Sali Hughes #37 Dark tortoise pantos women's frames

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg his stinging put downs to 'trolls' in that clip are so embarrassing. Along the lines of 'well you've got silly hair'. And how were any of those comments even trolling?
I'm quite looking forward to the documentary. I can only imagine the levels of smugness and self congratulation. No doubt Sali will come up with her more salacious lies about here, and keep calling it a dragging site 😂
Although recent media/press reports on Tattle have been woeful, they have been right in describing it as a place for comment on influencers. Given that SH never seems to acknowledge her role as an influencer I wonder if she'll be less keen now to be associated with here.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm looking forward to the documentary. I've saw him say it was about "online hate" so I'm sure it will cover his mate Giles Coren's recent behaviour on Twitter.
David Baddiel is fond of saying that X or y are "complicated" or "complex" and that he is an intellectual who looks at things intellectually. Problem is he doesn't say much else.
He is of the "twitter was fabulous before the plebs joined" ilk. He has said India Knight recommended it to him saying it was like being at the most fabulous cocktail party in the company of the wittiest guests. And that it was initially. Presumably until ordinaries joined in.
In this clip he talks about taking trolls "down" by saying something funny and that his other followers liked this. Cool, that's alright then. Isn't that a bit like what we do here? Take the piss out of SH and other people here like it?
(His book on antisemitism is supposed to be very good though.)

Reactions: 12
Doubt Coren will get a mention because a blue tick gloating about the death of a young woman doesn't seem to meet their definition of trolling. Trolling in their book seems to be a tiny Twitter account saying they would rather go to the dentist than watch xyz celeb

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Can I ask for any recommendations for an aha (or aha + bha) toner that I can get from Boots and is cheap? I don't mean SH cheap which seems to be less than £20 these days. Only want to spend about a fiver max. Nipping out during my lunch so don't have time to browse. TIA

Reactions: 1
Can't vouch for it personally as I haven't tried it yet but I have seen this a few times

That fits the brief perfectly - should have just googled rather than trouble you. I've not used any acid toner for quite a while so the reviews saying it's got a low % aren't a problem as they all seem to be from seasoned acid users. Thanks @SqualorVictoria

Reactions: 2
I have used that glycolic acid and it is good. Having said that I have never used any other so have nothing to compare it with. I did use a Superdrug Naturally Radiant one actually.
That whole Boots range is good and proper cheap not Sali cheap.

David Baddiel is just a terrible snob with a deep loathing of ordinary people. Who have the temerity to poke fun at pompous celebrities.
He always struck me as hanging off Frank Skinner's coat tails and has several times blamed him for his poor judgement. Eg on Desert Island Discs a Nuts Magazine cover was mentioned, where he was pretending to grab a scantily clad woman's boobs - 'oh that was Frank's idea'. And I'm fairly sure I heard him blame Frank for the blackface monstrosity.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
That fits the brief perfectly - should have just googled rather than trouble you. I've not used any acid toner for quite a while so the reviews saying it's got a low % aren't a problem as they all seem to be from seasoned acid users. Thanks @SqualorVictoria
All of that Boots range in the pink boxes are good

Reactions: 1
I have used that glycolic acid and it is good. Having said that I have never used any other so have nothing to compare it with. I did use a Superdrug Naturally Radiant one actually.
That whole Boots range is good and proper cheap not Sali cheap.

David Baddiel is just a terrible snob with a deep loathing of ordinary people. Who have the temerity to poke fun at pompous celebrities.
He always struck me as hanging off Frank Skinner's coat tails and has several times blamed him for his poor judgement. Eg on Desert Island Discs a Nuts Magazine cover was mentioned, where he was pretending to grab a scantily clad woman's boobs - 'oh that was Frank's idea'. And I'm fairly sure I heard him blame Frank for the blackface monstrosity.
And Frank Skinner actually is very intelligent of course but wears it so lightly - he doesn't have keep saying he's an intellectual all the time for example. And as well as his intelligence dwarfing Baddiel's he's self aware and ridiculously quick witted. The difference between the two on Baddiel and Skinner was amazing, Baddiel goes whole episodes never cracking one gag, just babbles in coherently or says "hang on, did you just say _?". I've watched a few interviews with him recently and he's very repetitive and says stuff is complicated or complex - that's the depth of his analysis in the interviews I've seen at least. He can't be thick- as I say his book on antisemitism is supposed to be really good and not just according to blue ticks but academics who write on as have reviewed it positively- and he's written novels and a play- he mentions this in every interview to show what an intellectual he is. But he does come across as a bit thick a lot of the time.

Reactions: 4
He recently gave up Twitter for two whole weeks as research for it!

It looks woeful. (This is old because the tour got interrupted by Covid)

That Peston appearance resulted in Baddiel furiously back pedalling when he realised that he'd taken the piss out of Martyn Ware from Heaven 17 who has a blue tick and so couldn't possibly be a troll of course.
so take valid criticism and deflect it with schoolyard bullying, got it

ETA:
Came back to write

YOUR MUM

and then just remembered that was a key Newman & Baddiel sketch way back in the Palaeolithic era….

• Haha
Reactions: 14
😂😂, She here’s in Greece yet can’t resist the lure of the smug selfie and revealing details of her Son’s exam passes.

No deep research needed to see she’s a vain , needy IG wannabe.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
And was (maybe still is) C Moran's preferred retort to her trolls.
Baddiel and Moran speak very similarly to my ear, the rhythm of their speech, inconsequential babbling as a substitute for wit and are for some bizarre reason considered by some to be erudite.
Listen to 1st few mins of this - age and subject matter apart- it could be Moran talking about being 46 or whatever she is and going on a book tour.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
V. self obsessed post just appeared on Instagram. ALL her outfits worn over last few days in Greece 🥱 (all the same - cut offs and vests). And for those that missed it first time around the mozzie bite makes a reappearance.
To me, taking loads of selfies is such a strange way to spend your holiday!!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Ah Sali's holiday snaps. So private. So modest. Bless.

And the person in comments who asked if her shoes were from M and S 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.