Sali Hughes #3 Weak dilutes & boiled piss, if only! I invented the aubergine penis emoji.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is the worst column in living history
2nd worst IMO. Well joint second with adult festival glitter. £25 scrunchies will be hard to top. It is bloody awful though. What is the point of it? As said this jaunty hairgrip (I refuse to say Kirby - at least she didn't say Bobby pin), plait or pearl thingy has never been seen. She always always has the same 'do', loose with hair tucked behind left ear. Plus didn't she say there is simply no room on the column to ever mention personal stuff (eg her botox in conjunction with skincare or of course she would) but about a third of this is about her. She just can't be arsed can she any more.

Reactions: 9
What's the "I am as God made me" supposed to signify? A magpie? Wasteful? Fickle considering last week's piece? Bumping up the word count? I don't understand what this is supposed to mean.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
In the future she may want to have a couple of columns pre-written in case she can’t be arsed one week due to Victoria beckham purposes/overwhelming critique of the beauty industry sustainability purposes.

(They’re my ‘per my last email’ phrases/office speak/middle management speak phrases which I always think of when I see sali, especially in her air hostess costume for the Graun photo)

Also - when did she begin to foray into fashun? I think of hair clips as more of a style or fashion subject. Either way..... tumbleweed in the comments.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yikes only 23 comments in The Guardian. Doesn't even run to 2 pages. But I suppose what can you say to 'I use a hair grip'. Even on FB the general consensus to that column is 'if I put stuff in my hair I look like a toddler as I am an adult'. How long can the Guardian enable this half hearted rubbish? One fairly small column a week really shouldn't be so hard to make interesting and relevant should it?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
i wrote many many things at Uni whilst very very hungover, that column is a piece of hangover writing.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Next week: how to perm your ears!

What the colour of your knickers says about your dating style

How to tattoo a realistic contour into your bum bum

And laydees! Remember! After you’ve put all twenty hair clips in - remove one! Otherwise you look to ‘done’

That’s what Chanel number 5 said.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
In the future she may want to have a couple of columns pre-written in case she can’t be arsed one week due to Victoria beckham purposes/overwhelming critique of the beauty industry sustainability purposes.

(They’re my ‘per my last email’ phrases/office speak/middle management speak phrases which I always think of when I see sali, especially in her air hostess costume for the Graun photo)

Also - when did she begin to foray into fashun? I think of hair clips as more of a style or fashion subject. Either way..... tumbleweed in the comments.
AFAIK, she does write columns two/three weeks in advance. This was still a shite effort.

I want to know about how I can make myself look better, what products work for specific issues, what the latest tech in skincare and beauty is. Hair slides do NOT fall into that category.

She needs to go.

Reactions: 4
It would be interesting to know what she gets paid for that column.... I'll start the first guess... £30kpa

Reactions: 1
I’ve just read that hair grip column , utterly pointless and banal.

There’s got to be someone out there able to do a better job for The Guardian than what Sali’s doing.

Reactions: 3
It would be interesting to know what she gets paid for that column.... I'll start the first guess... £30kpa
Yes I’ve wondered about this too. I don’t know what a weekly slot is worth! She generates quite a bit of discussion regularly (has done for years. Loves it) so I suspect she’s on the higher end but I don’t even know what that is!!!

They charge about £20k per advert in the print edition (and more online). But yes, newspapers are in dire straits. But there's no way someone like her will be working for less than that (it's probably more).

I would say more... I knew someone who worked there writing one column a week and occasionally features and that was enough to live on.. and she's the beauty editor isn't she?

I would say more... I knew someone who worked there writing one column a week and occasionally features and that was enough to live on.. and she's the beauty editor isn't she?
i wonder if she gets a cut of the affiliate links as well

I can't imagine she spends more than half an hour on it per week unless she has a special coming up. Still, she has those four other jobs keeping her busy...

There’s got to be someone out there able to do a better job for The Guardian than what Sali’s doing.
After this weeks dire excuse for a column I am pretty sure my cat could do a better job. And she is full of sass, the real deal.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I know when there were changes to Child Benefit for high earners she was on This Morning to argue against the move saying she would lose out because she earnt just over £50k in total. Just checked and that was Oct 2012.
Having learnt from other posts here that she sends her children to private school, I can't believe she had the gall to go on (even tho I disagree with the policy).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.