Sali Hughes #28 See thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are called food stamps in the UK too?
No such thing in UK. There are benefits and food banks. Some councils have schemes (replacing old DWP crisis loans for food/fuel) whereby people are issued with gift/spend cards for emergencies but provision varies across local authorities. But food stamps aren't a thing and never have been. Any suggestion of limiting what people spend their benefits on is met with criticism. Oh just remembered Aslyum Seekers (no recourse to public funds used to have foid vouchers and that was very controversial).

Pay checks away from being on stamps.

Pay cheques (we don’t say this in the UK at all) from having to claim benefits.

What on earth is going on there? Or is it because it’s a response to an American?
I think its an American post they've nicked.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
So why share that meme on a UK page? Here, you can only buy certain things with food stamps. It's all very judgemental and paternalistic

Reactions: 5
And I thought the proposal in Iceland was the worst thing on their grid. Using your charity's SM to promote a client 's product seems a bit off to me. But doubtless I don't understand how these things work.
I think Jo Jones does Beauty Banks' IG.
I know I'm a mere trollop missing a nose, but this reeks more than my last punter's breeches. And he was a soldier on leave after the Seven Years' War.

I remember a few threads back watching one of her PR videos and the charity angle was highlited as very important for successful shilling.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I also think if you're going to wear them - do it right and wear doc martens. I hate those imitation docs
I live in docs. Apart from solivair everything else looks like a try hard knock off.
I also love leopard print and Red lipstick, however, leopard should, for me, be in the form of boxy jumpers, scarves and dresses. I don't like it as a bottom half pattern normally, I wanna see it up top with my fake gold earrings and lippy. Genuinely that is what I wear.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
"For the first 500 of their beautiful seasonal gifts sets that are sold they will donate 500 to us to share with our charity partners"
And they are...?

• Sad
Reactions: 6
This is shoddy as duck for a UK charity. Also doesn't credit wherever it was nicked from.

View attachment 453891
I wonder if this is in response to our discussion here about supporting NHS staff rather than ordinary broke people experiencing hygiene poverty? 🤔

🤤 LOVE nasi goreng. It's so easy to make too. Did you end up having it tonight? You've inspired me to do it tomorrow I think.
I did! I adapted a recipe by Gordon Ramsay (which is Uncle Roger approved 🤣) and Pai’s kitchen. It turned out great. I didn’t have any terasi/Indonesian shrimp paste do I mashed some anchovies in a pestle and mortar with shallots. Worked well, I think.

I did NOT even think about trying Jamie Oliver’s “healthier” version. I’m glad he got dragged for that on YouTube.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
It’s very very easy - I do not know how authentic it is.

roast a pork roast. Eat all the crackling without telling anyone in the house. Just sit there, with some salt and your crackling and eat it all up.

When you’ve stopped feeling sick, get a wok out. Use oil with a high burning point - sunflower or whatever. Chop up an onion and fry it. Put some chopped garlic in. When the onion and garlic have softened add the pork meat (Chop the meat into cubes first) then some ground cumin (2-3 tsp) and ground coriander (half a teaspoon). Then add light soy sauce and smooth peanut butter (about 4 tablespoons of peanut butter and maybe two of soy)

Before you start with the onion, boil some long grain rice (I use boil in the bag because I’m tit at rice) and hang onto it - put it in the wok after the meat/soy sauce/peanut butter.

then defrost a cup of frozen petit pois and Chuck them in. Stir it all up and try to not let the peanut butter burn and stick to the wok. Taste it and add more soy if you need it.

When it’s all hot, put it in bowls.

get an egg - whisk it up with soy, sugar and a bit of water. Fry it in a frying pan as thin as you can like a pancake. Shred it.

chop up raw tomatoes (baby plum ones are good).

Put the eggy stuff and raw tomato on top of the dirty rice stuff. Add a big spiral of sriracha.

Eat.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

roast a pork roast. Eat all the crackling without telling anyone in the house. Just sit there, with some salt and your crackling and eat it all up.

When you’ve stopped feeling sick, get a wok out. Use oil with a high burning point - sunflower or whatever. Chop up an onion and fry it. Put some chopped garlic in. When the onion and garlic have softened add the pork meat (Chop the meat into cubes first) then some ground cumin (2-3 tsp) and ground coriander (half a teaspoon). Then add light soy sauce and smooth peanut butter (about 4 tablespoons of peanut butter and maybe two of soy)

Before you start with the onion, boil some long grain rice (I use boil in the bag because I’m tit at rice) and hang onto it - put it in the wok after the meat/soy sauce/peanut butter.

then defrost a cup of frozen petit pois and Chuck them in. Stir it all up and try to not let the peanut butter burn and stick to the wok. Taste it and add more soy if you need it.

get an egg - whisk it up with soy, sugar and a bit of water. Fry it in a frying pan as thin as you can like a pancake. Shred it.

Put the eggy stuff and raw tomato on top of the dirty rice stuff. Add a big spiral of sriracha.

Eat.
This is interesting. I have spent a lot of time trying to find a good recipe for Nasi Goreng (after eating the Indomie Mi Goreng noodles) and not one of them suggested or included peanut butter! 🤔

Reactions: 1
I wonder if this is in response to our discussion here about supporting NHS staff rather than ordinary broke people experiencing hygiene poverty? 🤔
Sorry, this is from a while ago Oct 2019. Didn't realise I'd not included date on screenshot.

Reactions: 3

When
you’ve stopped feeling sick, get a wok out. Use oil with a high burning point - sunflower or whatever. Chop up an onion and fry it. Put some chopped garlic in. When the onion and garlic have softened add the pork meat (Chop the meat into cubes first) then some ground cumin (2-3 tsp) and ground coriander (half a teaspoon). Then add light soy sauce and smooth peanut butter (about 4 tablespoons of peanut butter and maybe two of soy)

Eat.
Love it! I bet you a year's worth of beige Hush lounge wear that the recipes from Sali's Life Lessons book will not be written as well or as joyfully as this.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I live in docs. Apart from solivair everything else looks like a try hard knock off.
I also love leopard print and Red lipstick, however, leopard should, for me, be in the form of boxy jumpers, scarves and dresses. I don't like it as a bottom half pattern normally, I wanna see it up top with my fake gold earrings and lippy. Genuinely that is what I wear.
You sound like my spirit animal. @Bazaar99

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.