Sali Hughes #33 Grifty shades of grey. It's a complex case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I was adding to the Wiki a section on the Radio 4 programme, I realised that neither in the programme nor in any of the associated articles or interviews was there any reference (by herself or others) to her work as a social media influencer - despite it being absolutely central to the 'trolling' she was apparently seeking to understand.

Here, again, in the Vogue article - where apparently it was her job as an events host, not as an influencer, that she was warned might be at risk if she was looking older:

'I was warned privately that it would be a bad move. A big part of my job is hosting public and industry events for retailers and brands. After I mentioned online that I was considering grey, a few well-meaning beauty industry colleagues suggested I might now be seen as “older generation” and risk losing out on work.'
Such bollocks, grey as a hair colour trend has been around for a few years now, is still alive and kicking and is well known in the beauty industry 🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Of course she can wear what she likes but ( I’m a humble beef face and no expert like Sali) make up does need to change and black clothes with greyish/ yellowish hair can be unflattering , in my opinion

Reactions: 10
Of course she can wear what she likes but ( I’m a humble beef face and no expert like Sali) make up does need to change and black clothes with greyish/ yellowish hair can be unflattering , in my opinion
It depends on your undertones but it isn’t a great look on Sali, I agree. I’m not great with black next to my face either, it washes me right out.

Reactions: 12
My husband has a preference for brunettes, but I felt confident he (greying himself) wasn’t about to pack his bags, and anyway, he felt strongly that silver would suit me

I feel strongly I didn't need to know that.
It's all so ewwwww. You can say your husband was supportive (if you must) without squicking everybody out.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Sorry , I should explain she mentions in the article that she won’t change her makeup or clothes. Her choice but hair colour seems to be the first thing make up artists look at

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It's all so ewwwww. You can say your husband was supportive (if you must) without squicking everybody out.
Also, as if anyone’s husband actually would leave them for a bog standard change in hair colour 🙄. Your brunetteness might’ve helped to initially attract him but presumably it’s not his sole reason for sticking around? Such a pointless comment.

Reactions: 27
So bleeping boring. I couldn’t read to the end of it. I saw one of her top words (reductive) got an airing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I don't understand why she bristles at the suggestion that different colours might be more flattering for her new look when she herself says at the start of her article 'I consider white, silver and grey hair chic, cool and sophisticated, but find slowly greying, salt and pepper hair absorbs light from my already pale face'. Why would salt and pepper grey sap light from her appearance but all over grey wouldn't?

Reactions: 21
I don't understand why she bristles at the suggestion that different colours might be more flattering for her new look when she herself says at the start of her article 'I consider white, silver and grey hair chic, cool and sophisticated, but find slowly greying, salt and pepper hair absorbs light from my already pale face'. Why would salt and pepper grey sap light from her appearance but all over grey wouldn't?
duck knows 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Seeing the haircut ("wee fringe") again made me finally understand why I have Whitesnake's Here I Go Again in my head and why I have a sudden urge to roll myself sensually over a hood of a car.

So I will continue to wear the shades I like, keeping the same open mind and sense of experimentation as before as long as I'm being paid to do so. And I will end this shite article appropriately, i. e. with a pun: in the strong belief that the only thing a woman ever “should” do with her appearance, is whatever she damn well pleases – for me, there can be no grey area. 😒

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
How does she know she has no regrets? It’s been a matter of hours (well days). This speaks well to her trialling of all that goo she’s been recommending to us.

She really is full of tit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Seeing the haircut ("wee fringe") again made me finally understand why I have Whitesnake's Here I Go Again in my head and why I have a sudden urge to roll myself sensually over a hood of a car.
Sali’s so ‘not there yet’ she’s practically a foetus. She wouldn’t get this reference

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Here is the piece if anyone wants to read it

Thank you for saving me the trouble.

Trademark shirty tone 😴

As they multiplied slowly and steadily, mostly in the less visible undergrowth
Sounds like she's talking about her knicker area!

Lightening isn’t just a question of bleaching, as anyone who has glanced at their gross nicotine yellow, freshly-peroxided hair and become panic-stricken and/or bilious, can attest
Shade to CH?

Almost all bleached hair needs a toner to eliminate brassiness and achieve a flattering cool shade
Cool isn't flattering to all

Always tip toeing a tightrope between yellow and blue
That would be ... green?

There was a passive aggressive swipe at people who dared suggest she switch up her makeup. She made it clear she won't be wearing lilac (!) and will be sticking to the same clothes and colours baby poo and camel dung
Fixed for you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Her eyes really popped with her hair dark. They are lost now in the pigeon tit now 😔

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.