Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This page is what comes up when you click on Sali's author page at Fourth Estate even though they appear to be publishing her next book. Maybe they are updating her bio. "Sali Hughes: NOT FOUND or error" would make a decent thread title.

I've seen posts about the Cheltenham Literary Festival on IG from Sarah Jossel among others - is She Here not going then? 🤭

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 5
LE is launching a foundation! I’m sticking to my no-buy until used up what I have, so I’m eagerly awaiting the tattle reviews! Hope she can colour match a beef shade for us
I hate myself for really wanting this.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I've mixed feelings on the LE new foundation launch- I'm sure they'll be great but really does the world need yet another makeup line? I feel bad saying this as I do love her

Reactions: 16
LE is launching a foundation! I’m sticking to my no-buy until used up what I have, so I’m eagerly awaiting the tattle reviews! Hope she can colour match a beef shade for us
I keep trying to stick to the same rule, but with foundations and blushers I appear to be out of control 🤷‍♀️ Unless someone stages an intervention for me I imagine I'll be reporting back sooner than I should be 😬

Noticed that Sali has stopped listing HER CHANEL DARK TORTOISE PANTOS FRAMES in capitals. End of an era.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I've mixed feelings on the LE new foundation launch- I'm sure they'll be great but really does the world need yet another makeup line? I feel bad saying this as I do love her
I absolutely can't colour match any way but in person. I don't know what my skin tone is but every foundation is too chalky, too pink, too beige, too orange or too yellow. If she includes actual samples of it with lipstick orders, and I found a shade which worked, I might be tempted.

Reactions: 6
I absolutely can't colour match any way but in person. I don't know what my skin tone is but every foundation is too chalky, too pink, too beige, too orange or too yellow. If she includes actual samples of it with lipstick orders, and I found a shade which worked, I might be tempted.
I may try it. I have not spent any money on beauty for months as I am still using my stash. I too am crap at colour matching though and I don’t need any new lipsticks as still have some LE ones from her previous launch

Reactions: 3
I keep trying to stick to the same rule, but with foundations and blushers I appear to be out of control 🤷‍♀️ Unless someone stages an intervention for me I imagine I'll be reporting back sooner than I should be 😬

Noticed that Sali has stopped listing HER CHANEL DARK TORTOISE PANTOS FRAMES in capitals. End of an era.
I am so out of control… help me, help me, someone help me …

Succumbed to Pat McGrath’s foundation a couple of weeks ago, now that it’s autumn I’m VERY pale.

So I clearly needed a new foundation as my summer bases are a bit off colour wise now

I don’t want to read too much into her narcissistic af insta stories but last night I said she never reads any books and all of a sudden it’s comfies (🤮) and books ALL DAY. Comfies and glued to her tattle threads all day I’d say.
Of course she reads!

slogans on jumpers

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just read the Jane Fonda interview - it gets really sad when this absolute icon and legend talks about how she can’t work unless she looks attractive, she needs men to think she looks good, and she’ll put more effort in to her appearance if she knows she’s going to be talking to a man, even if it’s just a male doctor.

Sali’s conclusion to the article:

If my being a woman has made her make less effort today, then I can’t imagine how she could look any more beautiful than this for a man.

Yuck. And then there are five product recommendations, all from L’Oreal.
Yikes, what an embarrassment. No doubt L'Oreal was given sign-off. Imagine if some minor celeb had said that, about dressing for men. Sali would be having a go on twitter. Or old Sali would, before she started censoring herself. On the other hand, she dresses for Leonard, so maybe she just relates

This page is what comes up when you click on Sali's author page at Fourth Estate even though they appear to be publishing her next book. Maybe they are updating her bio. "Sali Hughes: NOT FOUND or error" would make a decent thread title.

Isn't she with HarperCollins?

It was the bit at the end where they discuss what makes her feel “worth it” that finished me off. Has sali worked commercially with L’Oréal then? I’m embarrassed to say I was influenced by her recommendation of the Garnier (owned by L’Oréal) watermelon shampoo in her guardian column with its promise of “softness and enthusiastic bounce” and it left my hair so lank and greasy I had to bin it before I finished the bottle. A first for me and shampoo. I’m curious now about the L’Oréal connection.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Yikes, what an embarrassment. No doubt L'Oreal was given sign-off. Imagine if some minor celeb had said that, about dressing for men. Sali would be having a go on twitter. Or old Sali would, before she started censoring herself. On the other hand, she dresses for Leonard, so maybe she just relates

Isn't she with HarperCollins?
On Amazon, Fourth Estate are named as the publishers of her upcoming book.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
This is on the HarperCollins website. Maybe Fourth Estate is an imprint

Good old Sali. Scratch the surface and you get more surface.

As a journalist has she ever interviewed anyone who doesn't seem to be obsessed with product and appearance? I would love her to talk to someone who eschews all that - just as an interesting counterpoint. (I don't mean someone like Bobbi Brown who pretends to). I know she is a beauty journalist but it is still an aspect of it. (And I know Sali's parameters are quite narrowly about product, not history of beauty or regional, cultural variations for eg).
Jo Brand wears lipstick and doesn’t give a duck what you think of how she looks, but she doesn’t deserve being snippy Sali-ed.
Dressing for Leonard makes some sense when you consider the state of the “un-ironed, lint and dog hair covered, caca de bèbè palette and too short trousers look” she usually rocks

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.