Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's my evening sorted 🧐

Page 1: "If she finds this thread she will react with all guns blazing ..."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Thread suggestion: my £300 sweatshirt is covered in dog hair and democratically priced, you plebes.
I know it’s too long but I couldn’t resist 😅

That's my evening sorted 🧐

Page 1: "If she finds this thread she will react with all guns blazing ..."
It’s on her very first thread! I closed my tab and now can’t find the poster’s name again but it’s about midway through thread 1

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Books AND Netflix? At the same time?
I think 'books' means she's reading the subtitles.

As for the jumper, I really want her to have commissioned duck You and Your Blusher, but that would mean she's been hiding a sense of humour - AS bleeping IF

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Tbf to Sali, I’m not sure why people doubt that she’s a book lover. She actually just tweeted about a new series she’s really enjoying…

6251EB03-8611-4E6D-9C5D-86912D7EFFC4.jpeg

60FC112B-2E54-40C0-A7A8-BE0EF35721EE.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Just read the Jane Fonda interview - it gets really sad when this absolute icon and legend talks about how she can’t work unless she looks attractive, she needs men to think she looks good, and she’ll put more effort in to her appearance if she knows she’s going to be talking to a man, even if it’s just a male doctor.

Sali’s conclusion to the article:

If my being a woman has made her make less effort today, then I can’t imagine how she could look any more beautiful than this for a man.

Yuck. And then there are five product recommendations, all from L’Oreal.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Just read the Jane Fonda interview - it gets really sad when this absolute icon and legend talks about how she can’t work unless she looks attractive, she needs men to think she looks good, and she’ll put more effort in to her appearance if she knows she’s going to be talking to a man, even if it’s just a male doctor.

If my being a woman has made her make less effort today, then I can’t imagine how she could look any more beautiful than this for a man.

Yeah it's sort of the opposite of 'empowering' (though admittedly that term has become increasingly nebulous in recent years given the way its thrown about by marketing companies!)

Reactions: 9
Thread suggestion: my £300 sweatshirt is covered in dog hair and democratically priced, you plebes.
I know it’s too long but I couldn’t resist 😅

It’s on her very first thread! I closed my tab and now can’t find the poster’s name again but it’s about midway through thread 1
Its CKC, just spent the last 20 minutes going back through thread 1..... it was a nice trip down memory lane

Reactions: 5
JFC I thought I was a bit fancy with my Cos sweater dress I got in the sale (£27.50). I thought it would be a good winter option with boots, but it’s the dream cosy garment.

Reactions: 6

Feminism?
mariahcarey-dontknowher.gif

• Haha

that’s so depressing. Sali doesn’t even know where feminism lives.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

And she said at the of start of the piece Fonda was "fresh from the Grazia photoshoot" so she knew she didn't look like that for her. It stuck out to me, like SH hadn't read the earlier part of her own article.
But regardless of that, as you say, it's grim and a pathetic conclusion in the true sense of the word

• Sad
Reactions: 16
And she said at the of start of the piece Fonda was "fresh from the Grazia photoshoot" so she knew she didn't look like that for her. It stuck out to me, like SH hadn't read the earlier part of her own article.
But regardless of that, as you say, it's grim and a pathetic conclusion in the true sense of the word
Good old Sali. Scratch the surface and you get more surface.

As a journalist has she ever interviewed anyone who doesn't seem to be obsessed with product and appearance? I would love her to talk to someone who eschews all that - just as an interesting counterpoint. (I don't mean someone like Bobbi Brown who pretends to). I know she is a beauty journalist but it is still an aspect of it. (And I know Sali's parameters are quite narrowly about product, not history of beauty or regional, cultural variations for eg).

Reactions: 11
This page is what comes up when you click on Sali's author page at Fourth Estate even though they appear to be publishing her next book. Maybe they are updating her bio. "Sali Hughes: NOT FOUND or error" would make a decent thread title.

• Haha
  • Heart
I mentioned this on the India Knight thread but as she is such a good chum of Sali's will put it here too. India recently wrote an article about Adele (why she has the nerve to talk about anyone else's relationship is baffling but hey ho) in which she said:
Women 'put their children first, then their husbands'.
Unless of course you are India, who chose her p*edophile partner over her daughter.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
LE is launching a foundation! I’m sticking to my no-buy until used up what I have, so I’m eagerly awaiting the tattle reviews! Hope she can colour match a beef shade for us

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
....she’ll put more effort in to her appearance if she knows she’s going to be talking to a man, even if it’s just a male doctor.

In essence EVERY man is Leonard? Oh dear Lord, I don't have enough posh frocks to dress for them all.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
LE is launching a foundation! I’m sticking to my no-buy until used up what I have, so I’m eagerly awaiting the tattle reviews! Hope she can colour match a beef shade for us
I‘m a bit slow today. Who’s LE?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.