Sali Hughes #30 About as relevant as Microsoft Encarta

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have also been wondering about whether it’s ok to use a NuFace over fillers (as I will need some for my awful slack jaw before I can re-enter society).
Ever so slightly dreading re-entry for the same reasons. I am definitely an entire year older and it shows in the hollows of my eyes, in my jowl and in my general blah face. Can't decide which bit I'd like to pay for a tweak because I deffo can't afford to do everything.

Reactions: 6
@Aude

You have fillers, don’t you? I’m thinking of getting some tear trough ones (to stop me looking so haggard!) and was wondering if the NuFace impacts their longevity in any way.

Do you have any advice or experience that I may be able to draw upon, please?
I do have filler but have never had it in the under-eye area. I've read that it can be tricky to do well in that area given how fine the skin is there. I'd always go to a doctor, and one with a lot of experience, for any injectable but particularly for tear trough filler.

The advice I've read about using microcurrent with filler (and/or botox) is to wait after treatment before resuming use of a microcurrent device. The amount of waiting time advised seems to vary between a couple of days and 2 weeks. I probably wait around 10 days.

I've never read anything to suggest that Nuface reduces the longevity of filler or botox. Indeed, googling just now suggests that it can extent the longevity of filler. From my personal experience, I've no reason to think that using a Nuface - which I do pretty well every day - has any effect on the longevity of filler or botox. (Would you, anyway, be using Nuface in the under-eye area? I suppose perhaps if you have the Trinity and were using the ELE attachment.)

Ever so slightly dreading re-entry for the same reasons. I am definitely an entire year older and it shows in the hollows of my eyes, in my jowl and in my general blah face. Can't decide which bit I'd like to pay for a tweak because I deffo can't afford to do everything.
This may not be your case at all, but I think for a lot of people the single most impact-for-money thing they could do - as regards injectables - is to have the frown lines (the 'elevens') botoxed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
@GTL Old-Timer was it Plenish by any chance? I bought one of their kits last year, can’t remember how many days I purchased but I gave up after 2. It was the foulest experience. Had to get my husband to get rid of the rest as just looking at them was making me boak.

I do have filler but have never had it in the under-eye area. I've read that it can be tricky to do well in that area given how fine the skin is there. I'd always go to a doctor, and one with a lot of experience, for any injectable but particularly for tear trough filler.

The advice I've read about using microcurrent with filler (and/or botox) is to wait after treatment before resuming use of a microcurrent device. The amount of waiting time advised seems to vary between a couple of days and 2 weeks. I probably wait around 10 days.

I've never read anything to suggest that Nuface reduces the longevity of filler or botox. Indeed, googling just now suggests that it can extent the longevity of filler. From my personal experience, I've no reason to think that using a Nuface - which I do pretty well every day - has any effect on the longevity of filler or botox. (Would you, anyway, be using Nuface in the under-eye area? I suppose perhaps if you have the Trinity and were using the ELE attachment.)

This may not be your case at all, but I think for a lot of people the single most impact-for-money thing they could do - as regards injectables - is to have the frown lines (the 'elevens') botoxed.
Oh yes I definitely have those. Thanks for the tip Aude. Although when I look at my face I suppose I'm not frowning so it doesn't occur to me and what I see most is the eyes and marionette lines.

Oh yes I definitely have those. Thanks for the tip Aude. Although when I look at my face I suppose I'm not frowning so it doesn't occur to me and what I see most is the eyes and marionette lines.
I thought this was an interesting IG post from Alice Hart-Davis - showing the huge difference her expression and lighting made.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Apparently the Morpheus8 can be used on the body as well!

ETA - on a different matter ENTIRELY

ETA: on the subject of re-rendering society, has anyone ever tried a juice cleanse? I did one at the start of the year for five days and felt fantastic and invincible afterwards. So I thought I’d try it again.

Yesterday was day 2 and I did not feel good. Especially after having the chocolate cashew milk at 7pm. I threw up in the evening and here’s the kicker - when I vomit violently, I vomit not just through the mouth but also through my nose. Yes, really. I cannot begin to tell you how infinitely alarming it is to have chocolate milk oozing through your nose, when you’re puking up your guts, not least because it looks like something else... 💩 Even the dog was freaked out. However, this morning, my wife can’t stop giggling about it. I wish I could! I’m still suffering from a gyppy tummy. 😭
I’ve done two - first one was 7 days and I juiced everything at home (a right pain in the arse) and actually felt pretty good by the end.
The second time I ordered the juices and didn’t enjoy it - loads were just too sweet. Both times the second day was the worst - felt sick, massive headaches etc. Given you were sick would take it easy/eat some bland food (oatcakes/rice cakes maybe?) and see how you feel before continuing!
It is a quick way to lose weight but obv that all goes back on eventually if you don’t stick to eating healthily, so on balance would prob recommend against unless you use it as a way to stop eating dairy/refined sugars/carbs etc for a week as the start of an overall eating overhaul. But tbh you can achieve the same results (without being sick!) over a bit longer by eating whole foods...
I wouldn’t do it again tbh!

Reactions: 1
@GTL Old-Timer was it Plenish by any chance? I bought one of their kits last year, can’t remember how many days I purchased but I gave up after 2. It was the foulest experience. Had to get my husband to get rid of the rest as just looking at them was making me boak.
No, it was Radiance. Their customer service is wonderful, and their juices taste great. I had such a great experience the first time.

@MrsBubz I didn’t do it for weight-loss, but just general well-being, etc. I wonder what went wrong. I’ve just been eating toast and will have a baked potato shortly.

