Sali Hughes #26 Lipstick, lube and liberalism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also had trays custom-made at one point and used the little vials of peroxide, but it was a faff and the results were no better

Now I’m tempted to try them again, I never learn 🤣
Maybe prime your nerves with some Sensodyne for a while prior? I don't know if that will help significantly

I should add, all bets are off when I am on the plonk (booze of choice is red wine)

Reactions: 3
I’ve found it really interesting seeing men in my sector age as well, and I think some of it can be explained by lockdown forcing many men to take on elements of household management and childcare that they didn’t have to up until they were at home more. Welcome to domestic and emotional labour weighing on your actual paid work, gentlemen. Enjoy the under-eye shadows.
I hadn't thought of that, but that must be it, mustn't it? No more skipping off to the office for some nice, grown up chat all day, and then coming home to a nice cooked meal. Brilliant.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Alorra men still living that dream - with a side of mistress in the City (office, usually Marketing dept). I seen it with my eyes.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
She would excuse going to Dubai by saying she said she would never 'holiday' there. Work trips whatevs are different.
of course, she would go and feign joy if someone was paying her to go. She must surely be out of shame by now.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I believe it was about the use of tretinoin. Maybe others here will remember more clearly.
She said that only people authorised to prescribe tretinoin should give advice as how to apply it. Think she had a beef with CH and the reference in her book about tret application although it wasn’t directly mentioned.
Thing is lots of people get tret from OTC like I did when I went on holiday to Canary Islands (God, seems totally like a distant past but never mind🥺). So maybe useful advice to some.

Reactions: 3
Alorra men still living that dream - with a side of mistress in the City (office, usually Marketing dept). I seen it with my eyes.
Yeah, I work with some of them. I love to think they’re missing their mistresses and having to pull their weight for once 😀.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Disclaimer: I’m no SqualorVictoria, and I’m well through a bottle of red (RIP any residual glow) 🤷🏻‍♀️ but our Sal has shared her latest dispatch...

As a journalist, one sometimes has to put one’s own moral code to one side for one’s craft. And so I found myself in the unexpectedly pleasing environs of a thankfully chilly, heavily air-conditioned mall in Dubai. I have long said that I would never holiday in Dubai, but when my dear friend Charlene Tilbollocks decided to launch her new line, OrgasmoDrip™️, in the world’s largest mall, I had to join her in the name of female solidarity. I never let my sisters down, innit. As an arctic-pale Celt who has only very recently converted to all shades sand, dune and baby shite, I was hesitant. I needn’t have been. The temperature was maintained at a bracing 14 degrees, enabling me to remain cozily snuggled into my beloved Hush® Sophia cable knitwear. As a passionate advocate for sustainability, I was heartily cheered by the revelation of Tilbollocks’ new reusable widget, a truly ground-breaking gizmo that can be seamlessly transferred between all products in her new capsule mini range™️. A truly novel new development that the beauty industry has long called for. I then popped into the Fenty concession but meh. We retreated poolside for some well-deserved and mollifying Irish coffees.

* I PAID FOR EVERYTHING YOU PICKY witches
** Yes Tilbollocks owns my craven soul but I paid for EVERYTHING (excludes flights, hotels and samples of capsule collection™️)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Why does she hate Fenty so much? It basically kicked the industry into creating proper shade ranges for all colours of skin and Rihanna’s video tutorials are charming. Did they not kindly gift her something to review?

Reactions: 9
Extra points for the use of needn't, @Disillusioned :ROFLMAO:. Brilliant.

Why does she hate Fenty so much? It basically kicked the industry into creating proper shade ranges for all colours of skin and Rihanna’s video tutorials are charming. Did they not kindly gift her something to review?
I assume the Fenty bunch are more of the "Sally who?" brigade.

• Haha
Yeah, I work with some of them. I love to think they’re missing their mistresses and having to pull their weight for once 😀.
This reminds of a story I saw on the local news here. There was a period where when we left the house we needed a signed declaration form in case we got stopped by the local police. One man got pulled over during the curfew time (so no one should be out at all barring emergencies etc). His reason for being out on his form was "My wife is driving me mad, I'm going to visit my lover".

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
All this enforced togetherness reminds me of a phenomenon of increasing late in life divorce in Japan I read an article about. The famously dedicated salaryman who works all the hours retires, stays at home getting in his wife’s way and annoying her and she kicks him out.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It's true though. If you're used to having the place to yourself for most of the day, having a cranky, retired husband getting underfoot suddenly, disrupting the usual flow of your day, would be so bleeping enraging.

My mum is awful to my dad now he's at home more. She can't adjust to the fact that it his his house too and he is allowed to be in it.

• Sad
It's true though. If you're used to having the place to yourself for most of the day, having a cranky, retired husband getting underfoot suddenly, disrupting the usual flow of your day, would be so bleeping enraging.
Welcome to my life. Husband was in an international role, travelling all over Asia 70% of the time. Since the start of March last year he has been having blaring loud meetings in the home study all day long. I'm getting a nervous eye twitch listening to him. It's been great for our son on the other hand to see so much of his dad..

ETA: sorry I'm not complaining, I have a good life. I would just like to be alone in the house again. Sometime in the near future.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.