Sali Hughes #38 True to size. Mine is XS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And the comments about how 'outsiders' wouldn't get it and that's the 'vibe' people choose when moving to Brighton

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
That is interesting.
My problem with Sali was not whether she approved of adults dogwalking other adults in public or not, it was the way she got so righteous and hostile and completely refused to accept any other point of view.
A lot of people do not find it acceptable in public, and that doesn't make them illiberal or bigots.
I would love to know her views on that video clip 🤔
Same. I get her feeling that it was a good thing, seeing two men being so open about their sexuality in public. I don’t disagree with that. But there’s a clear difference between that and being unwittingly involved in fetish as a bystander and for her to just dismiss that viewpoint is pretty much the opposite of being open minded.

Reactions: 12
That is interesting.
My problem with Sali was not whether she approved of adults dogwalking other adults in public or not, it was the way she got so righteous and hostile and completely refused to accept any other point of view.
A lot of people do not find it acceptable in public, and that doesn't make them illiberal or bigots.
I would love to know her views on that video clip 🤔
I didn’t watch, but is the woman wearing make up? A red lip? Is her skin sheathed?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
‘Please don’t have a go at me for how much product I bring’. Christ it’s like someone held a gun to her head to make that video. Develop a sense of humour and get over yourself!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I read a thing recently, that I am trying to apply to myself, about how the true measure of yourself is how you deal with different viewpoints to your own.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
‘Please don’t have a go at me for how much product I bring’. Christ it’s like someone held a gun to her head to make that video. Develop a sense of humour and get over yourself!
For an influencer she has incredibly thin skin. Must be all those acids!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Please no one ever write ‘sheathed’ on here again 🤢

it reminds me of condoms from the olden days that were made of sheep stomachs or something.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Unsheathed doesn't even make sense in the context she used it. It means to draw a sword

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Her writing reminds me of Boyle in Brooklyn 99 who manages to make his descriptions absolutely disgusting.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She won't like that the times names her and tattle today, thanks for spreading the word!

Last year the journalist and beauty writer Sali Hughes spoke out about the campaign of harassment she’d experienced on Tattle Life, where anonymous trolls were dissecting every aspect of her personal life and spreading lies about her career.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Is there any way to read this for non-subscribers?

It pisses me off how no one bothers to fact-check whatever she spews out

It's all just taken at face value. Journalism is dead

Reactions: 6
Sorry this should work. That was about it for Sali.

There's a pretty entertaining piece about tattle in the mail today - pure creative writing presented as journalism 🤣

We're discussing it in the press thread

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
"Hughes ended up meeting one of her trolls to try to understand the mentality behind the attacks."

For the love of smeg, I wish they would stop referring to women who post on a niche forum as 'trolls'. If the Becky thing was real, she was apologetic and it must be awful to read about herself as a 'troll' in a national newspaper. It's dehumanising.

And Sali didn't 'try to understand' in any way shape or form.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
It all gets very "if I think it's trolling and abuse, then it is trolling and abuse!"

That's her truth, and no one can deny that (🙄) but it shouldn't be presented as the truth.

Reactions: 11
I resent being labelled a troll for using this forum. I’ve never trolled Sali, I just find her a bit silly and a very poor writer. Is finding someone mildly ridiculous being a troll?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I resent being labelled a troll for using this forum. I’ve never trolled Sali, I just find her a bit silly and a very poor writer. Is finding someone mildly ridiculous being a troll?
It is now, apparently.
Reddit is not trolling though.

Reactions: 4
For the love of smeg, I wish they would stop referring to women who post on a niche forum as 'trolls'. If the Becky thing was real, she was apologetic and it must be awful to read about herself as a 'troll' in a national newspaper. It's dehumanising.
Sali admitted she trolled Dawn O Porter for years, but apologised (let's assume this happened) and said they were now friends.
'Becky' is afforded no compassion by Sali after apologising. In fact mocked on various documentaries and programmes.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
Me too. Good, bad or indifferent, I've never contacted Sali directly on any of her platforms. As we've said before, she chooses to come here herself and has her friends read here too.

Sali admitted she trolled Dawn O Porter for years, but apologised (let's assume this happened) and said they were now friends.
'Becky' is afforded no compassion by Sali after apologising. In fact mocked on various documentaries and programmes.
And let's never forget that we know of at least one friend she shared the audio of the interview with. God knows how many friends have heard it

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I don’t think she feels comfortable with doing the IGTV stuff. She’s very defensive and I wonder if she looks at the comments in a way I would have done looking at my bank statement when I was a student, (and for a good time after 🙁) anticipating shite?
I think she lacks a sense of humour on her platform and on Twitter some ‘kindness’ or well meaning. If you know what I mean.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.