Sali Hughes #33 Grifty shades of grey. It's a complex case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I
I love Suqqu , I have to make my skin dewy to the point of damp to work it in but the result is lovely.

There’s no better foundation for me than Parure Gold , it’s sublime.
Oohh...tell me more about it. Would it work on dry skin?
(Also, warming up skin via foundation...I thought this was a no-no?)

Reactions: 3
I'm wanting to contact Katherine Viner at The Guardian, if you have details please share. Find me on IG given we can't message here. Don't discriminate against disability Sali. It will lose you your job. You want an actual dispute not grey blonde or whatever colour a proper argument well pick on someone who is neurodiverse. Thanks for the block but worse you did it with the full knowledge that I am Autistic. This isn't Estée Laundry this isn't a website you don't like you discriminated based on disability. I won't be done until you have been fired from the Guardian.
I am going to disagree with the others and say I think you should contact the Guardian. Sali represents the Guardian, insofar as her public behaviour shouldn't be at odds with her employer's stance as bastions of liberalism or whatever the duck that paper is.
Also, welcome, @clondon. This is a great group of funny, intelligent people and you will enjoy it here.

Reactions: 12
I am going to disagree with the others and say I think you should contact the Guardian. Sali represents the Guardian, in sofaras her public behaviour shouldn't be at odds with her employer's stance as bastions of liberalism or whatever the duck that paper is.
Well that’s the problem with this sewer of ratty beef faces - we’re all entitled to our own opinion and to express it respectfully, we don’t actually all have to agree on anything (Sali take note!) and can respect our differences.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I am going to disagree with the others and say I think you should contact the Guardian. Sali represents the Guardian, insofar as her public behaviour shouldn't be at odds with her employer's stance as bastions of liberalism or whatever the duck that paper is.
Also, welcome, @clondon. This is a great group of funny, intelligent people and you will enjoy it here.
Just don't call me brassy, or there'll be trouble 😘

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm not saying not to contact her, just thought she's unlikely to respond. I contacted her before about something Guardian related (not Sali related) and didn't hear a peep back

Reactions: 7
Perhaps a written letter would be better. An email is too easy to have "slip through the cracks", ya know? Sali had the opportunity to respond if not with kindness, at least with understanding, but no, she doubled down. She's behaving despicably

Blocking someone for seeing a colour differently on a screen. What next? How fragile can she get before breaking?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
zelens youth glow foundation is great. Does not settle in wrinkles, does not make pores seem more obvious. You don’t need powder over it either - it’s really really nice.

Reactions: 3
This influencer gig is not for her. Now, medical receptionist ...

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I'm not saying not to contact her, just thought she's unlikely to respond. I contacted her before about something Guardian related (not Sali related) and didn't hear a peep back
The PA will read it, I doubt it would get to her. Same with a letter.
Also Sali will have read this conversation and got in first with a “freaky Friday part 3” I can just imagine it”I’m good people, Kath!”

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Also Sali will have read this conversation and got in first with a “freaky Friday part 3” I can just imagine it”I’m good people, Kath!”
I know the publications I worked for, a letter like this would at least get a response.

Reactions: 6
I think her ‘I’m a good person’ issue will have been bolstered by another award/recognition for Beauty Banks this week. She’s really doubling down on her superiority.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Anyone who has to run around saying "I am a good person" out loud ...

⚠🔔

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
She irks the absolute holy hell out of me. The opening para of that Vogue article. What’s wrong with “sleeping with young men” REGARDLESS of your age if both you and said “young men” are consenting adults and how does one dress as a “college student”, you know, that totally homogenous bunch that they are. Its yet again her same schtick of snottily judging other women in contrast to her “I’m so edgy and interesting, me” ‘she here’ self.
Eleven plus years of this tired old ‘other women are shite, I’m so cool’. Also, going back to Vogue first para, how the hell does the face full of ‘weak dilute’ that has changed its shape and sent her eyebrows in desperate search of her hairline square with her ACCELERATING the aging process? Grrrr

Phew glad I’ve got that off my chest. Sorry :mad:As you were!
I read that article when I still liked her and remember at the time being mortified with second hand embarrassment. So cringe. The utter self belief Sali has she is so unique and quirky and other. I think most of us think that when we are about 15. But grow out of it. Or at least don't commit those inane thoughts to paper.
There is a similar passage in Pretty Honest that made me squirm. Can't remember it exactly but the gist is about her extensive collection of beauty products. When men come round they look at the vast amounts of stuff 'then at the tiny person in front of them in a onesie with bacon grease smeared on her face and wonder how she uses it all'. 🤢 (Obviously pre vegetarian). How eccentric!

Btw Quizness on now. I genuinely cannot be arsed even for a laugh.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
When men come round they look at the vast amounts of stuff 'then at the tiny person in front of them in a onesie with bacon grease smeared on her face and wonder how she uses it all'. 🤢 (Obviously pre vegetarian). How eccentric!
She did not write that 🤣

• Haha
She did! I remember it too. It was something like "there comes a moment in the relationship where my partner looks at my room with enough product to fill a regional boots and looks in disbelief at the tiny middle aged woman in a onesie with bacon grease smeared on her face". Paraphrasing but that was the gist

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
A lot of the time, a good PA has the ear of far more people than you might think. 'Heads Of' go to meetings, but PAs are the people who get tit done.

• Heart
A lot of the time, a good PA has the ear of far more people than you might think. 'Heads Of' go to meetings, but PAs are the people who get tit done.
This is so true. Way more power and influence than people might think
*am not a PA

I

Oohh...tell me more about it. Would it work on dry skin?
(Also, warming up skin via foundation...I thought this was a no-no?)
I love Parure Gold, it’s the best foundation I’ve ever used, pricey but worth every penny.

I’m 53 ,my skin’s one would expect to see for its age, I moisturise it well and this foundation goes on like a dream and lasts all day. I love it!! I’d recommend it to everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Developing social skills = learning how to lie :unsure:

She literally said what she saw. duck that! And had to apologize for a completely neutral statement.
Exactly. A better response would’ve been ‘no need to apologise for being who you are, but I appreciate your apolog
Okay so might get blocked from GTL and following on IG. I am the Autistic woman who posted in her group. Most of us state exactly what we see and can't avoid being unfiltered. We literally learn to lie by interacting with neurotypicals who often bullshit. We lack that skill and therefore often say what we think and as an earlier poster mentioned we are often worth listening to as our thoughts are simply honest not rude (while to neurotypicals it comes across as exactly that - rude ) My thoughts after the interaction were there are millions of autistic women and men most of us are blunt, direct etc most of us love social media as it is easier than interacting face to face. Sali didn't know I was autistic but surely everyone not just influencers needs to learn to accept those that are different from themselves. I didn't even mean brassy blonde in a rude way. I actually think it looks nice but from the photo isn't grey. Sali - if you are reading - you can't always get nice comments believe me anyone who is autistic knows this, no environment works like that and if all you want is praise then get off social media - it is a tough environment to hang out in - also educate yourself on neurodiversity it is very common.
Her response to you was completely unnecessary, and her lack of acknowledgment when you disclosed that you are neuro diverse was very very telling. Welcome to the group, you can say whatever the duck you like here.

• Heart
  • Haha
I love Parure Gold, it’s the best foundation I’ve ever used, pricey but worth every penny.

I’m 53 ,my skin’s one would expect to see for its age, I moisturise it well and this foundation goes on like a dream and lasts all day. I love it!! I’d recommend it to everyone.
What sort of coverage is it? Looking at it now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.