Sali Hughes #33 Grifty shades of grey. It's a complex case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cannot wait for Sali to prove she is right and we are all idiots. Where are the screenshots then, Sali?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Its kinda funny when colours get named after things that arenā€™t even that shade. Like vanilla is darkest brown and mint is standard English lawn colour, not pale bluey green šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
I always sort of assumed vanilla was named because of the colour of vanilla ice cream? I am a pleb though.

I always loved the old paintbox colours though, stuff like Blue Lake etc and some of those would get sniped at now. But they were very evocative. My late grandad gave me a load of little bottles of paints from the 60s when I was a teenager and I would just sit and read the names in wonder.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I donā€™t mind food or place names or numbers or first names for makeup. What really gets me angry are orgasm - sex on the beach - before or after sex something- naughty something types of names. Thatā€™s stuff I donā€™t buy on principle (once Iā€™ve used up my orgasm blush that is šŸ™ˆšŸ¤£).

The tooth nails have been replaced by something a bit better.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I always sort of assumed vanilla was named because of the colour of vanilla ice cream? I am a pleb though.

I always loved the old paintbox colours though, stuff like Blue Lake etc and some of those would get sniped at now. But they were very evocative. My late grandad gave me a load of little bottles of paints from the 60s when I was a teenager and I would just sit and read the names in wonder.
You're right about vanilla ice cream, that's the theory! I've no idea about mint though and how that evolved into a blue green.

Reactions: 4
Maybe not tomorrow but in the not too distant future for sure? Wasnā€™t the trend for classic french manicure soon followed by black tips, silver tips, glittery tips etc? Sheā€™s doing a run through of all the options now, paid for of course, and will write a column on the trend soon Iā€™m sure

Reactions: 1
@clondon I know youā€™re upset but itā€™s not actually for the Guardian to take action, I personally believe itā€™s a matter for Facebook as they host her GTL page.
I understand how annoyed you are but I guarantee contacting the Guardian will cause you more upset if they just ignore you or give you a bland response.

Reactions: 14
I wonder does that mean we won't get the French manicure column tomorrow?
REVERSE French manicure! OMG she played us!!!

also, Jack monroe got there first.

@clondon I know youā€™re upset but itā€™s not actually for the Guardian to take action, I personally believe itā€™s a matter for Facebook as they host her GTL page.
I understand how annoyed you are but I guarantee contacting the Guardian will cause you more upset if they just ignore you or give you a bland response.
yes, the Guardian donā€™t give a tit, just look at the tripe theyā€™ve been putting out in Saliā€™s column.

it might be worth highlighting to some autism organisations though? (Apols I donā€™t know any) If THEY were to take it up, it would go much further.

sali will just whine to her ā€˜editorā€™ about bullies tho.

ETA: ugh, so annoying how Tattle combines posts sometimes.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She irks the absolute holy hell out of me. The opening para of that Vogue article. Whatā€™s wrong with ā€œsleeping with young menā€ REGARDLESS of your age if both you and said ā€œyoung menā€ are consenting adults and how does one dress as a ā€œcollege studentā€, you know, that totally homogenous bunch that they are. Its yet again her same schtick of snottily judging other women in contrast to her ā€œIā€™m so edgy and interesting, meā€ ā€˜she hereā€™ self.
Eleven plus years of this tired old ā€˜other women are shite, Iā€™m so coolā€™. Also, going back to Vogue first para, how the hell does the face full of ā€˜weak diluteā€™ that has changed its shape and sent her eyebrows in desperate search of her hairline square with her ACCELERATING the aging process? Grrrr

Phew glad Iā€™ve got that off my chest. Sorry :mad:As you were!
Christ that set my teeth on edge. The "slummy mummy" brigade are just as bad as the boasting alphas they supposedly hate. It's just another Mean Girls excuse to have a go at other women. Did you notice the stealth status boasting too - "drain the university fund", kids having playdates with kids whose parents shoot pheasant? Ho ho look at those stupid mothers getting involved in things, I'm far too cool for that and it's wine o'clock!

• Sick
Reactions: 15
The Guardian isn't bothered with her frequent use of "mental", "loon" etc. on Twitter either. Whether she's describing people or perfume (I still don't get it). So...

• Sick
Reactions: 14
Well as Sali would say she seems to be having a ā€œnervoā€ at the moment

On another thread some members complained to the Graun about comments made that specific, identifiable children were ā€œferalā€ and the Graun was not at helpful, said it was a direct quote. Then when the article was revisited the ā€œquoteā€ had been removed from under a photo, the headline changed...they canā€™t be wrong, even when theyā€™re wrong!!!!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
As someone who's had a few of those, I wish mine manifested as writing crap on social media.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
There won't be any joy or response to be had from Kath Viner, sadly. She doesn't give a rats ass. As long as those affiliate links keep on rolling in that's the main thing

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
She claims it's her favourite base ever. Has she mentioned it that often before? I thought she was all about Suqqu
I love Suqqu , I have to make my skin dewy to the point of damp to work it in but the result is lovely.

Thereā€™s no better foundation for me than Parure Gold , itā€™s sublime.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.