Sali Hughes #38 True to size. Mine is XS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Certainty! šŸ‘€I stopped reading her because of the certainty with which her sermons were (are? - sheā€™s on no feeds of mine anymore) delivered.

Remarkable (said in aFrench accent for some reason).
Quite! I have rarely come across somebody with such rigid and inflexible views.
She almost never seems to listen to an opposing point of view - just gets irritated by it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
How very odd! I wonder how many Twitter exchanges she can point to where someone else's view has changed hers.

Also, I wouldn't say that 'certainty' was a 'widely-held value'. I think openmindedness, an ability to see other points of view, an appreciation of the limitations of your own experience/knowledge are more widely valued.

Reactions: 14
Quite! I have rarely come across somebody with such rigid and inflexible views.
She almost never seems to listen to an opposing point of view - just gets irritated by it.
For someone who considers herself a journalist ( amongst her other jobs) her lack of an open mind and curiosity must hinder her.

Reactions: 13
"Name a widely-held value you have little to no interest in"

Sali: "Certainty"

I cannot get my head around how insightless she is. We're talking about someone who manifests strong feelings of certainty with every pronouncement.

The hair šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬
Letā€™s hope she packed some deep conditioner in her bag (canā€™t bear to watch the video to find out)
View attachment 727262
duck me, is she Bill Bailey's sister?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I have a question that sounds a bit like something that someone would post on GTL but here goes: how sentimental are you all about holding on to old makeup items? I have a bit of a hangover from the forum days of keeping some stuff that has sentimental value, such as the lipstick I was wearing when I met my partner and so on. Someone help me be ruthless!
Very, and I mourn some lipsticks I had long ago and either used up or threw away. I still think about an old Bourjois red one with a gold shimmer in, the smell of it....

Reactions: 9
I have a question that sounds a bit like something that someone would post on GTL but here goes: how sentimental are you all about holding on to old makeup items? I have a bit of a hangover from the forum days of keeping some stuff that has sentimental value, such as the lipstick I was wearing when I met my partner and so on. Someone help me be ruthless!
Take some digital photos, that way you can keep the memory & ditch the object. Set it up in a flat lay and pretend youā€™re an influenza. Can even go wild and get it printed some day

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The certainty thing is hilarious, given her strong opinions on everything from crisp brands to what time Christmas presents should be given at

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Software that is becoming the basic minimum for people who work/shill on Instagramā€¦..SHE PAID!
So she isn't paying to enhance her influencer role, but buys multiple pairs of overpriced flip flops. Its your job love, it comes across as very unprofessional.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
@SqualorVictoria not at all, no offence taken. And you are right about the narrative she tries to sell.
I think there's an increasing number of people questioning her credibility, and integrity.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The hair šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬
Letā€™s hope she packed some deep conditioner in her bag (canā€™t bear to watch the video to find out)
View attachment 727262
I havenā€™t inflicted the entire video on myself yet, but apart from her hair probably looking the worst I have ever seen it, her nails make me gag. Why would you not get those whipped off before your holiday.

Reactions: 10
I havenā€™t inflicted the entire video on myself yet, but apart from her hair probably looking the worst I have ever seen it, her nails make me gag. Why would you not get those whipped off before your holiday.
Hard agree! They look like 2002 TOWIE wedding acrylics, two weeks post-honeymoon. And she wrote a column on DIY removal, FFS.

ETA: the honeymoon included coasteering and a bespoke couplesā€™ sourdough bread baking class.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I say itā€™s a job for Marie Kondo. Does it ā€œspark joyā€? Does the scent transport you back, or is there a satisfying click? If so, keep it. If not, take a photo. If unsure, gather a box of ā€œunsureā€ items and review again in 6 months.

• Heart
Software that is becoming the basic minimum for people who work/shill on Instagramā€¦..SHE PAID!
Videos on the insta app has made influencers so much more lazy as they put out rough content without editing or finesse. Just hit record then post. In the good old days of Youtube they had to put more effort into content rather than vomiting it out there!

This, I can't watch all of it it, the constant nail-tapping and gulping and lip-smacking noises...just eugh.
Her eye area looks so different now (just googled some older pics).

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Bloody hell her hair! It looks down right awful, completely fried, frizzed out yellow brillo pad. I'm speechless!!! And she's talking in the video about hair care products????? She's trolling her viewers

Jesus! Our Expert Content Creator, in the year 2021, is unable to provide captions. And is hesitant to spend any actual cash on the issue. What a Queen of Inclusion.

View attachment 727451

She only bothers with any on-screen information because her dumbfuck followers (read: income providers) canā€™t be arsed to read her credits. What a drain it all is for her.
Iā€˜m genuinely shocked by this. I hope the commenter didnā€™t feel too bad, they asked a damn good question.
I know She Hereā€™s snippiness isnā€™t new, but omg to be like that over an innocent question about ACCESSIBILITY of all things is so, so nasty. Why couldnā€™t she say itā€™s tricky, but at least acknowledge and respect how important it is to make things accessible?!
Instead, her answer, to helping make things easier for the hard of hearing, is basically,
ā€œTried it.. (unrelated rant)ā€¦ ok I might.ā€

• Heart
  • Sad
Iā€˜m genuinely shocked by this. I hope the commenter didnā€™t feel too bad, they asked a damn good question.
I know She Hereā€™s snippiness isnā€™t new, but omg to be like that over an innocent question about ACCESSIBILITY of all things is so, so nasty. Why couldnā€™t she say itā€™s tricky, but at least acknowledge and respect how important it is to make things accessible?!
Instead, her answer, to helping make things easier for the hard of hearing, is basically,
ā€œTried it.. (unrelated rant)ā€¦ ok I might.ā€
Yes. She's admitted she's too lazy and cheap to care about anything that doesn't directly lead to purchases. A new low in my opinion of her.

I'm not deaf but I do have sound sensitivities as part of my autism which mean I often prefer to mute videos. She's basically saying F you to any of us. Well F you back Sally.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.