Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

melfish

VIP Member
Looks sickly sweet

They've recently lifted the ban on Kinder Surprise here (though they are called Kinder Egg). French cheeses still verboten

Can buy a semiautomatic at Walmart though. This country is ridiculous

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
Same! If I ever needed a new product I would search 'moisturiser Sali Hughes' and look at her recommendations. I can't believe it now! I wouldn't trust her recommendations now, more like if she advertises something it puts me off.
This was exactly what I’d do. Wouldn’t dream of it now. I remember when the columns started getting suss, lists of stuff she’d not mentioned etc.. the fact that she’s not just disingenuous, but a rude snippy bitch on top is just incredible

Reactions: 13

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
What I don't get is that why brands are looking at how she replies to commenters and still think "yeah I want to pay her to promote our product".

Side note, someone on Twitter recently posted something like "if writing a work email you should sign it off with cheers and your name and nothing else"

Cheers is way too informal and inappropriate for a work email. I just feel like social media has made people speak far too informally and that's reflected in how Sali replies to her commenters. She's a brand and an influencer, stuff like 'nope' is just not appropriate. No one needs to be all like Sir or Madam or whatever but come on, some courtesy should be extended!

• Heart
Reactions: 12

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
There was a lot of normalising of underage girls being sexually active with older men on GTL/SHB. What would be clearly seen as grooming. FeeBee and others were keen to say it was all fine. Along the lines of what normal guy would say no.
Grim, victim-blaming shit.
There was, but do you remember the crap Caroline Flack got for going out with a younger guy (who wasn’t underage)? Sali is such a fucking hypocrite.

• Sad
  • Wow

cholulamare

Chatty Member
I did some deep research and found it
So weird, I don't think that comment is showing for me - I must have the person blocked or vice versa?

Perfume on the mantelpiece that *does spoil* but makes her happy to look at? Sustainability champion Hughes does it again!

• Heart
  • Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
It's also against Tattle rules isn't it? If we keep it here it's not 'trolling'- not that commenting with mild comments is trolling either but you know what I mean.

Mazerati

Chatty Member
I'm gonna come out and say that in my opinion if anyone is a tattle member and they go and comment on Sali's posts with stuff we've discussed then it's kind of pissing in the popcorn. We don't need to give Snip Snippety extra fodder.

Also the last guardian article...she's so obsessed with speaking to Guardian readers as if they are decidedly only Gen X and above. Very weird obsession with distinguishing herself from millennials and younger. So she's a White middle class Gen X going on Boomer in the Guardian, but then appropriates Gen Z and POC language on twitter. That's very much having her cake and eating it.
Just to add, I'm reflecting on my own writing/texting/social media posting style and I appreciate that we all absorb so much of what's out there that one can easily slip into a vernacular that isn't ours without even realising it. I frequently code switch depending on my platform and maybe seeing Sali do it and it jarring me is because I see myself do it too. I too, probably need to be more aware of the way I speak/write/adopt other people's language and phrasing and ensure it doesn't veer into disrespectful territory.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
But being nice is not a bad trait or a sign of weakness or being a pushover. She's unnecessarily snippy even with polite responses/ comments

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Somehow her cheap crisps article is having another run around on Twitter...

AFE8CEB9-6F53-462F-B669-0E3ADA0E19EF.jpeg

#comforting #unpretentious #UNpretentious??!

• Haha
  • Sick

The Dowager

Chatty Member
I couldn't get further than the 'I'm not going to write any more book today' line in today's video. She writes her Guardian column as if she's paid by the hyphen, and yet dodges whole words and the letter 's' like me dodging the salad at a buffet.

Just talk normally about make-up like you used to Sali, it's all I ask!

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
She is just so obsessed with Tattle that anyone who comments on any of her social channels with something that is not OMG you're so amazing, they're immediately branded a troll and from the 'sewer'

• Sad

melfish

VIP Member
I am sure there are authentic Indian restaurants in Brighton, aside from culturally appropriated ones like the Chilli Pickle

• Sad

melfish

VIP Member
To be fair, I don’t know why that person felt the need to say what they did, but I don’t know what the point of replying is either 🤷‍♀️
She responded because her ego is fragile. I'm not sure why you'd take that so personally otherwise. Someone's opinion of a beach you happen to live near should not threaten your sense of self 🤷‍♀️

Particularly when all day every day people are telling you how great you are

Last edited: