Sali Hughes #30 About as relevant as Microsoft Encarta

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if this baked potato thing is all to show how effortlessly thin she is, no exercise (apart from the peleton), carb, crisps and cheese heavy diet yet still so teeny weeny 🙄.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
The reason she goes on about her girls all the time, and what a great friend she is, is because she is the opposite of a woman's woman. Bragging about all the calorie-laden food she eats is just another way she elevates herself above - and takes a subtle swipe at - other women. Same with mentioning what size she wears at every available opportunity.

"Look at me, I eat all the things, and hate all the exercises, and I am a still a tiny thumbelina"

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
The reason she goes on about her girls all the time, and what a great friend she is, is because she is the opposite of a woman's woman. Bragging about all the calorie-laden food she eats is just another way she elevates herself above - and takes a subtle swipe at - other women. Same with mentioning what size she wears at every available opportunity.

"Look at me, I eat all the things, and hate all the exercises, and I am a still a tiny thumbelina"
She may be a tiny thumbelina, but I would wager that she’s unhealthy as duck!

I find bragging about not exercising extremely strange. And so outdated. The mental health benefits alone speak for themselves. And as a 50 year old (eek!) with a 40 year old wife and three one year olds, I want to be around as long as (and as healthy as) possible for them - that means taking care of myself now.

ETA - is anyone else having difficulty with their Tattle notifications? In that they’re not getting any? I missed pages of book recommendations and discussion every time I checked in because there weren’t any notifications!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
ETA - is anyone else having difficulty with their Tattle notifications? In that they’re not getting any? I missed pages of book recommendations and discussion every time I checked in because there weren’t any notifications!
Yes, for the past few weeks they seem to have been working rather erratically. Sometimes not at all, sometimes an occasional notification, sometimes working normally.

Reactions: 5
She may be a tiny thumbelina, but I would wager that she’s unhealthy as duck!

I find bragging about not exercising extremely strange. And so outdated. The mental health benefits alone speak for themselves. And as a 50 year old (eek!) with a 40 year old wife and three one year olds, I want to be around as long as (and as healthy as) possible for them - that means taking care of myself now.

The bragging about not exercising is more cool girl stuff. And this from the same woman who complained about celebrities doing similar instead of being open and honest about how much work they put into staying fit. I've no doubt she works hard on staying in shape and that she's not eating cheese the whole time

• Heart
Reactions: 29
The bragging about not exercising is more cool girl stuff. And this from the same woman who complained about celebrities doing similar instead of being open and honest about how much work they put into staying fit. I've no doubt she works hard on staying in shape and that she's not eating cheese the whole time
It's antifeminist along with the nonchalant casual 'weak dilutes' obscuring the honest effort and money that goes into maintaining the image of professionalism. Beauty privilege is undeniable, the sooner beauty editors admit the full RRP of their face, the better the relationship that their readers will have with theirs.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
It's antifeminist along with the nonchalant casual 'weak dilutes' obscuring the honest effort and money that goes into maintaining the image of professionalism. Beauty privilege is undeniable, the sooner beauty editors admit the full RRP of their face, the better the relationship that their readers will have with theirs.
Nailed it 👏

Reactions: 7
@Aude

You have fillers, don’t you? I’m thinking of getting some tear trough ones (to stop me looking so haggard!) and was wondering if the NuFace impacts their longevity in any way.

Do you have any advice or experience that I may be able to draw upon, please?

Reactions: 2
I have also been wondering about whether it’s ok to use a NuFace over fillers (as I will need some for my awful slack jaw before I can re-enter society).

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I have also been wondering about whether it’s ok to use a NuFace over fillers (as I will need some for my awful slack jaw before I can re-enter society).
I want to try the Morpheus8, especially after Judy Murray’s fantastic results!

Reactions: 1
I wonder if they can put me in an induced coma for 4 weeks and just do that all over my face and body 😀🔫.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I wonder if they can put me in an induced coma for 4 weeks and just do that all over my face and body 😀🔫.
Apparently the Morpheus8 can be used on the body as well!

ETA - on a different matter ENTIRELY

ETA: on the subject of re-rendering society, has anyone ever tried a juice cleanse? I did one at the start of the year for five days and felt fantastic and invincible afterwards. So I thought I’d try it again.

Yesterday was day 2 and I did not feel good. Especially after having the chocolate cashew milk at 7pm. I threw up in the evening and here’s the kicker - when I vomit violently, I vomit not just through the mouth but also through my nose. Yes, really. I cannot begin to tell you how infinitely alarming it is to have chocolate milk oozing through your nose, when you’re puking up your guts, not least because it looks like something else... 💩 Even the dog was freaked out. However, this morning, my wife can’t stop giggling about it. I wish I could! I’m still suffering from a gyppy tummy. 😭

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Oh no, you poor thing! I haven’t tried that, and I probably won’t now 😀. I hope you feel better soon.

I have done a modified version before @GTL Old-Timer , I always have a regular evening meal as well (so really its not a 'cleanse' I suppose?). That sounds...traumatic! Hope you feel better over the w/e.

Gosh that sounds awful @GTL Old-Timer I hope you feel better soon. I’ve never tried anything like that, I don’t think I could go without ‘proper food’ for that long.

Reactions: 2
I called in sick this morning and am in bed with my kids watching Disney+ So not all bad!

I foresee bland foods like baked potatoes for the rest of the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.