Sali Hughes #3 Weak dilutes & boiled piss, if only! I invented the aubergine penis emoji.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm expecting a "Get bent" or "your mum" anytime soon.

They all think that Sali is so hard working because she hasn't got a quarter of a million broadsheet gig (CM's reported salary and that was some years ago) and hasn't sold her Primrose Hill house for 13 mil (like IK). She has to roll her sleeves up and get down and dirty titting about on IG to earn a crust.

Was anyone threatening to go to the Telegraph? Cos SH's got that one down up. Fancy thinking this makes you look good? I'm above scrutiny because cronyism not because I'm approve reproach.
How the hell can CM claim her setting up a beauty bank makes ber somehow the best person on the planet? I didn't mind her before but this has really made me see her very differently

The abusive language that Sali and her supporters have used both in comments on Instagram and on Twitter (from the many screenshots I’ve seen posted here) is a million times worse than anything I’ve seen in this thread. No one here has mentioned Sali’s family negatively, no one here has attacked Sali Hughes the wife/mother/sister/daughter/friend. We’ve discussed at length our opinions about her lack of transparency as a beauty journalist, our opinions about her lack of professional honesty when recommending products. If that’s the level of trolling that warrants those many frankly vile comments made by Sali and her supporters this evening then we’re all damned. They talk about us being keyboard warriors - I doubt even one of them paused for a moment to find the source of Sali’s upset and decide for themselves whether we were “shitmouth turds” before firing off their many hateful comments.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Well, this is escalating

Message cross posted to the Nadine Baggott FB group - “been through hell”.

And “slandering without evidence/proof”? 🤔

Also, the outpouring on Twitter from the great and the good has been quite something. Retweets and ass kisses galore.

Also... 👋
😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 1
Like a few others I've only come here after seeing Sali's video.

I'm rewatching the original 9 min video now as initally felt so sorry for her, then I've read all 3 threads in full and its not adding up.

Some of the stuff she says just isn't correct and some of the stuff shes quoting i don't remember reading and I've only just read the whole set of threads.

It can't be nice having people talking about you and character assassinations but then I suppose when you have a paid column thats all about how you know best you're gonna bring that on. Some of the posts about her eyebrows and forehead were overly b1tchy IMO but the backwards snooping on people - they aren't even the same posters shes snooping on? how can she justify that. She's 'better' than the posters here apparently by attempting to intimidate? The people she is snooping on seem to be ones pointing out her hypocrisy and suspicion on her transparency not the mean ones going at her appearance. Pointing out questionable stuff seems pretty justified to me.

Most of the posts here point out her silly hypocritical stances on general things. Her patronising, smug and condescending tone. Her brown nosing and cringe nature. Then there is her shilling of products and the suspicious nature of products suddenly becoming her fave that shes used for ages when shes never mentioned them before.

Theres some cases of 2+2 = 5 when people have wrongly googled and based stuff from her tweets/writing. But the way she tells it, its like these are major bullying centre points rather than one post thats not engaged with. Like shes talking about family drama being dragged up here, erm you wrote a public article about it? do people have to suddenly forget it cos you said so.

She doesn't seem big on self awareness so don't even think the emotional rant was some house of cards masterplan to deflect. Just a big some big bring me sympathy - she doesn't seem shy of doing some of the things shes going at others for either.

The stuff with Carey from Camera Obscura was the most damning stuff really. What a mess that all sounds - just sad really. Not sure what to believe there.

It was her husbands (so disappointed to find out hes a tory through here - but then Harry Hill has been horrible plenty so makes sense) twitter that actually allerted me to the initial video. He used to post funny jokes but noticed him getting involved in bitchy stuff ad hoc when there's some twitter drama with her - defending your wife isn't a crime but just seems so transparent that he is suddenly angered about some issue he obviously would never give have ever given a toss about before. His posts over the last year have got so much more aggressive as well, ranting about stuff that he really doesn't need to be angry about.

Im rambling on here but I've spent 4 hours taking in all this rubbish and really should be sleeping. My basic summary is this Sali is an arse and you'd hope whats being said here would make her self reflect, sadly she'll just double down and think shes saintly and correct and conflate the justified criticisms with the minority mean posts - as though the say 2% or so of mean/incorrect posts invalidate all the rest

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Wow. The estee Laundry stories are very interesting. Why tf is she stalking people! Also mumsnet has a thread on the Sali video and this site so expect visitors soon!

Reactions: 5
Morning lovely, jealous skidmarks.

Hope India didn't do any middle-class terrorising of anyone. Newspaper clippings of the Graun, in blood...

There's no going back from the Sali Thunberg outburst. Her readers are smart, be interesting to know how many come here, read and open their eyes (welcome, if you're reading!)

