Sali Hughes #35 She wore Vampire's Wife dresses when they were still Vampire's Girlfriend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She tried to scare and intimidate posters here in attempt to stop them and others posting. Her behaviour in the days prior to the video was, I would say, akin to stalking - tracking posters down on other forums, "quietly" liking their posts there. She was happy to intimidate and bully, when those people reported her behaviour here and on Estee Laundry she went into damage limitation mode.
When she tells the story of her, Lauren and Caitlin Moran tracking down posters she always leaves out the involvement of L and C for some reason 🤔
She also always gives a little chuckle about 'and can you believe it they called ME a bully for simply liking a public picture of theirs!!!'
Then the Estee Laundry thing and again a chuckle 'a completely discredited site that literally will publish anything. I spoke to them and they immediately took it down'.
But despite it all being so laughable she had to make a video. Yes the video was all about her family being attacked but the truth was the Estee Laundry thing outing her online stalking prompted it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Remember the crossover thread on mumsnet about sali’s Fearless brave grey hair? There was one Sali cheerleader pointing out “high maintenance shag” as the disgusting trolling and vile sick jokes about her sex life. Anyway, their profile seems to have gone nowhere and most of their comments are gone.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
When she tells the story of her, Lauren and Caitlin Moran tracking down posters she always leaves out the involvement of L and C for some reason 🤔
She also always gives a little chuckle about 'and can you believe it they called ME a bully for simply liking a public picture of theirs!!!'
Then the Estee Laundry thing and again a chuckle 'a completely discredited site that literally will publish anything. I spoke to them and they immediately took it down'.
But despite it all being so laughable she had to make a video. Yes the video was all about her family being attacked but the truth was the Estee Laundry thing outing her online stalking prompted it.
For someone who.has in the past said of other women "where are her girls?" where were hers that day?
Can you imagine getting a phone call from a friend asking you to follow someone on IG to tit them up because they'd asked you about you having Botox? Especially when you've *always* been so transparent about it.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
For someone who.has in the past said of other women "where are her girls?" where were hers that day?
Can you imagine getting a phone call from a friend asking you to follow someone on IG to tit them up because they'd asked you about you having Botox? Especially when you've *always* been so transparent about it.
I don't have a great deal of time for Caitlin Moran but I was surprised she let Sali drag her into the nonsense. She doesn't seem petty tbh. She must've known it was a completely ridiculous course of action to take.

• Heart
I'd agree with that. I think she's an idiot but she doesn't seem malicious.

I mean can you get more stupid than offering material inducements for someone to expedite a passport application?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
My guess is that they (S, L and C) were having a lark, seeing how many people posting here they could identify. SH has often said how good she is at tracking things down and would have liked to be a detective. But having a lark doesn't square with the narrative she's spun since.

I'd be interested to know why Estee Laundry took down their posts. The posts I saw seemed to be factually correct, just saying what had been reported to them. There may have been other EL posts I didn't see (I only came here after the video). At the time of taking them down, EL said something like 'We've had a conversation with SH' but issued no apology - as far as I saw - for having got anything wrong.

I was another one that found Tattle via the Freaky Friday video. I actually used to like Sali, read her column every week (looking back the comments section really made it though). I trusted her and thought she knew her stuff.

So when I heard that she’d been through what sounded like an awful experience I felt really bad for her, and then watched the video. When I read these threads I genuinely thought she must be talking about another site. Then I saw her confirm to someone on Twitter she meant here, I read what you guys had to say, and made up my own mind.

I don’t dislike her, I don’t think anyone here does. But wow she’s so full of it sometimes. I think what really gets to her about this place is that a lot of us were former fans. I think it stings for her that we know what she’s about and have come to our own conclusions, as opposed to being random trolls.

I know I don‘t post much on these threads but I really enjoy reading along, you guys are a good laugh, intelligent and a lot of fun.

tldr: Thanks for sending me to tattle Sali! That video seriously backfired for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
My guess is that they (S, L and C) were having a lark, seeing how many people posting here they could identify. SH has often said how good she is at tracking things down and would have liked to be a detective. But having a lark doesn't square with the narrative she's spun since.

I'd be interested to know why Estee Laundry took down their posts. The posts I saw seemed to be factually correct, just saying what had been reported to them. There may have been other EL posts I didn't see (I only came here after the video). At the time of taking them down, EL said something like 'We've had a conversation with SH' but issued no apology - as far as I saw - for having got anything wrong.
I would guess threats of legal action.
She's had mumsnet discussions taken down too and tried to curtail comment 9n an IK mumsnet thread.
I don't think it started as a lark. I think it was much more sinister and she wanted to intimidate people to stop them posting/commenting under her IG posts. It's a credit to you that your interpretation is so generous.
And then of course there was the suggestion a commenter here (who wasn't a prolific poster) tried to get free skincare from her. I've never understood the logic behind this. "Give me some Drunk Elephant otherwise I'll continue to comment occasionally on your thread. Other posters will carry but I'll stop unless you send me Sunday Riley stat. Up to you."

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I have felt like a total dummy, yes, about the Botox. I thought it was down to good skincare (and genes - fair enough). I really feel like a bit of a banana that I didn’t cop on.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I would guess threats of legal action.
She's had mumsnet discussions taken down too and tried to curtail comment 9n an IK mumsnet thread.
I don't think it started as a lark. I think it was much more sinister and she wanted to intimidate people to stop them posting/commenting under her IG posts. It's a credit to you that your interpretation is so generous.
And then of course there was the suggestion a commenter here (who wasn't a prolific poster) tried to get free skincare from her. I've never understood the logic behind this. "Give me some Drunk Elephant otherwise I'll continue to comment occasionally on your thread. Other posters will carry but I'll stop unless you send me Sunday Riley stat. Up to you."
Yes - I imagine there was a threat of legal action. But if what they'd posted was factually correct, why cave? I know very little about Estee Laundry but I'd have thought they'd stood up to bigger beasts than SH.

Reactions: 6
Defending a lawsuit is costly and time-consuming. Maybe they weren't confident in their sources, and just didn't want to duck with it

Although guaranteed Sali was all swagger. They should have called her bluff

That was a wierd one. As usual Sali presented it in a different way to the truth.
The poster was also on Sali Hughes Beauty forum and Sali put out a request for testers for a particular product.
The poster responded she would like to take part. So hardly asking for free skincare. She was doing Sali the favour.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I see she's pinned that list of affiliate links. Such journalism, so proud

• Haha
  • Wow
Oh, I know. It's just Sali's telling of it made absolutely zero sense. Not sure why she was going to show anything to the police. Proportional
20210620_192444.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Invented PM thread? What's she on about here? She watches too many police procedurals if she thinks she can strop in and plonk her "evidence" on a detective's desk

• Haha
I think Caitlin can be petty actually, combined with being a bit dim it’s less obvious.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Invented PM thread? What's she on about here? She watches too many police procedurals if she thinks she can strop in and plonk her "evidence" on a detective's desk
See this thread - there's a link in the post which explains what happened

Reactions: 2
I think Caitlin can be petty actually, combined with being a bit dim it’s less obvious.
Absolutely. And in combination with being extremely overconfident and thinking she's brilliant. It's a lethal combination

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.