Sali Hughes #29 Expert content creator. Nope.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title by @Clovis and @Disillusioned (Nope)... it was a very close call with one vote in it, so I amalgamated the two.

Where to start on a recap:

Book Blurb and Title has been released.
Lots of Hush ads #paidforobvs
Brighton beach is tit according to a Sali follower

Ermmmmmm owt else to add anyone?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
@Perpet I really liked it when I was oilier pre-accutane, but my skin is combi/dry now and it feels a tad cakey and doesnt blend as nicely so I wouldn't repurchase (even tho they've finally got new shades).

I'm very late to the game here - don't get a chance to spend as much time here as I'd like so I mostly lurk in the bushes, occasionally peeping out should a cheering red lip or statement boot cross my eye.

Anyway @Perpet I love the Inkey List - especially their salicylic acid face wash. Not sure how much good it actually does as wash never stays on the skin too long but it's lovely for a morning suds-up. Their BHA is also great. I don't use any AHAs or PHAs so am no use on that front.

Also I know a few folks were talking on the last thread about citizenship and agree with the comments that it'll take longer than you think - I'm going through it right now and it's relatively straightforward here (especially as I am physically here) but still far more involved than I thought. Good luck to those of you going through it!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I rather like the Hourglass vanish concealer for under eyes, but I don't have too much in the way of wrinkles there yet, just perpetual dark shadows. Sometimes I use a dusting of the hourglass powder to set it too. Its a lighter formula than the Nars one.

Reactions: 1
Thanks lads 🤭 I've woken up in a slightly better mood and ta @cholulamare I didn't know they had spin the wheel - I too have spun a 20% off so will be returning to the Bobbi tinted moisturiser family. Maybe I'll tan like a tangerine in the summer with retinol burn and my purchases from yesterday will come in handy 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 6
For concealer, application is also really important. This is a really good (short) video on it from make up artist Rae Morris, it’s part of a series she’s doing atm

On a concealer tip, if you're trying to hide spots, un-faded acne scarring, melasma etc, the NYX Wonder Pencil is utterly wonderful. Inexpensive, amazing coverage, blends nicely and you really don't need much, so it lasts forever. Worth its weight in gold and probably my best ever impulse purchase!

It's been discontinued. 😭

Last edited:
  • Sad
On a concealer tip, if you're trying to hide spots, un-faded acne scarring, melasma etc, the NYX Wonder Pencil is utterly wonderful. Inexpensive, amazing coverage, blends nicely and you really don't need much, so it lasts forever. Worth its weight in gold and probably my best ever impulse purchase!

It's been discontinued. 😭
Ah man. I loved the Bobbi Brown retouching face pencil for the same reason. They also did an illuminate one which was great for highlighting. Discontinued too now :rolleyes: Thankfully I saw them being sold in a cosmetics outlet a few months ago and fearing the worst bought up most of the shelf :ROFLMAO: I'm going to be gutted when my stash runs out. Have you seen anything similar? I love the NYX lip liners for a cheap pick me up too.

Reactions: 1
Wayne Goss also has a good concealer tutorial. I am considering getting some powder (never powdered in my life before) to set under eye and also take a touch of shine off as the time has come for that now. :( Any advice? I know everyone bangs on about the laura mercier translucent one but I'd like to start with something not too pricey.

Wayne Goss also has a good concealer tutorial. I am considering getting some powder (never powdered in my life before) to set under eye and also take a touch of shine off as the time has come for that now. :( Any advice? I know everyone bangs on about the laura mercier translucent one but I'd like to start with something not too pricey.
I'm constantly on the search for a decent powder.

I've been using Beauty Pie's One Powder Wonder for ages as it takes shine off without adding colour or looking cakey.

I'm still on the hunt for a translucent powder with a bit of luminosity but not so much I look like a glitter ball if anyone has any recommendations.

Ah man. I loved the Bobbi Brown retouching face pencil for the same reason. They also did an illuminate one which was great for highlighting. Discontinued too now :rolleyes: Thankfully I saw them being sold in a cosmetics outlet a few months ago and fearing the worst bought up most of the shelf :ROFLMAO: I'm going to be gutted when my stash runs out. Have you seen anything similar? I love the NYX lip liners for a cheap pick me up too.
What a result to have found them in an outlet!

I've never come across anything as good and as useful as the NYX pencils. They're creamy enough to wear around your eyes, but have enough staying power to use on blemishes.

Google leads me to believe that it was a consistently highly rated product. Why would NYX discontinue them? Bastards. 😭

Reactions: 2
What a result to have found them in an outlet!

I've never come across anything as good and as useful as the NYX pencils. They're creamy enough to wear around your eyes, but have enough staying power to use on blemishes.

Google leads me to believe that it was a consistently highly rated product. Why would NYX discontinue them? Bastards. 😭
I find that everything I love seems to get discontinued

• Sad
Reactions: 4
And if its discontinued it comes back 'new and improved'. Except it's never improved
And it’s such an annoying phrase that I’m petty enough to let it deter me from buying something. It is either new or improved, how can it be both?

Oh I’m such a cantankerous old woman.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.