Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
Repeating lies doesn't make them true.
I have, on occasion, defended her. And said nice things, too. As have others who are still very much around.

Reactions: 19

Yel

Chatty Member
There's no chance that happened as she described it. I'd put money on either herself or a friend having a pedi that wasnt great and it's been spun and embellished into a whole column because she thought it's good CoNtEnT like the influencer she is.

Could have just said she got cracked heals after a few weeks in sandals.

So it healed after a week, about the time that it would have healed even without any products? 🙄

As she says heels, why didn't she do different things to each foot to actually test things?

Bah it's all such trash- both of her contributions to the Guardian. I do like seeing the begging at the end of her pieces because said articles really were "high-impact, independent journalism that stands for truth and integrity"😆, if they can turn off comments for her posts they should turn off that request for cash.

• Haha

Eurgh

VIP Member
Size up? Lol. Sali wouldn’t be seen dead in a 10. SHE IS AN EIGHT OR AN XS!

• Haha
  • Heart

anais750185

Chatty Member
Those trousers are an abomination. Not criticising her as they would look equally abominable on me (but I wouldn't buy them, let alone wear them). Whistles stuff is way overpriced and often not very nice.
And her hair is BLONDE.

• Haha
  • Heart

usandthem

Dr Idriss has a very informative insta on why hyaluronic acid is over-hyped. Essentially it’s a too big a molecule to penetrate the skin and when applied topically it sits on top and sucks all the moisture from the top skin layer, leaving skin drier. I’ve never got on with it and even before this vid had given up on it as it caused me to break out.
The ingredients I really rate are- glycerin, peptides, niacinamide, AHAs and BHAs and retinol. And well-formulated SPF. Over-complicated skin routine only leads to more skin issues imo.

• Heart

Mselvista

VIP Member
I know this is old ground but it’s worth remembering how cruel and bitchy Sali has been in the past.
I'm convinced that is how she built up her following and got in with India, Caitlin, Lauren Laverne etc. And her higher profile on the back of that bitchiness helped her get the Guardian column as well as make some the connections she has.
It's what makes her apparent puzzlement at posters here so disingenuous, pretending that she does not understand the impulse to slag strangers off and to bond with people over that shared dislike (I won't use the hyperbolic word hate that SH is so found of employing when on about here). The pisstaking and mockery here has not come anywhere near the vitriolic showboating SH did on Twitter when she "had very few followers".

• Heart

melfish

VIP Member
I'd hate to read about myself, written by people who didn't know me. But I think at some point I would-if tipped off out of curiosity, however upsetting it was read for constructive criticism. Especially if "I" was the selling point. But from her reply earlier to Molly Gunn, she is incapable. I follow a thread about Ruth Crilley, and for this site there's never really derogatory comments about her at all. In fact I think we agree she's very likeable, funny and self deprecating.
If I didn't want people having opinions about the stuff I put online, I wouldn't put it online in the first place. It's really very simple

Basically what influencers seem to be saying is they have the right not to be criticised or disagreed with even. They just want the free stuff and the money and the endless compliments and ego strokes, thank you very much

Mselvista

VIP Member
I like the outfit and think she looks a lot better than she has of late - that sort of formal dressing suits the prim persona she's cultivated. But - bag and shoe trim aside - it is so reminiscent of Hedi Slimane's updated le smoking that it seems an odd choice, to wear a look that screams YSL to host a Chanel event. But I'm a *povface* who knows nothing.

• Heart

melfish

VIP Member
She has such a cheek calling herself a columnist first on her twitter bio. When I think columnist, I think people who write op-eds in broadsheets, not people who rewrite press releases like interns

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
This is not an ad, She here states at the beginning.

She might not have received payment but it’s still being named and advertised in positive, glowing terms on a massive platform to all of her followers.

How can it not be an ad?
This is what I don't get. Bobbi is a friend of hers and sent her a big box of free stuff. Sali raves on about it. Yet not an ad. I always thought that if influencers don't get payment, but get something free then mention it in glowing terms it is an ad. I expect Sali would say BB sent it with no expectation of a good review.

I like the look of a lot of the Jones Rd stuff but bloody hell it is too expensive for me. Single eyeshadows for over £20? And I'm surprised Sali didn't mention the utter pointlessness of an individual mirror in the compact. Also both the stick of oil and the the hefty stick of balm (completely impractical to lug around on a daily basis) seemed to be solving a problem that didn't exist.
Final point - the tiny pencil of foundation. When Sali was putting it on I couldn't even see it tbh. And of course vastly overpriced for such a tiny thing.
These brands that bang on about sustainability being so important to them. Sadly if they were that concerned they would do nothing. Don't release new products. Do something else. Don't salve you conscience by having small glass pots. There are more than enough beauty products in the world to last decades probably.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Aude

VIP Member
I know this is beside the point, and I know it's just a question of personal taste - and I know this isn't much of a compliment to a make-up expert - but I think she looks lovely here with little/no make-up.

1626519602953.png

melfish

VIP Member
Bobbi is my friend and I have been in her home and this is not an ad because Bobbi and I are friends ... Did I mention Bobbi is my friend?

• Haha
  • Sick

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
And the bar gets moving further and further, normalising elaborate, twice-daily skincare routines, so that you never feel like you're doing enough
That is it. More vital complicated steps introduced to your routine (serums, acids, toners, etc etc etc) . And the 'switch ups' from season to season as a reason to buy more. All presented as normal. More reasons to feel shame for looking your age as you simply weren't doing enough or trying hard enough or buying enough. This empowerment to look good I think is actually quite a pressure.
I hear Sali talking about her routine and it is quite honestly gobbledegook. So many fucking things and rules about the order of them. It's like a chemical experiment on your face constantly. (Ignoring the fact she ignores her botox and tweakments).

• Heart