Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Aude

VIP Member
I am becoming genuinely livid whenever I see influencers giving boxes and boxes of free shit to their "friends". So to encourage us, the plebs, to shell out for a "beauty box", they give away shitloads of them to their mates, all of whom can get all of this for free anyway because they're a fucking influencer too? You literally could not make it up.
Reminded me of this, from an article I read recently:

'It is objectively hilarious, as a society, to have invented a whole class of people whose job is to film themselves pretending to be excited as they open boxes of free stuff. Even funnier, there’s a whole other class of people who choose to watch the first class of people opening their boxes of free stuff and pretending to look delighted, and then (this really is the good bit) will go and buy what they saw someone else get for nothing and pretend to be delighted with.'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
The bragging about not exercising is more cool girl stuff. And this from the same woman who complained about celebrities doing similar instead of being open and honest about how much work they put into staying fit. I've no doubt she works hard on staying in shape and that she's not eating cheese the whole time
It's antifeminist along with the nonchalant casual 'weak dilutes' obscuring the honest effort and money that goes into maintaining the image of professionalism. Beauty privilege is undeniable, the sooner beauty editors admit the full RRP of their face, the better the relationship that their readers will have with theirs.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
I think any personality here with consistently long running threads are discussed because they’re considered to be unscrupulous, shady and not very nice people who are happy to exploit those who’ll make them money.

Honest, well meaning and non grifting celebs and social media folk don’t have threads with any mileage..
I don’t believe that’s entirely true. The Harry and Meghan threads are VICIOUS.

I know the party line here is that racism is removed when spotted on Tattle, but racism isn’t just calling someone the n-word or the p-word or the ch-word, etc. It’s more nuanced than that. There are so many comments with obvious racist undertones (which I am hyper vigilant about in part because half of my family and my children are black and biracial) and people seem to think that if they’re not using slurs then they’re not being racist. That’s complete and utter shit.

I feel physically sick when I look at those threads and I see the hate directed at her.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

melfish

VIP Member
Let's not start pretending we're some kind of ethics overnight committee. It's a gossip site, and I for one am here for the piss-taking

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Omg just listened to the beginning of the perfume thing and she actually said the first lockdown was cozy and comforting - 'everyone' was feeling cozy in their trackie bottoms. It was nice to stay at home and not to have to go to work.
Unbelievable.
Would you not think having HER charity might give her an insight into the increased hardship and fear for a large majority of the population? Who maybe had more to worry about than which fucking perfume out of their 100s to wear that day? People were dying, losing their jobs and businesses, not seeing elderly relatives for months, having serious mental health problems yet Sali looks back on that period of time as cosy.
The lack of any sort of empathy is astounding.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Sali’s such a dick. If you’re voting for a party that is overtly racist, anti-Semitic, homophobic, etc., you deserve to be called out on it.

I’m a lesbian, I’m Jewish, I’m married to a black woman and have three bi-racial kids. You don’t get to lecture me on respecting other people’s opinions. This isn’t a case of arguing over pizza toppings or what kind of tea we should drink. If you’re going to vote in a way that negatively impacts my life, you bet I’m going to call you out on it. That’s not childishness. That’s just common sense.

Sali, once again, is just an apologist for racism, classism, homophobia, and various other forms of oppression. Which is why I loathe her.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
She may be a tiny thumbelina, but I would wager that she’s unhealthy as fuck!

I find bragging about not exercising extremely strange. And so outdated. The mental health benefits alone speak for themselves. And as a 50 year old (eek!) with a 40 year old wife and three one year olds, I want to be around as long as (and as healthy as) possible for them - that means taking care of myself now.

ETA - is anyone else having difficulty with their Tattle notifications? In that they’re not getting any? I missed pages of book recommendations and discussion every time I checked in because there weren’t any notifications!
The bragging about not exercising is more cool girl stuff. And this from the same woman who complained about celebrities doing similar instead of being open and honest about how much work they put into staying fit. I've no doubt she works hard on staying in shape and that she's not eating cheese the whole time

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
'They can continue to loathe everything I do and say'

And 'loathe' is a strong word - I would say 'laugh at'? But that isn't quite as interesting is it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

The Dowager

Chatty Member
0A470C87-4357-45A2-A159-79D97CBE87B0.jpeg

On my next payday, I’m going to make a similar announcement on IG, with screenshots of emails from colleagues. Maybe snippets of my appraisal? Quotes from my manager? From the board? I’ll need to have a think of what I can use to make me sound as ridiculous as possible.

• Haha
  • Wow

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
I presume she sees this as a personal attack on her husband. She gets quite indignant and points out he voted Tory *once* alright?
Lying cow. She wrote a whole Pool article on how he is a Tory like his parents but treats her great and is a good person. (Could she be more selfish?!)

And there may be Labour scumbags and utter shithouses (I can think of quite a few!), but at least they’re not voting en masse to deny vulnerable children food during school holidays, or enriching themselves at the expense of the masses.