Oh and figured out over half of our identities? Sure you have

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I woke up thinking about the Botox comment in her video. She claims she wrote about it a now defunct website, in DM’s and emails. So she’s therefore transparent?
Surely transparency would be writing about in a skincare article. Oh XYZ is great, I’ve had Botox but notice it helped with ABC.
Some people may have known, but they’re the minority. She hasn’t shared it to the people who are drinking the kool aid.
I’m a long time reader and had no idea until I came on here.

I also understand it hurts to have people talk about you. If you’re setting yourself up as the bastion of truth and integrity, you have to expect people to question it. If you’ve nothing to hide it’s no big deal.

None of us are perfect. I’ve been called out professionally and had my work questioned. I took it on the chin, looked at the criticism, and made changes.

Reactions: 11
It's okay for Sali and her gang to post stuff on her considerable public platform about Esther Coren, Lauren Luke, Jeremy Corbyn (e.g criticising a coat he wore) and many, many others but it's not fine for people to discuss her?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m opting out of IG today. Has anyone sent Estee Laundry screen shots about her saying she knows where people live? I think it’s the only reasonable clapback.

I understand she’s agitated and possibly not thinking clearly but the stuff her and other people with thousands of followers are saying is threatening and rude.

Given the narrative she has spun, this is looking bad for reasoned chat about a media personality.

Not OK. When did silencing people strike anyone as a good move?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
For new members, here is a list of things I have spent £££ over the years on Sali's recommendation without being aware of her relationship with the brand:

Clairns extra-comfort cream cleanser and various other cleansers which did nothing for me. I accept, one size does not fit all with these sort of products, that's because I have the modality of critical thinking. Ahem.

Sunday Riley - 2 bottles of expensive oils. Sali's review said she could always see a difference after using them. Juno made me smell like a pizza oil, and Luna to other retinols/retinoids was like homeopathy. Were these #presssamples?

Dry-By Nails, London. 'Best manicure in London' a la Sali. No disclosure on the relationship at the time. Treatment was good, nothing spectacular, felt like a bit of a conveyor belt. Did an absolutely brilliant job on my cuticles, I'll give them that

Charlotte Tilbury - Empresses New Clothes. If she wasn't a darhling London luvvie, this brand would have flopped. Colour Chameleon pencils - dried out within a couple of uses. Matte Revolution lipsticks are ok, other brands are better for the same price point. Awful concealer. Gave away the highlighter/contour powder. Spent hundreds realising this.

Reactions: 11
Dies India Knight talk about people she doesn’t know for a living ? Doesn’t she tweet? Doesn't she have an option on SH’s ‘trolls’? Double standards much. We all talk about people we don’t ‘know’ I don’t know the characters in Unbelievable but we talk about them !
Who is SH’s good friend who has been trolled for months? I’m guessing Caroline Hirons but ....

Reactions: 4
I’m opting out of IG today. Has anyone sent Estee Laundry screen shots about her saying she knows where people live? I think it’s the only reasonable clapback.

I understand she’s agitated and possibly not thinking clearly but the stuff her and other people with thousands of followers are saying is threatening and rude.

Given the narrative she has spun, this is looking bad for reasoned chat about a media personality.

Not OK. When did silencing people strike anyone as a good move?
It’s never a good move and it won’t work.

Sali and her Stan got caught stalking others and trying to intimidate them and that’s when she went for the “poor me, I’ve had an utter nightmare due to these horrid people” Insta story , with ‘legal advice’ of course 😉.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yep, this is all damage limitation because Estee Laundry got a sniff, combined with the colossal duck up of trying to intimidate members here.

Lots of people in the public domain are trigger-happy with their 'legal team' when a crumb of criticism hits their way. Jimmy Saville was renowned for it.

As for Mumsnet - people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones - most of them can't recognise a trolling post on their own territory. They seem to have forgotten the lies Sali made up about them in order to get the threads critiquing her closed down.

Reactions: 6
My goodness it's kicking off on Twitter with the petition being flagged all over the place.

Tattle is far far from a troll forum, its supportive, honest, insightful and cuts through all the BS and #ads #kindlygifted nonsense that Instagram has become. Because honestly it's all just a money spinning paid for content circus and there are plenty of people out there who believe it ALL and are losing their minds feeling they need to buy this or hinch that.

It's their mental health I feel sorry for.

Reactions: 10
Dies India Knight talk about people she doesn’t know for a living ? Doesn’t she tweet? Doesn't she have an option on SH’s ‘trolls’? Double standards much. We all talk about people we don’t ‘know’ I don’t know the characters in Unbelievable but we talk about them !
Who is SH’s good friend who has been trolled for months? I’m guessing Caroline Hirons but ....
It was Lauren (assistant) she was referring to

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.