Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am so over this ‘trainers and elasticated waists’ crap.
Me too. How many times has she said it now?

Wow. How snooty is this

But, believe me, this is not one of those watery, barely visible bases designed solely for Goop readers to wear when they go to pilates

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Me too. How many times has she said it now?

Wow. How snooty is this

But, believe me, this is not one of those watery, barely visible bases designed solely for Goop readers to wear when they go to pilates
I think that’s a massive misfire. I’m sure the Goop/Pilates/Graun venn is quite compact. Maybe she would be better off writing for Closer after all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
She Here can't wait to go dancing again. But it won't be in heels or binding clothing. Er Sam Chapman's wedding? When she was first on the dance floor?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
So several columnists have announced that today will be there last column in the Guardian but not the dancing queen. WTAF. We have been robbed.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
So several columnists have announced that today will be there last column in the Guardian but not the dancing queen. WTAF. We have been robbed.
Maybe The Graun have just forgotten about her? She submits her odd little essays and the editor thinks 'Oh that's nice. Who was that?' then she instantly slips beneath their radar again.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Maybe The Graun have just forgotten about her? She submits her odd little essays and the editor thinks 'Oh that's nice. Who was that?' then she instantly slips beneath their radar again.
Yep, but then the finance department remind them exactly who she is: the affiliate link pusher. Ka-ching!!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
She's a 'resident beauty columnist'. But yes, I do remember her being referred to as the beauty editor

Reactions: 5
That vintage lipstick she's drooling over looks like a dog's dick

Link so clicks go via Tattle. I can’t bear giving the woman a click otherwise.

View attachment 768774
Consider my review an AD, more like it.
That's three weeks, isn't it, where the column has been just one product? Sali clearly gives no shits about her "journalism" reputation, to be filing blatant advertorials like this. But then she's a fulltime influencer now, chasing the big bucks to keep herself in overpriced shoes and the mirrored hallways of Greek hotel rooms 🤑

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I decided to buy some make-up today as I’ve not treated myself for a while and the only foundation I had was Mac Studio Radiance which I like as it seems to suit my dry skin. But I bought a small tube of Erborian cc and the bb stick concealer. I was watching Nadine Baggott who comes across so warm and reviews things saying she did or didn’t get on with things and why. I then watched one with her and Jo Jones (I’d not really seen anything of her before) and they both seem so nice. Complete contrast to someone else!

Reactions: 4
That vintage lipstick she's drooling over looks like a dog's dick

That's three weeks, isn't it, where the column has been just one product? Sali clearly gives no shits about her "journalism" reputation, to be filing blatant advertorials like this. But then she's a fulltime influencer now, chasing the big bucks to keep herself in overpriced shoes and the mirrored hallways of Greek hotel rooms 🤑
Yes her columns are pointless. What a waste of space. Recommending ONE product a week with paragraphs of inane waffle with tortured analogies. It is so hard to remember what she used to be. A trusted voice cutting through the beauty bullshit. Seriously those days are so long ago and it is sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Yes her columns are pointless. What a waste of space. Recommending ONE product a week with paragraphs of inane waffle with tortured analogies. It is so hard to remember what she used to be. A trusted voice cutting through the beauty bullshit. Seriously those days are so long ago and it is sad.
If the current state of the column is anything to go by, the book - should it even eventuate - is going to be a painfully self-indulgent, rambling read. All 384 subordinate clause-filled pages of it 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 20
If the current state of the column is anything to go by, the book - should it even eventuate - is going to be a painfully self-indulgent, rambling read. All 384 subordinate clause-filled pages of it 😬
Oh crikey The Book. I'd forgotten about that. Has it been mentioned by She Here recently?
It was all guns blazing until not long ago, then publication date pushed back and now radio silence.
Oh yes it will be dreadfully self indulgent and smug. And I for one cannot wait 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Surely covid was a gamechanger as far as prescriptive lifestyle books go. At least half of it must be redundant

Surely covid was a gamechanger as far as prescriptive lifestyle books go. At least half of it must be redundant
Ah maybe that accounts for the delay. Rewriting going on as we speak. I also think going through deleting mentions of best friend India took a good deal of red pen.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.