Sali Hughes #28 See thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuine question, could undereye crepey-ness (is that a word?) be caused or exacerbated by Botox and fillers elsewhere? Sort of causing a pull in that area?

I currently have Botox in my forehead and between my brows and whilst I don’t think I’d ever have cheek fillers, I’m undecided about having Botox around my crows feet. Part of my hesitation is wondering if doing so may cause problems under my eyes, I don’t want to be playing whack-a-mole with my wrinkles! I also don’t want to lose all the expression in my eyes when I smile, infrequent though that is these days 😐
Long time Botox user here. I think Botox around the crows feet is a bit tricky. I've found that in flattening the area where it's injected it causes the cheeks to bulge upwards a little when you smile which then causes under-eye creasing. Does that make sense? A good Botox injector will know how far forward (i.e. towards the nose) they can inject without causing the cheek issue.

I think in this case the heavy under-eye make-up isn't helping. Personally - as I've got older - I've found that any under-eye make-up makes it looks worse.

Reactions: 12
I know that the lines that appear on a botoxed person's nose as a result of smiling are referred to as 'bunny lines'. There may be a similar term for the crinkles that make themselves visible under the eye due to a botoxed forehead too.

nicole-kidman030558-300x300.jpg

Reactions: 2
I don't recall any posts about this but apologies if I'm repeating - the blurb is up for the forthcoming painfully-titled book and I want to smash my head into a wall:
View attachment 461940

It's making me slightly hysterical how much they're hammering that egg-poaching angle (as if Delia didn't do it 20 years ago, oh and THE INTERNET EXISTS)
duck, not another book 😖

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’ve noticed a difference around my eyes with The Ordinary caffeine stuff over the last month or so.

ETA: I mean slightly less tired not 7 years younger!

• Heart
duck, not another book 😖
We really are spoilt for potential thread titles atm 😊

I found Pretty Honest utterly underwhelming, despite being a fan at the time. It seemed to be just her columns and FB/forum chat recycled. But everyone was raving about it 🤷🏻‍♀️ I didn’t bother with Pretty Iconic. Or the Queen thing, obvs.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I know that the lines that appear on a botoxed person's nose as a result of smiling are referred to as 'bunny lines'. There may be a similar term for the crinkles that make themselves visible under the eye due to a botoxed forehead too.
In my experience, Botox in the forehead doesn't causes crinkles under the eyes.

Reactions: 3
This one is better value, almost as many rules as Sali will offer and I got it free in a lockdown bookswap with neighbours.
View attachment 462817
Kitty is a very funny comedian here in Australia! She has lots of name recognition etc. I don’t think Sali will outside of people who read her column or are interested in beauty already.

Her eyes to me in the Ren video definitely look like the eyes of someone who's had a heavy duty crying sesh.

Reactions: 5
Her eyes to me in the Ren video definitely look like the eyes of someone who's had a heavy duty crying sesh.
That’s the pinky peach eyeshadow.

We really are spoilt for potential thread titles atm 😊

I found Pretty Honest utterly underwhelming, despite being a fan at the time. It seemed to be just her columns and FB/forum chat recycled. But everyone was raving about it 🤷🏻‍♀️ I didn’t bother with Pretty Iconic. Or the Queen thing, obvs.
I didn’t buy any of them, and I most certainly did NOT take a red lipstick photo to celebrate the day of the launch of Pretty Honest.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I see one of the comments was 'oh dear your eyes look sore :cry:'.
Pinky stuff round the eyes can look so odd - no way could I carry it off. Just not flattering I suppose?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Her under eye areas were looking really crepey in the Jamie Genevieve video as well. I was quite shocked - I don’t recall them looking like that before. Does she normally use a filter?

Ya know, for someone who claims that eye cream is a waste of time, she sure as tit is in need of one. Just look at the photo below - so much milia under just one eye. That’s what happens when you use products that are too rich for your skin. Some bleeping expert she is.

