Sali Hughes #33 Grifty shades of grey. It's a complex case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's a nice contrast with brown - Sali went too far too soon.
Yes she did. I just don't get it. Her skin tone hasn't caught up and won't for a while. I've got very dark brown hair with about the same amount of grey Sali had. I know I would look shocking going full grey now and it would look like a wig.
I don't think I realised how attractive she was with the dark hair compared to now.
It's not just the colour but the process has made her hair look wrecked.

Reactions: 10
Why is the Vogue article written like she is the authority on dyed grey hair? She’s had it for a few days.
I can’t say I’m a fan of it, but I’m not allergic to anything in hair dye and am free to do what I want with my greys. Maybe I’d feel different if I was and would want to go grey,too. I always thought the amount of natural grey she had suited her and wasn’t really noticeable, but then I suppose we see these sorts of things more strongly in ourselves than other people do.

I used to bleach my own hair and I swear it looked in better condition than that. And I’m definitely not some sort of senior hair educator type.

Reactions: 19
Wouldn’t it have been a better idea to have streaks of grey added to her dark hair , to make more of an impact and try to maintain some condition?

I can’t stop looking at her hair , it’s one thing leaving the salon/ training academy looking glossy-ish and tonged but it’s another when you’ve to maintain it yourself.

Something like this would have been lovely .
Wow whoever that is is stunning with that hair! Sali will never be able to pull it off. She’s lost all colour in her face and she’s fucked the condition - she knows it. So it’s only a matter of time before she’ll be craving shine, bounce and manageability. Big mistake Sal.

Reactions: 13
Why is the Vogue article written like she is the authority on dyed grey hair? She’s had it for a few days.
Yeah, it's bizarre that Vogue thinks a woman who went grey a week ago max is now THE authority on the getting of and maintenance of grey hair. There are quite a lot of older woman 'influencer's and actresses etc who've grown out and learned to maintain grey hair properly about, dealt with the fallout from people in their lives who do have issues with it (apparently some husbands do throw fits) and have been for years now (Monique Parent springs to mind on YouTube), but I guess it's the old who you know and the incestuous media in-group at work as ever.

I can’t say I’m a fan of it, but I’m not allergic to anything in hair dye and am free to do what I want with my greys. Maybe I’d feel different if I was and would want to go grey,too. I always thought the amount of natural grey she had suited her and wasn’t really noticeable, but then I suppose we see these sorts of things more strongly in ourselves than other people do.
I think it doesn't suit her at all, he colour drains life from her face and whoever did it did a piss-poor job. It looks patchy and the tone is all over the place. I honestly feel sorry for her trying to cope with hair that dull, frazzled and so very lifted when she's not used to even slightly bleached hair at all. My hair texture is such that bleaching would probably make it look far worse than Sali's, I can't imagine having to fight that daily in the knowledge I have to be on camera, or the constant salon visits its going to entail to keep it looking only as bad as it does now. I suspect she will get it altered within a month or two into something both more flattering and manageable.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think it doesn't suit her at all, he colour drains life from her face and whoever did it did a piss-poor job. It looks patchy and the tone is all over the place. I honestly feel sorry for her trying to cope with hair that dull, frazzled and so very lifted when she's not used to even slightly bleached hair at all. My hair texture is such that bleaching would probably make it look far worse than Sali's, I can't imagine having to fight that daily in the knowledge I have to be on camera, or the constant salon visits its going to entail to keep it looking only as bad as it does now. I suspect she will get it altered within a month or two into something both more flattering and manageable.
[/QUOTE]

This may be the best example of the phrase you get what you pay for!!! Or in Sali's case...didn't pay for

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don't know much about hair colouring. Do you only have to lift the length once, then just tone it over and over?

Reactions: 2
I agree that the hair change seems more extreme than necessary but I don't think it's so bad. If it were me - and time/money/freebies were no object - I'd get some grey/silver filler extensions to add volume (and to blend in the fringe). Give that a while to see how that looked, and maybe (still with the extensions) go back to that choppy bob that I thought suited her really well.

Reactions: 10
I don't know much about hair colouring. Do you only have to lift the length once, then just tone it over and over?
Pretty much. The bleach should only be done once on the length, the roots are bleached as they come through.
Bleached hair won’t really change colour much once it’s bleached, except to turn a bit “brassy”.
ETA I was actually surprised at the colour of her hair when they took the bleach off, it could have lifted much more. Perhaps they stop there to prevent damaging the hair, personally I’d risk the breakage just to avoid the nicotine stain look.

Reactions: 8
The really ‘of the moment’ shaggy cut looks so awful with a colour that belongs in a 90s hair mag. The slightly dated tonged styling the colourist initially did was at least in keeping with the colour. Her new cut (which I think is pretty bad with such a thin fringe) works with really healthy French girl hair not bleached and fried yellow grey. Sorry Sal but I don’t think you’ll be blazing a trail here.

Reactions: 12
French girl hair?!
Have you come across this phrase? It's been overused on websites like Into the Gloss for a while now. Implying that cool girl messy but healthy hair stereotype a la Jeanne Dumas, Charlotte Gainbourg or Jane Birkin. 2012 example: https://intothegloss.com/2012/10/french-girl-model-off-duty-hair/
More recently articles:

It's basically more of the same tit from those how to be french books we discussed in the last thread. The weird idolisation of a sterotype of a French woman.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Have you come across this phrase? It's been overused on websites like Into the Gloss for a while now. Implying that cool girl messy but healthy hair stereotype a la Jeanne Dumas, Charlotte Gainbourg or Jane Birkin. 2012 example: https://intothegloss.com/2012/10/french-girl-model-off-duty-hair/
More recently articles:

It's basically more of the same tit from those how to be french books we discussed in the last thread. The weird idolisation of a sterotype of a French woman.
Ah yes, supposedly French women are better lovers, rock a red lip and white shirt like no other, have better behaved children and so on. So of course they have their own hair type to distinguish themselves from the rest of us sad sacks of tit with our not French girl hair

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
It is ridiculously petulant for a beauty writer to insist that you can make a drastic change without needing to change makeup etc. Even without completely changing my hair colour I have had to update my makeup as sometimes I've found that some colours that might have suited me once don't anymore. It happens

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.