Sali Hughes #35 She wore Vampire's Wife dresses when they were still Vampire's Girlfriend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If Freaky Friday had never happened then I doubt Sali would have made it to even five threads total by now. There probably would have been waves of discussion every so often over a particular column or tweet, but not much at all. Actually I think the grey hair would have been the most exciting discussion point?

(I’ve read this thread since the beginning but have only recently contributed to it more regularly. I’d started to get really fed up with her and when I clicked on the thread and saw others felt the same it was like this weird sense of vindication - a sense that happens often on Tattle when I discover complete strangers have the same criticisms of public figures that I do).

• Heart
Reactions: 21
New video up on Instagram…. (Not watched it yet). Hair is straightened but I’m still not feeling it!

Reactions: 1
New video up on Instagram…. (Not watched it yet). Hair is straightened but I’m still not feeling it!
I saw the first few seconds before the Keep Watching button popped up. It looks weirdly plastic!

If she straightens it regularly after all that processing, it will break off.

Reactions: 7
😬
I’d suggest a bold red lip for that ... she looks so washed out.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I say this from a place of kindness, but but these colours are making you look ill Sali. I know you don't want to change your makeup to fit your hair colour, but you'd end up feeling glad that you did.

Reactions: 20
Oof. Not good. It's all so flat on top too. The curtains are not her friend. How can she not see how unflattering it is?

Reactions: 10
Is that Coffee Shimmer?
Thank you! I was trying to remember what that lip colour reminded me of. Was that Rimmel? So funny how Sali kept saying how fresh and modern all this new makeup is - yet oddly looks so dated. All those various shades of brown.
I almost feel sorry for her with her hair. It simply is not working is it? I presume she did what will all do when unhappy with our hair and just keep fiddling and fiddling with it and making it worse. But this very straight and flat is 😬

Reactions: 12
I like the way the stripes of her hair blend into the stripes of her top.

I don't think her hair is flattering and the contrast of the colour on the ends to the root is to too harsh in my humble opinion. However with a sharper cut and bright make up I think it could work for her.

Reactions: 8
Agreed. The fringe is dreadfully unflattering. Without the fringe and different makeup she would look nice IMO

I am having pangs of sympathy. Yes she seems to have been for a recut. but she needs to admit this was a mistake. She has aged about twenty years. The make up, the flatness. Ouch.

Reactions: 17
I am having pangs of sympathy. Yes she seems to have been for a recut. but she needs to admit this was a mistake. She has aged about twenty years. The make up, the flatness. Ouch.
Yes that's when you know it has gone wrong - when you keep trying new things to make it better. First the fringe, now shorter and very flat.

Grow out the fringe bits and stop wearing all the taupe & brown makeup and she’d look great.

I don’t think the grey in itself is a total disaster. It’s a bold look and maybe not executed well, but it could at least be very striking and interesting if she stopped being so stubborn about changing up the rest of her look.

Straightening is THE worst idea, though. As someone who has struggled through 2+ years of repairing/growing out my insanely damaged hair (just from straighteners), I implore Sali to stop while she’s (somewhat) ahead.

Reactions: 14
The top is so brown too. I thought her whole rationale was along the lines of "I'm an all or nothing , ride and die, one thing or the other, no half measures kind of woman."

Reactions: 11
Grow out the fringe bits and stop wearing all the taupe & brown makeup and she’d look great.

I don’t think the grey in itself is a total disaster. It’s a bold look and maybe not executed well, but it could at least be very striking and interesting if she stopped being so stubborn about changing up the rest of her look.

Straightening is THE worst idea, though. As someone who has struggled through 2+ years of repairing/growing out my insanely damaged hair (just from straighteners), I implore Sali to stop while she’s (somewhat) ahead.
Yeah she is stuck in the "I'm such a maverick and don't play by any colour rules" mindset and I've no idea why.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.