View attachment 462237
I would be delighted if my undereye area looked that good :(

Reactions: 2
Whoever asked about the dishoom kits they are 👌👌👌 I'd get them regularly if it werent for the horrendously high delivery charge

(Their fried chicken is also wonderful)

Undereyes are so tricky, its a toss up between natural darkness and caking it on with the inevitable creasing. Alexandra Anele (❤) has her version of Wayne Goss technique I've been trying and quite liking.

1- eye cream
2 - suncream
3 - eyelid primer underneath the eye (she did a lux version and a dupe version and I got the elf eye primer that she used in the dupe)
4 - a little concealer
5 - little powder

(I just realises that noone actually asked for under eye tips but i've already typed it out so 🤷🏻‍♀️)

Reactions: 22
I'm confused by her foundation colour in the latest insta video (the stick that can be used as a blusher/eyeshadow/lipstick - btw is this new? I thought sticks like that have been around for ages?). It's...orange?

I can’t remember where I read it or saw it but someone recommended setting under eye concealer with setting spray rather than powder. Obviously powder settles in the creases and makes them look worse. Spray the spray onto your hand, dip your little finger in it and pat gently over the make up.

Sali’s tip about using colour corrector before your concealer is a good one.

I use Nars creamy concealer.

Reactions: 6
I can’t remember where I read it or saw it but someone recommended setting under eye concealer with setting spray rather than powder. Obviously powder settles in the creases and makes them look worse. Spray the spray onto your hand, dip your little finger in it and pat gently over the make up.

Sali’s tip about using colour corrector before your concealer is a good one.

I use Nars creamy concealer.
I never thought of that! Will def give that a try ty!

Reactions: 1
I'm confused by her foundation colour in the latest insta video (the stick that can be used as a blusher/eyeshadow/lipstick - btw is this new? I thought sticks like that have been around for ages?). It's...orange?
I just rewatched and wow, the contrast between the top of her forehead and her parting 😱 Once you see it, it's all you see.

Yeah sticks like this have been around for ages but usually they're just advertised as being for lips and cheeks, whereas this one says it can be used as an eyeshadow and under eye corrector as well. No reason why you can't do that with any other product though. But it's so unhygienic to apply the product directly from the stick to your eye area if it's touched your lips/cheeks already 🤢 When KJH does this she uses brushes. Not sure why Sali doesn't. She'll have actual pinkeye soon and won't have to use that unflattering shade of eyeshadow 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I like the idea of sticks you can use all over (well cheeks and lips, as I’ve never wanted pink eyes as I have cool colouring - although I thought Sali did too, hence why I used to find her refs useful, although she uses a warmer foundation now so 🤷‍♀️) but they never work well on lips if they work on cheeks or vice versa. They’re always too siliconey for my lips or too sticky for my cheeks.

Kitty is a very funny comedian here in Australia! She has lots of name recognition etc. I don’t think Sali will outside of people who read her column or are interested in beauty already.
I had never heard of Kitty but it was an Aussie neighbour who gave me the book, it was a fun read.

Reactions: 1
I don't recall any posts about this but apologies if I'm repeating - the blurb is up for the forthcoming painfully-titled book and I want to smash my head into a wall:
View attachment 461940

It's making me slightly hysterical how much they're hammering that egg-poaching angle (as if Delia didn't do it 20 years ago, oh and THE INTERNET EXISTS)
bleeping hell I'm late to this but WTF?!
How to choose a contraceptive...I mean, how did the smart woman cope before her?
...sex and relationships.....*they're talking about my sex life on the internet*

Bitchy me is looking forward to the reviews.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This book will really be the gift that keeps on giving.

What I don't understand is that Sali's demographic will already have a lot of life experience and won't need things like contraceptive and poaching eggs Salisplained to them.

A life guide might be handy for a teenager but a teenager is not likely to read a book on the subjects mentioned. And they'll have their own influencers they follow. I'm not saying Sali doesn't have any teenage fans but I couldn't imagine it's a huge number

So who the hell is it for?

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.