Sali Hughes #33 Grifty shades of grey. It's a complex case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last year it was 7, then 11. Now it's 31
Those are very similar to my numbers. And not good. Hair loss and other symptoms are a risk until your ferritin is much higher. If you’re in the US with insurance (assumption) can you get an infusion?

Reactions: 3
I fancied three of the lipsticks @Badabing101 and have bought none 😇 Which ones did you go for?

I haven’t been restrained with my purchases though, part of why I’m not buying any LE is because I used Cult Beauty’s 20% off code to buy the obscenely expensive Frederic Malle perfume. It’s the cheapest I’ve ever seen it, but it’s also just over a week’s rent 🤯
That’s very restrained !!! Well done.
I went for Dance Card & Atomic Cherry lipsticks Muse Lipgloss.

Attachments

Reactions: 8
Those are very similar to my numbers. And not good. Hair loss and other symptoms are a risk until your ferritin is much higher. If you’re in the US with insurance (assumption) can you get an infusion?
My GP has told me my iron is improved, so not a concern :rolleyes: But I know you can have hair loss and other symptoms with ferritin in the 75-100 range. I am going to give these heme iron pills a go for a couple of months, then retest when I see a naturopath about my hormones. Medical doctors aren't much help in this area; my gyn is happy to write prescriptions at least, but she is reluctant to run blood tests, or look at my symptoms more broadly

Reactions: 2
One thing is certain, it will be the most unique menopause in the history of all menopauses 🦄

• Haha
Reactions: 26
OK, I’m wondering if I actually am a beef-faced low life... I spilt a glass of Coop prosecco into my pillow, thought ‘oh well duck it’ but now I have kind of absorbed it like blotting paper and am chilly. Am I proving Sali’s point about this place?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
So are the folks over at mumsnet correct? Does she have extensions?
I don't think so. 1) I don't think it looks like it - would have more volume, especially on top 2) I don't think the colourist would have wanted to do such an extensive bleach job working around extensions* 3) I think she would have said if extensions were part of the picture - as @Disillusioned says, she's been open about having extensions in the past and she always seems to credit those who tend to her hair/nails/eyebrows.

*Would she have had extensions put in after the colour? I can't imagine that after 7 or whatever hours on the colour she'd have elected to spend another few hours having extensions.

Reactions: 6
I thought she might have had them put in by Hersheshshons when she got the freebie wee fringe

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Was so tempted to get a LE lipstick but sat on my hands. I'm trying to use up stuff before buying anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sali will need to be interviewed by a beauty writer at least one rank higher
In her case that won't be difficult, there are plenty.
Two cult beauty links in the column. How cosy. The Guardian gets their affiliate cut, CB gets the sales, Sali still gets to pretend she's a journalist 🥰
It is so murky. Especially with CB.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I still haven't used the one I bought last time around, so lesson learnt there

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.