Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She looks so totally different from say 5 years ago. What work has she had done on her face? Her jaw looks shaved or something. Or is it different make up? Her hair was/is very fine without all those extensions, bet it looks a fright now without them in! I'm surprised she hasn't sorted out her Nanny McPhee tooth.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm confused 🤔 Is there another Sali Hughes who might be a compassionate feminist?

"">S

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I misremembered, she was talking about having a troubled childhood and a woman who mentored her. She's just about to say how this affected her and SH says "Kate I'm going to interrupt you because this us definitely going to be a two parter..."
Fuckin' sociopath.

She wasn't live going to a commercial break, there was no need for that, and anyone with an iota of empathy would not have done it

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Her hair was/is very fine without all those extensions, bet it looks a fright now without them in! I'm surprised she hasn't sorted out her Nanny McPhee tooth.
A cynic might say that dentists don’t need influencer partnerships to get clients in 🤷‍♀️
(I don’t think her teeth look like bad)

That itbw gives me ‘your time is now up’ in a therapy appt vibes just when you’ve relaxed enough to speak. 🥺
I didn’t understand her logic of splitting videos across two weeks, but that’s expert content creation 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Somewan has also put Caitlin Moron in the pot. Y’what now?

Perhaps only *poor little Sali is allowed a Dickensian backstory?

*but also heroic feminist against all odds achiever doing if for herself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Somewan has also put Caitlin Moron in the pot. Y’what now?

Perhaps only *poor little Sali is allowed a Dickensian backstory?

*but also heroic feminist against all odds achiever doing if for herself.
I got Moran's last book from a library sale today (for research purposes obvs). Here's the dedication
20210924_145507.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Twitter is just a medium for people to show off that they once heard about something.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
She is hardly disfigured. It just looks like normal post-meno weight gain. Of course, when your conventional beauty has been your value all your life, ageing must present additional challenges. It's interesting to see how the various supermodels are dealing with it. Some are in a total cage-fight with physics while others are just letting it happen and are very open and honest about it

Reactions: 23
I never really liked her ITBW videos because they were so insanely long! They always seemed really unprofessional compared to YouTubers and their videos. She could definitely have edited the two parts into one pretty much every time.
I remember the interview with Dr Dennis Gross, with the shaky handheld camera work, looked like a very dull outtake from the Blair Witch Project . No tripods in NYC clearly. Looked really cheap and unprofessional.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She is hardly disfigured. It just looks like normal post-meno weight gain. Of course, when your conventional beauty has been your value all your life, ageing must present additional challenges. It's interesting to see how the various supermodels are dealing with it. Some are in a total cage-fight with physics while others are just letting it happen and are very open and honest about it
I haven’t seen any photos that show the “disfigurement” but I have to admit that I’m struggling with any reaction other than a massive eye roll. I’m sure it’s been horribly traumatic for her but ffs Linda. Read the room.

(See also Angelina Jolie and her recent revelations about her marriage)

Reactions: 14
Had to read for a solid five minutes to get past the fawning comments from bluetickers on LE's post about being "brutally disfigured" and "permanently deformed" and I've got to say, the people saying it plays into fatphobic rhetoric have got a point

A double chin is not a disfigurement nor is it a deformity. The messaging here is horrible. But this is the woman who said she'd not get out of bed for less than $10K a day, so she's got form for tone deafness. I'm not doubting it's impacted her psychologically or that the pressure on women to look a certain way is intense, but jesus ...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Also, Sali said that coolsculpting thing was 'medical malpractice'. From what I've read it was a rare side effect rather than malpractice. I'm not saying that what happened isn't awful but there are risks with all types of procedures.

Reactions: 12
She'd have signed an informed consent/medical waiver. Still, this will likely trigger a class action. It's America, after all, and they love a lawsuit

Reactions: 5
I don’t think Sali is the best person to comment on the LE thing to be honest. But then I don’t think she’s a good enough writer to comment on anything with any kind of insight.

I think Sali is also extremely preoccupied with her looks / image and a lot of her increasing snappiness is to do with her discomfort with ageing. She would probably snarl at anyone who implies this but she comes across as a woman extremely uncomfortable in her own skin in my opinion. Otherwise why all the posturing?

Reactions: 22
I am just exhausted by how fake everything is and how appearance-obsessed our society is. I swear to god, it's turning me into a hermit. I just have no interest in being around people who are consumed by what they look like to other people. It's boring as duck

I'd love to know what she said to Girls Aloud for them to write that in her notebook
Kudos to whoever had her pegged so quickly

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.