Get a fucking clue, you disingenuous piece of shit.

• Heart
  • Angry

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Is there anything more awkward than the start of a Sali Live? Jesus. Why doesn’t she at least say hello to her viewers? I want to see the good bits but couldn’t get further than Patti talking about her housekeeper. How have you more resilient skidders done it?
ETA: actually alcohol would help.
The start was indeed uncomfortable but not surprisingly as Sali has never looked at home in front of any camera. When I knew of her only from her Guardian column I used to wonder why she was her own model, always positioned with her head self-consciously just-so. (She could've used the same photo every week, varying it by colouring in a different lip, or sketching in extra tendrils).

How did I get through the Insta with Pati? With my phone propped up while prepping a lot of veg, I would've been very annoyed to have lost that time completely.

I have never heard of Pati and - while I am sure she is an accomplished and in-demand MUA - after having watched her for 40+ minutes, I can declare that I will never feel the need to listen to her recommendations or sale pitches again, whether via Sali Hughes or not.

This video has cemented my feeling that the saturated beauty industry is causing those who make their living from it to become increasing disingenuous, creepy, shady, desperate and unbearable. Sadly lots of viewers think these shillers are their good friends sharing their secrets.

In all truth neither Pati nor Sali would look that much better or worse had they shown up and used any random old toot they happened to have in a nearby drawer or handbag. Just as, had they taken reasonable care of their skin in the last couple of decades, would their skin appear any less 'good' than it is here.

Who needs Pati telling you to put a bit of matte eyeshadow on to create a crease? Was the sales clincher Sali saying was wearing it too? The Chanel lipbalm was used so they could say the ad featured "other brands". Sali joining in using the lip crayon was pure QVC - thank heaven the crayon gives you "more control" otherwise she might've launched into a frenzied graffiti of face, lens and walls.

While I understand that we all have a few specific products to deal with particular concerns, seeing this makes me want to strip back my routine even more.

And, when I am required on the red carpet in LA , I will seek out a less abrasive MUA.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

melfish

VIP Member
The reason she goes on about her girls all the time, and what a great friend she is, is because she is the opposite of a woman's woman. Bragging about all the calorie-laden food she eats is just another way she elevates herself above - and takes a subtle swipe at - other women. Same with mentioning what size she wears at every available opportunity.

"Look at me, I eat all the things, and hate all the exercises, and I am a still a tiny thumbelina"

• Sick
  • Haha

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
I'd say there are people here who have stated they loathe her her or think she's loathsome. I might not feel as strongly but that's their perogative.

I'm irritated by her lies and who she represents. I might not share everyone's views about her and everything she does and says. Quite frankly she bores me. But I quite like the people here and that's why I've stayed.
I do find her loathsome. The way she speaks to people on Twitter. Her lack of empathy and compassion. Her hypocrisy. Her racism. She’s an awful person. That’s why I no longer follow her.

I continue to come here for the chat. You make me laugh and I enjoy your company. x

• Heart

cholulamare

Chatty Member
It's so funny to me how bad she still is at using instagram after all this time, particularly stories. In this one she's positioned the text boxes at the very top and bottom so they're obscured by the paid partnership info and swipe up link and made them partially unreadable; filmed the content in an aspect ratio that doesn't fit the screen properly; forgotten to put the actual hashtag on her hashtag, rendering it unclickable; and tried and failed to tag the cultbeauty account properly, making that unclickable too.

54941.jpg

None of this I would pick up on if it was a personal account, but not only is this literally her job but she is a self-described "expert content creator" (lol). I'm sure it would have been in her agreement with cult beauty to tag her content with the hashtag and CB account, I wonder whether they have a word about this sort of thing.

As for the 12 women that keep opening new accounts to follow her - this falls apart unless you don't even have have a crumb of social media knowledge. She has a public twitter account so a) you don't need to even have an account to read her tweets and b) if you were blocked, you could open another account (and unless these 12 women are using their real names/the same name with every new account, why would she be blocking them?) If she's implying the 12 people are opening new accounts to actually troll/abuse her, where is the evidence? You can't delete other people's tweets, so where are the 12 women to be found in her replies?

I think she forgets that she's not the cleverest person or the savviest social media user and that people can see immediately that none of this adds up. It's so cringey and just looks like attention-seeking. I bet the people whose conversations she inserts herself into are wondering what she's on about 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 26

melfish

VIP Member
Did she just describe the beginning of the pandemic as "comforting" and "a bit of a change"?!
I'm sure people who couldn't work from home, you know the kind, those who can't afford the perfumes she's attempting to describe, were so happy for a bit of a change and all the comfort they were experiencing. Mmmm so cozy!
Properly cosseting to be on a ventilator

• Haha
  • Sad

Aude

VIP Member
We're a mixed group here, with differing views on a lot of things including SH. There's never a feeling that there's a single 'right' opinion that we're all supposed to subscribe to. That's one of the things I really appreciate and enjoy.

• Heart