Sali Hughes #31 Here's 3 moisturisers, now piss off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OMGGGG my first thread title 😂😂😂😂 THRILLED

I’d like to thank [insert oscars style speech here] and most importantly @Disillusioned for spotting its potential, @The Dowager for setting it up, and all the lovely Tattlers on this thread for their wit, warmth, wisdom and ability to sniff out a wrong ‘un.

I tried to think of a message for Sal but couldn’t 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Interview with SH, which I'm unable to read in full as not a subscriber. Not sure if this in addition to a piece on her 20 years of wisdom or this is the wisdom and she hasn't written for somewhere other than the Guardian after all.

This 'I'm very interested in the culture of beauty' line is really a way to intellectualise and justify buying, shilling and being given lots and lots of products.

And trolled? Seriously 😂 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Interest in the culture of beauty...
Sounds like a bullshit line off a thin cv to me.
Also once again with the trolling as a "here's an interesting thing about me..." If she thinks that the discussion on here is trolling she probably thinks Gogglebox is some sort of bloodsport.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Interest in the culture of beauty...
Sounds like a bullshit line off a thin cv to me.
Also once again with the trolling as a "here's an interesting thing about me..." If she thinks that the discussion on here is trolling she probably thinks Gogglebox is some sort of bloodsport.
Oh my word now I am imagining Lee and Jenny reading her guardian articles out loud. Jenny with a face of bemusement, reaching for a dictionary, Lee asking her if she likes being cosseted by her face cream and bursting into a fit of giggles.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This 'I'm very interested in the culture of beauty' line is really a way to intellectualise and justify buying, shilling and being given lots and lots of products.

And trolled? Seriously 😂 😂😂
if she’s interested in the customs and history behind beauty practices, why doesn’t she write about them, or include snippets of information in her articles? Lisa Eldridge was so interested she wrote a whole book about the subject!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
if she’s interested in the customs and history behind beauty practices, why doesn’t she write about them, or include snippets of information in her articles? Lisa Eldridge was so interested she wrote a whole book about the subject!
I'll never forget her comment about LE- "we're totally different, Lisa is a makeup artist and I'm a writer". No idea why she thinks that Lisa writing a book doesn't make her a writer. It was also a fantastic book!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Yes she never writes about beauty customs, only beauty products. And usually from her very white British perspective, which is a tiny part of beauty culture. In fact it is just a look at Sali's own beauty history and interests - 'blah blah loved Elizabeth Taylor from a young age, blah blah a bold red lip etc etc'. With the occasional reference to a Nanna smell for the history aspect.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Can you imagine the car crash it'd be with Sali
Hiya!
I'm Sali Hughes, you might remember me from a documentary about my troll hell (...). During the Georgian era both men and women used makeup. In contrast to my trolls who are only women. (...) The Georgians would put little pieces of felt on their faces that would either symbolize their political or other preferences or to disguise syphilis marks. Speaking of syphilis, did you know that my trolls discuss my sex life? (...)

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Sounds great. Wouldn’t it be cool to get Lucy Worsley and LE together to do a social history of makeup series.

• Heart
Hiya!
I'm Sali Hughes, you might remember me from a documentary about my troll hell (...). During the Georgian era both men and women used makeup. In contrast to my trolls who are only women. (...) The Georgians would put little pieces of felt on their faces that would either symbolize their political or other preferences or to disguise syphilis marks. Speaking of syphilis, did you know that my trolls discuss my sex life? (...)
😂 😂😂
⚰
Even seeing the perky 'Hiya!' sets my teeth on edge.

• Haha
  • Heart
OMGGGG my first thread title 😂😂😂😂 THRILLED

I’d like to thank [insert oscars style speech here] and most importantly @Disillusioned for spotting its potential, @The Dowager for setting it up, and all the lovely Tattlers on this thread for their wit, warmth, wisdom and ability to sniff out a wrong ‘un.

I tried to think of a message for Sal but couldn’t 🤷‍♀️
It is an excellent thread title!

Reactions: 2
Georgian mouseskin eyebrows doubtless more subtle than the microblading SH is currently sporting.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.