Sali Hughes #38 True to size. Mine is XS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
hahahahahha I actually love that nail colour, but I love looking like a swamp hag (literally I was wearing a long green drapey dress once and my dad asked if I'd just climbed out of a haunted pond - what a git haha)
The shape/thickness of the nails still looks clapped though

• Haha
Reactions: 15
They just look like acrylics to me - the thumb is always out of proportion with a flat edge. Colour not quite the cult of Nars Zulu.
(Great colour but takes about 5 coats)

Reactions: 6
Ah red toenails and clumpy black sandals must be the required uniform for Brighton fashionistas.
Obviously we wouldn't understand.
Tbh I have red toenails and wear clumpy black Birkenstocks. Alas, I've never even been to Brighton.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
They just look like acrylics to me - the thumb is always out of proportion with a flat edge.
Yes, they always look like old-style acrylics from this local salon. It’s like the newer thinner gels never happened, despite being around for 15 ish years. So odd.

Reactions: 7
She loves an ankle chain.
It's actually a necklace 😜

It looks abnormally wide and thick 🤢 all out of proportion with the rest of her nails. Can’t understand why she keeps going back to that place - must be getting them done for free?
It looks like a small trowel. That would be convenient for my indoor plants

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes, they always look like old-style acrylics from this local salon. It’s like the newer thinner gels never happened, despite being around for 15 ish years. So odd.
Last time I got fake nails must have been about 15 years ago - what are these gels you speak of? Acrylics ruined my nails, never went back.

Reactions: 3
Not sure about the journalism bit

Oh god, the rest of that exchange… and she thinks advertising a few refillable pots of shite makes her a sustainability expert.

BBCD8573-94E9-4D59-86DE-5DEC3DFFFD35.jpeg

If she was hungry growing up then I appreciate she might struggle with it now, but don’t take money to quack on about sustainability when you’re running three fridges for an average family home. The hypocrisy stinks.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Last time I got fake nails must have been about 15 years ago - what are these gels you speak of? Acrylics ruined my nails, never went back.
Acrylics were awful. Gels are a thinner and more flexible layer. I had CND Shellac, but I think there are loads of options now. You want a really good nail technician who doesn’t file your natural nail (apart from the bare minimum). Mind you, they can still take their toll.

Reactions: 4
Her family were chaotic lower middle class. Just like Caitlin Moran's. That's why there was little food. Her family has never been poor.

Reactions: 16
Appreciate these won’t be to everyone’s taste but these are my natural nails with a gel manicure. All vegan and cruelty free products. There must be so many incredible nail technicians in Brighton so I’m totally baffled by her thick stick on monstrosities.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Appreciate these won’t be to everyone’s taste but these are my natural nails with a gel manicure. All vegan and cruelty free products. There must be so many incredible nail technicians in Brighton so I’m totally baffled by her thick stick on monstrosities.
Defo have jewellery envy! Pretty sparklies.
Nails look good too.

Reactions: 10
Love! Can I ask where the tiny skull ring is from?

Reactions: 8
I see she spent part of yesterday minimising Kate Clancy's racism then deleted when she was challenged.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.