Sali Hughes #3 Weak dilutes & boiled piss, if only! I invented the aubergine penis emoji.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This latest move is going to backfire on Sali.

You can tell from Estée Laundry’s IG stories about her rant they aren’t buying it.

Anyone with half a brain will want the receipts and once coming here and reading through will realise it is by and large 95% fair critique.

For the record I don’t buy the thing about Sali “getting Lauren Luke fired”. First she would have been on a contract so that’s the nature of the beast. Second her time really was up. It was the right move for the Guardian. Sali was like a breath of fresh air when she started, imparting a lot of knowledge and demystifying the beauty industry for the average consumer.

Reactions: 1

You can tell from Estée Laundry’s IG stories about her rant they aren’t buying it.

Anyone with half a brain will want the receipts and once coming here and reading through will realise it is by and large 95% fair critique.

For the record I don’t buy the thing about Sali “getting Lauren Luke fired”. First she would have been on a contract so that’s the nature of the beast. Second her time really was up. It was the right move for the Guardian. Sali was like a breath of fresh air when she started, imparting a lot of knowledge and demystifying the beauty industry for the average consumer.
Fair point but it started because SH and her mates went on a Twitter rant about how crap the column was so it didn't come about in the fairest or nicest way. SH herself has said she regrets it

Reactions: 7
Like a few others I've only come here after seeing Sali's video.

I'm rewatching the original 9 min video now as initally felt so sorry for her, then I've read all 3 threads in full and its not adding up.

Some of the stuff she says just isn't correct and some of the stuff shes quoting i don't remember reading and I've only just read the whole set of threads.

It can't be nice having people talking about you and character assassinations but then I suppose when you have a paid column thats all about how you know best you're gonna bring that on. Some of the posts about her eyebrows and forehead were overly b1tchy IMO but the backwards snooping on people - they aren't even the same posters shes snooping on? how can she justify that. She's 'better' than the posters here apparently by attempting to intimidate? The people she is snooping on seem to be ones pointing out her hypocrisy and suspicion on her transparency not the mean ones going at her appearance. Pointing out questionable stuff seems pretty justified to me.

Most of the posts here point out her silly hypocritical stances on general things. Her patronising, smug and condescending tone. Her brown nosing and cringe nature. Then there is her shilling of products and the suspicious nature of products suddenly becoming her fave that shes used for ages when shes never mentioned them before.

Theres some cases of 2+2 = 5 when people have wrongly googled and based stuff from her tweets/writing. But the way she tells it, its like these are major bullying centre points rather than one post thats not engaged with. Like shes talking about family drama being dragged up here, erm you wrote a public article about it? do people have to suddenly forget it cos you said so.

She doesn't seem big on self awareness so don't even think the emotional rant was some house of cards masterplan to deflect. Just a big some big bring me sympathy - she doesn't seem shy of doing some of the things shes going at others for either.

The stuff with Carey from Camera Obscura was the most damning stuff really. What a mess that all sounds - just sad really. Not sure what to believe there.

It was her husbands (so disappointed to find out hes a tory through here - but then Harry Hill has been horrible plenty so makes sense) twitter that actually allerted me to the initial video. He used to post funny jokes but noticed him getting involved in bitchy stuff ad hoc when there's some twitter drama with her - defending your wife isn't a crime but just seems so transparent that he is suddenly angered about some issue he obviously would never give have ever given a toss about before. His posts over the last year have got so much more aggressive as well, ranting about stuff that he really doesn't need to be angry about.

Im rambling on here but I've spent 4 hours taking in all this rubbish and really should be sleeping. My basic summary is this Sali is an arse and you'd hope whats being said here would make her self reflect, sadly she'll just double down and think shes saintly and correct and conflate the justified criticisms with the minority mean posts - as though the say 2% or so of mean/incorrect posts invalidate all the rest
l wish someone would post this type of message on Instagram to demonstrate how she has Gaslighted every single person who has written her a heartfelt post. She has unleashed her venom towards Tattle but it’s all damage control over her and her cronies being stalky, creepy and threatening to a woman’s young children. That’s the sum total. Very little room for any other narrative than hers over there though 😔

She talks about it in an interview. There's a link somewhere further back.
What Sali forgets it that liars need good memories. She’s lost track of all the untruths she’s told and committed to print over the years. Her holier than thou Saint Sali the hardest working woman on Instagram Schlick is making me want to vomit when she’s a thin skinned mean girl HYPOCRITE

Fair point but it started because SH and her mates went on a Twitter rant about how crap the column was so it didn't come about in the fairest or nicest way. SH herself has said she regrets it

Im not so sure enough people will bother finding out the truth for themselves her which is such a shame. Thousands of people have swallowed her Troll narrative hook line and sinker. It’s internet fact now that Sali is being bullied online. Which is incorrect. She played a blinder. What a bleeping joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
l wish someone would post this type of message on Instagram to demonstrate how she has Gaslighted every single person who has written her a heartfelt post. She has unleashed her venom towards Tattle but it’s all damage control over her and her cronies being stalky, creepy and threatening to a woman’s young children. That’s the sum total. Very little room for any other narrative than hers over there though 😔

What Sali forgets it that liars need good memories. She’s lost track of all the untruths she’s told and committed to print over the years. Her holier than thou Saint Sali the hardest working woman on Instagram Schlick is making me want to vomit when she’s a thin skinned mean girl HYPOCRITE

Im not so sure enough people will bother finding out the truth for themselves her which is such a shame. Thousands of people have swallowed her Troll narrative hook line and sinker. It’s internet fact now that Sali is being bullied online. Which is incorrect. She played a blinder. What a bleeping joke.
If playing the “poor me” card works for her and she can look in the mirror and really believe that , ignore her own part in what caused her panic, so be it.

