Sali Hughes #28 See thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here to do a FeeBee and “defend” Bowie - in relation to Lori Mattix the story is inconsistent and Mattix herself has changed her account a few times. I don’t think there are a collection of 15 year olds (like in the case of John Peel) well I hope not. I’m sure if there are I will find out really soon....
I’m not going to do a deep dive as I can’t face it, but there are definitely more reports re Bowie. Including from crew as witnesses, iirc.

And as for Mattix changing her account - I’m not surprised! She was reportedly just 14 and there was a hell of a power imbalance. The pressures on her must have been huge. This piece notably skips over Bowie, but is very telling:

9D0D705F-6EDD-44CC-94F0-0F2BDE152AC5.jpeg

B89AD2DF-19EA-4199-8E10-DE62BB09D33A.jpeg

I adored Bowie and was gutted. I admit I kind of brushed it off at first.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I have deep dived the Bowie stuff, I’d say it’s less strong than the Peel stuff. Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen, but less consistent and first person evidence.
In any case, the societal attitude has changed apart from where Sali and co are.

Reactions: 2
Only mention of CF on GTL (now) is in regards to her death, and her once having worn shorts to a wedding (much pearl-clutching over that)
Oh, and this by a rando in 2012: "Just seen Caroline Flack and Carol Vorderman double cougar." But oddly no likes or comments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Interesting! I thought it was the Jake guy, the photographer. I'm sure she named him once in an article but The Pool disappearing means my deep research is not possible.

http://www.salihughesbeauty.com/columns/merry-christmas-2/ says she's knowing him since she was 16 here. I suspect some fudging of that.
Definitely not the photographer you mean. They are clearly still friends as he has done photos for her books etc
The situation with the bloke she moved in with in London was clearly abusive. We only need to know her age to know this. I'm not saying anyine here is (have only skimmed comments) but this could get into dodgy territory. Sali has obviously referred to whst happened a few times but us discussing the ins and outs here feels a bit off. She was 15. It's for her to talk about.
But jusr wanted to clarify definitely not the person you're thinking of.

Reactions: 6
I have deep dived the Bowie stuff, I’d say it’s less strong than the Peel stuff. Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen, but less consistent and first person evidence.
In any case, the societal attitude has changed apart from where Sali and co are.
I don’t think we need to compare him to Peel. And yes, I’ve deep-dived before, but can’t face it again tonight.

Reactions: 3
Oh, and this by a rando in 2012: "Just seen Caroline Flack and Carol Vorderman double cougar." But oddly no likes or comments
A lot of people deleted their alias accounts once the forum opened. if they had started threads on FB, anything that Sali and co subsequently added to it would be also deleted once the accounts and all posts associated with them were gone. That would explain why the Caroline flack comments are no longer there. I distinctly remember lots of biting criticism of flack in respect of her fling with Styles.

• Sad
And as for Mattix changing her account - I’m not surprised! She was reportedly just 14 and there was a hell of a power imbalance. The pressures on her must have been huge.
I adored Bowie and was gutted. I admit I kind of brushed it off at first.
I’m with you on this, I also love Bowie (and other rockstars/bands)but as much as I love the art I can’t defend the actions. Yes, she might have thought it was what she wanted but the point is she wasn’t an adult and the adult in the situation had the responsibility to say no. There were surely lots of groupies of age hanging around.

ETA: my point is, how can FeeBee so so THICK!?!?!? Would she be fine if her 14 year old child came home and said she slept with Drake?

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
God the point is being missed so much by FeeBee... yes the UNDERAGE girls might have been into it, but they were still underage and were more than likely manipulated however subtlety ... flattered, wooed, coerced etc. That’s the point - the power in balance with a MAN. 😬

• Angry
Reactions: 16
Oh and if you get into debt it's because you have no common sense. That's another of her amazing takes.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
God the point is being missed so much by FeeBee... yes the UNDERAGE girls might have been into it, but they were still underage and were more than likely manipulated however subtlety ... flattered, wooed, coerced etc. That’s the point - the power in balance with a MAN. 😬
EXACTLY. It’s called grooming! JFC! 🤯🤯🤯

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
FFS - it's so strange reading it now.
:sick: LOL at paedophilia?
By her logic I'm sure at about 13 I thought I wanted to have sex (whatever I thought that might be - I had no real idea obviously) with one of my male school teachers. So Feebee seems to be saying that would be OK? As long as I 'wanted it' and he didn't actually attack me?
I am utterly amazed those comments were allowed on a forum. Who tf was moderating? I sincerely hope nobody 'liked' them.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Isn't FeeBee a mod? I have no clue. I only joined after here, to see what goes on there 😃

• Haha
:sick: LOL at paedophilia?
By her logic I'm sure at about 13 I thought I wanted to have sex (whatever I thought that might be - I had no real idea obviously) with one of my male school teachers. So Feebee seems to be saying that would be OK? As long as I 'wanted it' and he didn't actually attack me?
I am utterly amazed those comments were allowed on a forum. Who tf was moderating? I sincerely hope nobody 'liked' them.
I think FeeBee was a mod? Honestly I can’t believe she would say that. It’s almost “pick me” behaviour, agreeing with the mans side to look cool. She probably thinks women who wear short skirts are asking for it as well.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Some of the forum threads that @GTL Old-Timer shared n earlier threads were eye opening for how the mods behaved. Can't remember the details but when I read them at the time @GTL Old-Timer put them up I was gobsmacked.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
But then I remember her comments after the Caitlin Moran/Lena Dunham debacle. Behaved dreadfully.

But then I remember her comments after the Caitlin Moran/Lena Dunham debacle. Behaved dreadfully.
Who? Sali or Feebee?
I am really like an annoying dog with a bone but as an adjunct I keep pondering Sali's insistence that people here were turfed off GTL because they were racist. Hence the animosity toward her. I really really wish she would provide proof for this - even blocking out the names but just showing the message. It is such an awful slur and goes unchallenged whenever she pops up to talk about this terrible place.

Reactions: 7
Was that when, in addition to swerving the issue of CM’s privilege, Sali got very confused about what libel meant?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.