Sali Hughes #28 See thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This one is better value, almost as many rules as Sali will offer and I got it free in a lockdown bookswap with neighbours.
20210302_104122.jpg

Reactions: 7
On the subject of the famous bath salts, I previously said that I was going to have an indulgent weekend to try to feel a bit more human again, and this weekend is that weekend 🥳

I’m going to have an uncomfortably hot bath with the Radox salts, with a new candle and a glass of red wine. This will be after a wonderfully slobby day of reading a stack of magazines, maybe watching a film, and certainly eating my own weight in biscuits. I’ve also ordered one of those Dishoom bacon naan kits, because if I’m going to be an indulgent slug, why not go all out?

All of this is on the assumption that I make it through the working week without cracking though.

And for the beef-faced trolls on the thread who would give their right arm for a day by themselves, I am available for baby-sitting duty once it’s safe and legal! Or we’ll do a Center Parcs spa day and drop the younglings off at some activity there😉

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
This is my issue with tweakments, (although I’m not there yet) surely the smooth forehead and pristine brows are making her eyes look super crinkly when they’re probably not at all. Like you say - whack a mole!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
After having a bath with the famous bath salts I recommend drinking a cup of Valerian tea (made with two tea bags) for a brilliant nights sleep! 😴

Reactions: 5
After having a bath with the famous bath salts I recommend drinking a cup of Valerian tea (made with two tea bags) for a brilliant nights sleep! 😴
Oh man, what I would give for a decent night’s sleep! Don’t get me wrong, I ADORE my family, but I am so looking forward to lockdown being lifted for real. Then I can focus on work whilst my children are at day care. I can come home and focus on them before putting them to sleep and my wife and I can get a good night’s sleep in a clean and tidy house without worrying that we are behind on deadlines or having to bring work home.

*cries*

• Heart
Reactions: 18
On the subject of the famous bath salts, I previously said that I was going to have an indulgent weekend to try to feel a bit more human again, and this weekend is that weekend 🥳

I’m going to have an uncomfortably hot bath with the Radox salts, with a new candle and a glass of red wine. This will be after a wonderfully slobby day of reading a stack of magazines, maybe watching a film, and certainly eating my own weight in biscuits. I’ve also ordered one of those Dishoom bacon naan kits, because if I’m going to be an indulgent slug, why not go all out?

All of this is on the assumption that I make it through the working week without cracking though.

And for the beef-faced trolls on the thread who would give their right arm for a day by themselves, I am available for baby-sitting duty once it’s safe and legal! Or we’ll do a Center Parcs spa day and drop the younglings off at some activity there😉
Sounds absolutely perfect. I've been meaning to get one of those Dishoom kits for ages, report back if it's good!

Oh man, what I would give for a decent night’s sleep! Don’t get me wrong, I ADORE my family, but I am so looking forward to lockdown being lifted for real. Then I can focus on work whilst my children are at day care. I can come home and focus on them before putting them to sleep and my wife and I can get a good night’s sleep in a clean and tidy house without worrying that we are behind on deadlines or having to bring work home.

*cries*
Are you struggling to sleep because of stress/anxiety about things not being done, or is it more lack of sleep due to having to go to bed late and get up early?

Reactions: 4
This is my issue with tweakments, (although I’m not there yet) surely the smooth forehead and pristine brows are making her eyes look super crinkly when they’re probably not at all. Like you say - whack a mole!
Yes, that was my first thought. The overly smooth, tight forehead just emphasises the signs of ageing elsewhere on the face.

Reactions: 3
My Mam always said about procedures - your neck and your hands‘ll give you away.

SH is nearly 50 tbh ...it’s normal aging right? Or could good glop alone (as opposed to the rest of it which is scaffolded by Botox) actually assist in that area? I am a bit terrified of milia so am pretty sparse in my application round the old eyeballs.

Edit: or what others have said above far more eloquently.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Are you struggling to sleep because of stress/anxiety about things not being done, or is it more lack of sleep due to having to go to bed late and get up early?
All of the above. Plus, having a messy house that were stuck in all day isn’t helping. 😭

Re Sali’s crepey eyes, I have noticed that Hannah Martin is looking crepey too. Maybe it’s just dehydration?

27CD8F5A-82A4-46DF-A134-4217893B5F5F.jpeg

Reactions: 1
I used Valerian as a supplement for a tricky horse years ago, but never tried it myself. I’d do anything for an uninterrupted nights sleep though, so I’ll keep an eye out.

I think Hannah must genuinely be exhausted, she has worked like a maniac through Covid plus 2 smallies.

Reactions: 6
All of the above. Plus, having a messy house that were stuck in all day isn’t helping. 😭
Oh me too! I don't have all the same pressures but often struggle to get to sleep due to anxiety. I've been taking CBD oil before bed and I think it's helping. I also have a sleep tea with valerian, lavender, camomile and other things in it... but I sleep better at weekends when the tea is swapped out for wine...

---

This might explain the eyes... *screams in dermatologist*

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
I thought exfoliation of the face was Bad. Or is that Hirons? Am I getting my gurus in a muddle.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I thought exfoliation of the face was Bad. Or is that Hirons? Am I getting my gurus in a muddle.
Exfoliation is fine as long as it’s chemical (aha/bha/pha) and not physical (scrubby stuff). Sali’s using retinol as well which I bet she also puts around her eyes!

Reactions: 2
This might explain the eyes... *screams in dermatologist*
Ouch. And not a comment to flippantly give - I’m guessing she means with an acid, but I’ve got plenty of friends who would happily reach for the St Ives scrub if they saw that. Makes me cringe imagining it.

Reactions: 4
Why, why, why with the banging on about exfoliating the eye area. I’m weeping for the people who take her skincare advice nowadays. The skin around the eye is just so delicate. I‘d never use more than the silk edge of my face halo around the eye. It another reason I use tubing mascara. The less tugging and touching of the area the less wrinkles long term.

Reactions: 8
Surely a skincare expert knows that skin around the eyes is more delicate? I'm so glad I ignored her advice of not using an eye cream because 'it's just an anti ageing moisturiser in a smaller pot" and followed my own instincts of using a dedicated eye product. Apart from skin around eyes being thinner I also find that using face cream in that area makes my eyes puffy

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Surely a skincare expert knows that skin around the eyes is more delicate? I'm so glad I ignored her advice of not using an eye cream because 'it's just an anti ageing moisturiser in a smaller pot" and followed my own instincts of using a dedicated eye product. Apart from skin around eyes being thinner I also find that using face cream in that area makes my eyes puffy
Same here, even when I was a fan I ignored that piece of ‘advice’ - I love my eye cream!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.