I’m someone she’ll never know, never care about and will never meet but I have money to spend and I’ll never buy another recommendation if it comes from her lips because I don’t trust her opinion anymore.

Reactions: 5
Yep, this is all damage limitation because Estee Laundry got a sniff, combined with the colossal duck up of trying to intimidate members here.

Lots of people in the public domain are trigger-happy with their 'legal team' when a crumb of criticism hits their way. Jimmy Saville was renowned for it.

As for Mumsnet - people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones - most of them can't recognise a trolling post on their own territory. They seem to have forgotten the lies Sali made up about them in order to get the threads critiquing her closed down.
Haha. I love the ‘the more you have to hide, the quicker the lawyers get put on alert’ implication. So true. 🤣🤣🤣

If playing the “poor me” card works for her and she can look in the mirror and really believe that , ignore her own part in what caused her panic, so be it.

I’m someone she’ll never know, never care about and will never meet but I have money to spend and I’ll never buy another recommendation if it comes from her lips because I don’t trust her opinion anymore.
But her whole career hinges on being HONEST. HONESTY is all she has? Doesn’t everyone realise how HONEST she is??!!! 🙄

Reactions: 3
There is no safe public forum for discussions like these. I’m guessing from her Instagram video that Sali thinks only she and select other influencers should be afforded the luxury of being able to say and write whatever they like without impunity and without the right to reply. In fact she won’t even allow us to say it to her directly - she systematically shut down all unfavourable comments she received directly on her Instagram posts by being rude, calling the comments (and those who commented) rude and aggressive, deleting comments and blocking people (by her own admission not before first finding out who they are and where they live - after all, disagreeing about the terminology used to describe a Botox treatment is clearly life or death stuff for Sali). So we are between a rock and a hard place. Meanwhile over on twitter it looks like India Knight is issuing thinly veiled threats on behalf of her husband, with Sali confirming she knows where we all live. So what should I do in the light of such a threat? Call the police? Seek legal advice? Make a video to post on my Instagram account?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
One thing I'm grateful for Tattle for is opening my eyes to the well-oiled machine of influeners. I feel #soblessed

I no longer follow them on IG and have found a far more interesting hub of people documenting their daily lives, no turmeric lattes or downward dog in sight

Reactions: 15
l wish someone would post this type of message on Instagram to demonstrate how she has Gaslighted every single person who has written her a heartfelt post. She has unleashed her venom towards Tattle but it’s all damage control over her and her cronies being stalky, creepy and threatening to a woman’s young children.
My Instagram makes me identifiable in real life and given some of the remarks from Sali and her mates about “knowing where people live” I actually don’t feel safe / comfortable doing so. Which just shows how patently ridiculous it is for Sali to claim that she is the one being victimised frankly. When people are too afraid to speak truthfully about her.

Reactions: 5
My Instagram makes me identifiable in real life and given some of the remarks from Sali and her mates about “knowing where people live” I actually don’t feel safe / comfortable doing so. Which just shows how patently ridiculous it is for Sali to claim that she is the one being victimised frankly. When people are too afraid to speak truthfully about her.
Yes, that’s my point really. I wouldn’t do it. It’s got to the point over on Instagram that any attempt to offer a differing point of view would send hordes of people to abuse that person. There’s no discussion or any way to highlight what Sally did wrong. She’s got too big of an army on her side. She’s in the wrong but her perpetual lack of self awareness won’t allow her so see it.

Reactions: 7
Morning lovely, jealous skidmarks.

Hope India didn't do any middle-class terrorising of anyone. Newspaper clippings of the Graun, in blood...

There's no going back from the Sali Thunberg outburst. Her readers are smart, be interesting to know how many come here, read and open their eyes (welcome, if you're reading!)

Oh and figured out over half of our identities? Sure you have
and so what if she had figured them out? a.) it would just prove she has wayyyy too much free time on her hands b) she could... accuse people of discussing her?

Reactions: 2
I remember an article she wrote for The Pool(?) crying about how people are mean to Tories because her partner/husband is a Tory, and we all should be nice to people regardless of their political views. :ROFLMAO::sick:

It must be nice having enough money to afford ignorance to your working class roots and other people’s suffering under Tory government.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Can you imagine asking a solicitor with a straight face about what can be done re: people talking about you on the internet?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Can you imagine asking a solicitor with a straight face about what can be done re: people talking about you on the internet?
That’s why she couldn’t legally threaten to sue and her statement was cleverly drafted to include phrases like “I can stand up in court and prove x,y,z”

Reactions: 3
Hey everyone, I've been following Sali for a while (since about 2012 I think) and read all the threads on here after seeing her Instagram (I woke up v early, bloody insomnia).

Like some other new posters I think what's been said here has been misrepresented. Of course it's not nice to be talked about behind your back (so to speak) or to read unflattering/critical comments - so I can understand why she would find it upsetting - but when you have a public presence, it's going to happen whether you like it or not.

That said, using your media status to instigate a twitter/social media pile on against people who don't have the wherewithal to fight back is not a good look. IMO it's little short of bullying. And as for threatening legal action...!

Some of the comments I've seen on Twitter are thoroughly obnoxious. If that's how her fans and friends behave then I'm no longer one of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
and so what if she had figured them out? a.) it would just prove she has wayyyy too much free time on her hands b) she could... accuse people of discussing her?
The talk on Insta is that she thinks she can get people prosecuted.

(...for joking online about how she invented the aubergine emoji presumably?)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.