Sali Hughes #33 Grifty shades of grey. It's a complex case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This just mists over makeup, maybe midmorning when the skincare grunt work is long since done and when you’re most likely to need a pick-me-up.

WTF? So what do you do in the afternoon? Bucket of water over the head?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
This just mists over makeup, maybe midmorning when the skincare grunt work is long since done and when you’re most likely to need a pick-me-up.

WTF? So what do you do in the afternoon? Bucket of water over the head?
I’m no Nora Ephron but that paragraph containing ‘skincare grunt work’ is doing nothing for me.

I do need a spray spf , I walk home after work and on a hot day I need a top up, mid morning I’m too busy to care but Sali wouldn’t know hard work if it bit her in the arse.

Reactions: 12
Not at all - I imagine cost varies wildly depending on where you are, but in my provincial middle-England location I pay £30 for a cut and blow dry, and then £80 for the colour with a cut, definitely more than Sali does ;). My hairdresser has worked so hard to establish her business over the years and I am really happy to support her, I wouldn't go anywhere else even if it was a freebie.
Thank you! 😘

Reactions: 1
I took a Liz Earle facial mist to hospital with me. Lol, what a twit.
This has fully tickled me. I took an audio book in. I actually remember thinking what a head i was for doing that as I was having my pubes hacked off on a moving trolley on way for an emergency c section 🤣 also threatened to punch partner for rubbing back incorrectly on second labour. A face spritz would have made me go total hulk smash

• Haha
Reactions: 15
There's no Vogue commission for "I changed my hair colour sensibly over the course of months" articles I guess.
I think I'd at least like to try going a white blonde (dark hair - well, originally) before I eventually, decided to go grey it seems such a hash step, especially for her who was dark and not that grey. I aways wanted to do that Paula Yates white peroxide colour I think I would go with that. Hers looks frazzled grey and really tit if I'm honest.

Reactions: 8
Talk about targeted ads, do you want white and dark with a bit of a brassy tinge?

In a carpet?
D77E6F2F-B13F-4B00-A81C-F9B1E5AD84FC.png
I

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If I hadn't embraced the henna I'd probably use a direct dye like Directions or Crazy Color and colour my silvery bits with that.

Reactions: 5
(Btw there are 5 shades lighter than Groenland, that's why her "I'm so super pale" shtick still baffles me)
I was matched as Groenland by a professional make up artist and I have olive skin and have never been described as any kind of pale.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Two cult beauty links in the column. How cosy. The Guardian gets their affiliate cut, CB gets the sales, Sali still gets to pretend she's a journalist 🥰

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
It’s going swimmingly on MN this evening. Even Paul Hollywood’s bollocks have got involved. You don’t get that here.

98F436F1-3D14-43F1-80D3-3EFC6FDC5669.jpeg
AF641D8F-3DD4-46C7-A5CE-0FA99176E3D3.jpeg

Even her uber fan says “she’s screwed up her hair and is styling it out...”. This could not have gone better.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
"The hard grind in journalism" has about killed me. Did Sali do a three-year newspaper cadetship, work midnight to dawn shifts, do death knocks, court report, sit in parliament? police rounds? learn shorthand? Yeah, thought not

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
"The hard grind in journalism" has about killed me. Did Sali do a three-year newspaper cadetship, work midnight to dawn shifts, do death knocks, court report, sit in parliament? police rounds? learn shorthand? Yeah, thought not
Perhaps not, but I doubt the props cupboard at Loaded was a teddy bear’s picnic, Mel.

(Sorry, teddy bears’ picnic.)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
So are the folks over at mumsnet correct? Does she have extensions?

• Haha
  • Wow
She'd gonna win a pultizer any day now just you wait.

So are the folks over at mumsnet correct? Does she have extensions?
Quite. That was a wild card. She used to and was quite open about it. But surely you have to remove the fake bits before decimating your natural hair? Although I did think her hair looked unusually fulsome at the academy just after being fried. 🤔

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.