Sali Hughes #26 Lipstick, lube and liberalism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I definitely think we age in 'jumps' rather than in a linear way. Obviously there is The Menopause (NB: Sali isn't there yet) but there are other, less obvious, jumps. I think the years that end in 5 are 'jump years' and you suddenly look that bit older.
Somebody told me a few years ago (and this isn't a hard and fast rule obvs) that oddly specifically 46 is a real game changer. Oh how I laughed and poo pooed it as I looked relatively young and trim. But blimey they were right. So wierd.
All to do with menopause I know even if it hasn't manifested itself overtly. Things do even out and get better, but it is like puberty in that your body suddenly seems out of your control for a while. What you did normally to feel good isn't enough any more.
It does get better.

Reactions: 8
All this talk about ageing is depressing me a bit!

I don't want to start dreading birthdays! Things will inevitably change for all of us but stressing about it surely won't help

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Lots of "tweakment" Dr's do spells out there.

If Dr Frances Prenna Jones did a season, I'm sure Dubai could become a writing retreat v fast...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think ageing isn't simply linear. Sometimes stress, like bereavement, job loss or illness, or this year of Covid can seem to accelerate how we feel we've aged. I found that I looked roughly the same for a good few years then abruptly, a couple of years ago I felt it all suddenly caught up with me almost overnight.
Yep. I got away with it for years because of my good skin genes #kindlygifted by my mum and gran. But now I'm starting to look my age and Covid has helped everything gallop forward hasn't it? It's a very small consolation that everyone else looks a bit crap too. I don't mean technical details like grooming or weight or dressing well - there's just a lack of spark, a kind of dullness that's covered everyone. Just the hum of a year of stress and uncertainty, even if you're one of the luckier ones. I hope we'll all have our sparkle back, or the snake-oil purveyors will have a field day after this😵

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She would excuse going to Dubai by saying she said she would never 'holiday' there. Work trips whatevs are different.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
They do help with staining but they made my teeth really sensitive, so I couldn’t do the full course. I do have stupidly temperamental teeth though!
Same here, when I tried them my teeth got so sensitive I couldn't touch paper with my hands without cringing - I know that doesn't make any sense but it's what happened! They're supposed to be great if you can tolerate them, though.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
She knows “next to nothing” about the Olsen twins? Sorry, what? Probably the most famous and highly paid child actors in the world? Have had a really well-respected fashion brand for well over a decade? Fashion icons whose lives are in the news (Sarkozy divorce, anyone?).

I’m sorry but this is Sali doing a performative centrist dad “Who are the Kardashians?” act. There’s no pride in being a lifestyle journalist who doesn’t know who is who in popular culture.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Thread suggestion : Hush, Sali the Journo knows next to nothing about very famous people.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Yep. I got away with it for years because of my good skin genes #kindlygifted by my mum and gran. But now I'm starting to look my age and Covid has helped everything gallop forward hasn't it? It's a very small consolation that everyone else looks a bit crap too. I don't mean technical details like grooming or weight or dressing well - there's just a lack of spark, a kind of dullness that's covered everyone. Just the hum of a year of stress and uncertainty, even if you're one of the luckier ones. I hope we'll all have our sparkle back, or the snake-oil purveyors will have a field day after this😵
Yes! I'd only say this anonymously, but I mostly work with men, and they all without exception look LOADS older than they did back in March. It's very visible. I think they'd be shocked to see me as well, but I was really struck by it in my last video meeting.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Lots of "tweakment" Dr's do spells out there.

If Dr Frances Prenna Jones did a season, I'm sure Dubai could become a writing retreat v fast...
Dr Natalia Spierings, who very publicly clashed with Hirons, seems to spend half her time there. Who is this Caroline Labouchere, Dubai based influencer who seems to act as her cheerleader in chief?

Reactions: 3
Yes! I'd only say this anonymously, but I mostly work with men, and they all without exception look LOADS older than they did back in March. It's very visible. I think they'd be shocked to see me as well, but I was really struck by it in my last video meeting.
I’ve found it really interesting seeing men in my sector age as well, and I think some of it can be explained by lockdown forcing many men to take on elements of household management and childcare that they didn’t have to up until they were at home more. Welcome to domestic and emotional labour weighing on your actual paid work, gentlemen. Enjoy the under-eye shadows.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Dr Natalia Spierings, who very publicly clashed with Hirons, seems to spend half her time there. Who is this Caroline Labouchere, Dubai based influencer who seems to act as her cheerleader in chief?
Ooo what did they clash about? The unnecessary shilling of the 20-step Hirons routine?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Do those crest strips really work?
I would never use them on consecutive days as they recommend. I do one when I notice my teeth looking a bit darker, maybe once a month. My dentist told me not to go any lighter or my teeth will start to look translucent and fake. I didn't believe him, so he pulled out his little tooth chart and showed me where mine fell on the shade range and they were indeed right there at the whitest end. This is all from Crest strips alone

These are the ones I use
Crest strips

Reactions: 5
I couldn’t breathe through my mouth without pain when I used them!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.