Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is all so true. Who would have the absolute GALL to produce a video on a ‘recycling bin’ when weekly ,monthly , yearly ,shilling more and more ‘product’. You are part of the problem , sit down when the topic of the environment comes up.
Ugh I find this focus on ‘ product ’ sickening and so last century.

I completely agree with this. I too think the sell sell sell model is becoming outdated. I could buy stuff but I don’t want to ! I’m past being told this or that will improve my life. Maybe you have to be young to believe that .
I seem to go through eyeliners fast . I saw Angie from hot and flashy spray some setting spray into a lid and dip her brush in the liquid, then into eyeshadow. It’s great - stays all day and you can use any eyeshadow. I use a dark purple eyeshadow . It’s also a s9ft effect

I should add , if you don’t like the idea of the setting spray, use sterile eye drops
which setting spray? I have some eyeshadow that I rarely use and like you get through loads of eye liner. Am keen to try this!

Reactions: 1
This thumbnail pic really does sum up what they think of us! I remember watching this and thinking it was disgusting the amount of products she had (skip to the end and there are drawers and drawers) and CH saying you must have as much and Sali replying she has much more or something. It makes me sick. I've just bought a new bronzer and feel guilty I've bought it, but I don't have one and needed one.
Her accent has shifted since this and she isn't all gaspy and swallow-y here. Not gonna watch anymore. I don't want to see two grown women celebrating their conspicuous consumption

• Sick
Reactions: 18
There was a photo that was in Hirons book, it was a room in her house and no joke, there were floor to ceiling shelves stuffed with products. It actually made me feel ill

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Omg I dont want to influence you lol!

I had an event to go to earlier this year and I bought my first ever setting spray, it was Alll-nighter I think . Urban Decay . Black bottle. I wanted the staying power and it worked . It didn’t irritate me at all but I’d do a test if you have sensitive skin

There was a photo that was in Hirons book, it was a room in her house and no joke, there were floor to ceiling shelves stuffed with products. It actually made me feel ill
I remember that video. It was horrible. I was baffled too - how could one person get through all that stuff ? And why hoard it if you can’t use it ?

Reactions: 10
Hirons’s basement flat stuffed floor to ceiling with unopened Jiffy bags. That video more than anything before it is what made me think “hang on a minute”.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Hirons’s basement flat stuffed floor to ceiling with unopened Jiffy bags. That video more than anything before it is what made me think “hang on a minute”.
Yeah, me too.
And then there's always their excuse "it's my job"...

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I realise I might sound a little naive but am genuinely shocked that anyone is still influenced by influencers. I know once I realised it was all so disingenuous, a con/advertising by stealth, I deleted the few (skincare and fashion) influencers I followed and have never looked back. Are people really that clueless that they need to be told what to buy? I'm just so surprised by this and that some lack freewill to make their own decisions avout what to buy.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Her Beauty Pie advertisement is live, for anyone with a high level of self-loathing today

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
lol i never take photos of my food if I'm out the thought of it makes me cringe personally, I can see why someone might want to if it's a particularly interesting or pretty thing, however I am ALWAYS taking photos of the food I cook from home if I try a new recipe and bothering my dad with them hahaha

I feel torn on the people having lots of product thing because on the one hand it is obscene, especially when its talked about like its normal or funny for people in the industry and aspirational for the common person to have that much too but on the other hand if I am looking for recommendations on a new mascara I am going to trust someone's opinion who has tried loads more than your average person who buys Maybelline Great Lash every 6 months and has for their whole life (nothing wrong with that btw that tube is iconic). There's a place for it, but the extent to which it is normalised and also all sent out for free to influencers is what makes me feel ill with it. I think it comes down to what someone (I can't remember who sorry!) was saying a little while ago about why old-school blogging and makeup youtube was better, even if people had big collections they weren't as monstrous as what you can see today and there was so much less gifting/ADs that they will have bought all or most of it, accumulated over maybe years and because of a true passion and desire to share that. Now it is just dollar signs in the eyes, if I mention this thing and tag the brand I might get it for free, look at me I have a 'relationship' with this fancy brand (piss off there's no relationship they see you as a cash cow and you see them as a freebie machine). The gifted services really piss me off, get it free once and pay the rest like others have said. I don;t know how you could be in a hairdresser's chair for 6 hours and not pay, insanity.

sorry for the rant hahahah long day

Its astonishing that so much money (other people's) and time is spent on hair that still looks so bad. Imagine if she had to manage on budget like us plebs.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Yeah I wouldn't be too worried about powder. It's liquid stuff that would worry me. And you clean your brushes after every use? Wow!
But I have about 20 brushes....and I only ever wore “fancy” eyeshadow at the weekend so perhaps once a week

Insert eye roll emoji

Does it honestly occur to most people to take a photograph of their food?
Why is she so bad at articulating her thoughts through the medium of writing?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Its astonishing that so much money (other people's) and time is spent on hair that still looks so bad. Imagine if she had to manage on budget like us plebs.
I wonder if she would have even gone down the bleached route if she was expected to pay. Must be nice for money not even to be a consideration.
I expect she still hangs around Hershesons at other times too, using it as her office. She must cost them several thousands each year.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I wonder if she would have even gone down the bleached route if she was expected to pay. Must be nice for money not even to be a consideration.
I expect she still hangs around Hershesons at other times too, using it as her office. She must cost them several thousands each year.
No shame either. That's the part that blows my mind. Just an incredible level of entitlement

• Sick
Reactions: 16
Not gonna watch anymore. I don't want to see two grown women celebrating their conspicuous consumption
There was a time - circa 2013 when Sali Hughes Beauty launched - when I found the videos from the In the Bathroom series aspirational! Watching that video now makes me feel queasy…

• Sad
Reactions: 19
The absoloute nonsense of that ITBW. Two women picking up bottles and tubes and muttering competitively about being obsessed with cleansing. Obsessed I tell you! Showing off about the number of flannels they own. Thousands. I actually invented flannels! Hugging a tub of face cream to their cheek like it's a long lost puppy. Pointing at tampons! Vulva lollz. Its like a French and Saunders sketch without any of the laughs.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Thousands?! No one person even needs dozens. That sounds like a psychological problem

I felt uncomfortable for Mr Hirons. He sleeps in a SpaceNK warehouse.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’m sure I’ve seen Caroline say that she sets aside limited edition fragrance and make-up for her daughter as some form of legacy. Forgive me if I’m ignorant of the market value of a 20 year old Viktor and Rolf perfume but who would actually want boxes of old make-up?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.