut her off so abruptly and especially when she was opening up is so cold. And the ITB series was never short and snappy anyway, the videos are usually long. No idea why she felt that was the moment to cut her off
I never really liked her ITBW videos because they were so insanely long! They always seemed really unprofessional compared to YouTubers and their videos. She could definitely have edited the two parts into one pretty much every time.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.