@Aude I am going to see Wassim Taktouk (he’s a mate and I trust him not to make me look like a Barbie doll but a more refreshed version of myself) and I do have the ELE attachment for the NuFace. Thanks for your advice on both!! 😘

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
No, it was Radiance. Their customer service is wonderful, and their juices taste great. I had such a great experience the first time.
tempted to try again. I think there was literally just one of the Plenish ones that tasted ok-ish

So Sali’s box is something you have to sign up for? Meaning they only produce that set amount, plus the freebies sent to other shillers influencers, which means that is why they can claim it sells out. Just another cynical marketing ploy.

I used to like Cult Beauty but will go out of my way to avoid purchasing from them now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
tempted to try again. I think there was literally just one of the Plenish ones that tasted ok-ish

So Sali’s box is something you have to sign up for? Meaning they only produce that set amount, plus the freebies sent to other shillers influencers, which means that is why they can claim it sells out. Just another cynical marketing ploy.

I used to like Cult Beauty but will go out of my way to avoid purchasing from them now.
I loathe brands that rely on influencers so heavily - Beauty Pie is another one. They lure you in with the promise of wonderful products that are always out of stock or in short supply because they’ve given away so many freebies to their IG crew. Meanwhile you’re stuck paying the subs until they come back into stock.

And I hate Cult Beauty. They sent me a wrong item in November and despite having returned it in perfect condition, with proof of postage, are denying all knowledge. I’ve had to open a PayPal claim to get a refund!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I loathe brands that rely on influencers so heavily - Beauty Pie is another one. They lure you in with the promise of wonderful products that are always out of stock or in short supply because they’ve given away so many freebies to their IG crew. Meanwhile you’re stuck paying the subs until they come back into stock.

And I hate Cult Beauty. They sent me a wrong item in November and despite having returned it in perfect condition, with proof of postage, are denying all knowledge. I’ve had to open a PayPal claim to get a refund!
I unsubscribed from Cult Beauty when they did their first box with Sali.

I will never buy from them again.

Reactions: 11

@MrsBubz I didn’t do it for weight-loss, but just general well-being, etc. I wonder what went wrong. I’ve just been eating toast and will have a baked potato shortly.

@Aude I am going to see Wassim Taktouk (he’s a mate and I trust him not to make me look like a Barbie doll but a more refreshed version of myself) and I do have the ELE attachment for the NuFace. Thanks for your advice on both!! 😘
How weird - especially given you got it from the same place. Maybe there was something wrong with one of the juices? Baked potato sounds like it’ll do the trick though!

I also hate Cult Beauty. Their customer service is appalling.

I am becoming genuinely livid whenever I see influencers giving boxes and boxes of free tit to their "friends". So to encourage us, the plebs, to shell out for a "beauty box", they give away shitloads of them to their mates, all of whom can get all of this for free anyway because they're a bleeping influencer too? You literally could not make it up.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Was it Cher Webb who ‘designed’ (I use the term loosely) one of the bags for Superdrug? Anyway, she had the CB box as a freebie and did an unboxing on her Instagram yesterday - not even labelled as #gifted or #ad, nothing, but a swipe up to go on the waiting list 😡 I’ve reported it to the ASA, it’s not on.

Small consolation, but she didn’t really do the box much justice. She seemed very blasé about it as she picked up each product. She showed it in amongst a few other things she’d been sent. I think these influencers get sent so much free stuff these days what’s one more beauty box 🤷🏼‍♀️

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I am becoming genuinely livid whenever I see influencers giving boxes and boxes of free tit to their "friends". So to encourage us, the plebs, to shell out for a "beauty box", they give away shitloads of them to their mates, all of whom can get all of this for free anyway because they're a bleeping influencer too? You literally could not make it up.
Reminded me of this, from an article I read recently:

'It is objectively hilarious, as a society, to have invented a whole class of people whose job is to film themselves pretending to be excited as they open boxes of free stuff. Even funnier, there’s a whole other class of people who choose to watch the first class of people opening their boxes of free stuff and pretending to look delighted, and then (this really is the good bit) will go and buy what they saw someone else get for nothing and pretend to be delighted with.'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Was it Cher Webb who ‘designed’ (I use the term loosely) one of the bags for Superdrug? Anyway, she had the CB box as a freebie and did an unboxing on her Instagram yesterday - not even labelled as #gifted or #ad, nothing, but a swipe up to go on the waiting list 😡 I’ve reported it to the ASA, it’s not on.

Small consolation, but she didn’t really do the box much justice. She seemed very blasé about it as she picked up each product. She showed it in amongst a few other things she’d been sent. I think these influencers get sent so much free stuff these days what’s one more beauty box 🤷🏼‍♀️
Cher Webb seems lovely but all her make up always looks exactly the same to me 🤷‍♀️ I think she must use an industrial strength ring light.

So many of the MUA influencers don't hashtag gifted items or ads... or they do it in the teensiest tiniest writing over the comments box where you can't see it.

'It is objectively hilarious, as a society, to have invented a whole class of people whose job is to film themselves pretending to be excited as they open boxes of free stuff. Even funnier, there’s a whole other class of people who choose to watch the first class of people opening their boxes of free stuff and pretending to look delighted, and then (this really is the good bit) will go and buy what they saw someone else get for nothing and pretend to be delighted with.'
God it's depressing really isn't it.

Reactions: 10

Speaking of - @melfish am still awaiting your unboxing of that red light mask. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.