Sali Hughes #28 See thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guess who does the PR for Aromatherapy Associates?

Move along, no conflict of interest to see here
And I thought the proposal in Iceland was the worst thing on their grid. Using your charity's SM to promote a client 's product seems a bit off to me. But doubtless I don't understand how these things work.

Mother Theresa was anti-contraception, anti-abortion, anti-woman in general. Why can’t Sali ever do the tiniest bit of research?

Woah, Aromatherapy Associates!
I think Jo Jones does Beauty Banks' IG.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
ThEy eVeN cRitCiSe mY cHaRitY

Actually, no, it's the flagrant self-promotion and self-serving manipulation of the charity that's on the nose

Reactions: 19
Funny, the others aren't quite so in your face though. I didn't notice any of them
I don't see it on the Chapman one but the other three have the names on them. Top left for plasticboy, in the E of shine for Cher Webb.

Reactions: 2
I don't see it on the Chapman one but the other three have the names on them. Top left for plasticboy, in the E of shine for Cher Webb.
So it's a calling card vs a prominent part of the design itself

Personally, I'd rather donate a twenty to my charity of choice rather than have yet another makeup bag. They usually come free with any makeup purchase anyhow these days. I don't know about you, but I have enough of them cluttering up the place to last a lifetime

They're all pretty garish too

Reactions: 9
Wow. Just wow. And as quotes go, red is a state of mind ain't exactly Oscar Wilde
I thin you’ll find it’s Liz Taylor 😉

ETA: Found it...

CCC5A795-F29C-40CC-9AA8-9968444A1234.jpeg

ETA 2: That’s just me taking the piss. Although the quote is all over SM, not a Sali original.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I don't know about you, but I have enough of them cluttering up the place to last a lifetime
I splurged on the Anya Hindmarch makeup bag last year and will never need another makeup bag again. And I still have enough others that I definitely won't need to buy one even if I suddenly need to carry more stuff on a trip.

Reactions: 6
Their scattergun approach to charity is so confusing. I had a quick glance at their website and could not see any reference to the NHS. For this reason I would not donate to them. How I do I know where my money, which I assumed was going to the cause I presumed, wasn't being given to another? I don't want to rely on Sali and Jo's assumption of what is the best use of my money. When I worked for charity there was usually a specific fund for 'changing and emerging needs' - but always stuck to the core principles. Pamper packages for NHS staff, and basics for people in dire poverty are wildly different things.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Oh I could do with a smooth and wrinkle-free forehead, I’ll buy some of that. Hooray, all problems solved!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Serious question: do other beauty journalists (like Sarah Jossel or Claire Coleman) do paid ads?

Reactions: 6
This is shoddy as duck for a UK charity. Also doesn't credit wherever it was nicked from.

Screenshot_20210224-210857_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Pay checks away from being on stamps.

Pay cheques (we don’t say this in the UK at all) from having to claim benefits.

What on earth is going on there? Or is it because it’s a response to an American?

Reactions: 13
Oh, POAL does smell like Turkish Delight! Constantinople brothel, here I come 💃

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.