Sali Hughes #26 Lipstick, lube and liberalism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just catching up - I think I’ve gone for 2 days without looking at tattle... madness! 🤣

Anyway, I agree with the nuface chat - I went hard in lockdown one and lockdown three arrived along with full time mothering, schooling, working, cooking, cleaning in between mini breakdowns / exhausted down days and I just haven’t used it for a couple of months. I’m going to do an experiment and take some pictures of my face to compare for the next couple of weeks. I don’t have injectables or anything else (other than skincare) so it will be fairly easy to tell if there’s an improvement.
Haven’t bothered to read the column, your reviews are enough.

Also darlings, leopard is a neutral. 😜

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
The faux outrage has me confused. I'm pretty sure she'd wear a #gifted one given the chance
What a wierd hill she has chosen to die on. Why the Olsen twins? So much stuff out there is completely overpriced including her Peleton and Grenson bovver boots. And the £90 heirloom lipstick.
Why the shock at consumerism starting with them?
Very strange.

Reactions: 19
The faux outrage has me confused. I'm pretty sure she'd wear a #gifted one given the chance
they are for people more affluent than her (or me) and I don’t know if they do influencer marketing - few influencers will be able to sell a £2k jumper. I know Susie Bubble is decked out in Chanel but then she is actually a fashion blogger turned journalist rather than an ‘influencer’.I’ve never seen her wear The Row - bit black and plain.

Reactions: 3
If Susie Cave released a 2 grand merino wool and cashmere sweater with the Vampires Wife I don't think Sali would be sneering over it

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
So they are an easy mark who will probably never offer her anything #gifted anyway so she can seem ‘relatable’

#pleasing

Reactions: 18
All that means is that it safe, it doesn’t speak to its effectiveness or to the validity of the claims it makes. (Sorry to pull a post from a few pages back).
It turns out that the claims that the Nuface wasn't really microcurrent were spread by a rival company.

Either way, the device works for me and like everything else in life it will work for some people and not for others!

Reactions: 2
I’ve never used one. I’ve seen them but tbh I’ve got so many hair and face gadgets that I used once or twice and then chucked in a drawer. I knew the same would happen with this one (plus, I’m not convinced on the microcurrent evidence base). The only beauty gadget I’ve bought, loved and used consistently is the sainted lumea.

Reactions: 1
Isn't Sali's whole thing that she never judges what people can and can't afford? She has said that numerous times. It is all relative anyway.
In fashiony circles 2k on a cashmere jumper is not excessive.
Why not take a pop at V Beckham for her daft prices? It is as random.

Reactions: 16
What a wierd hill she has chosen to die on. Why the Olsen twins? So much stuff out there is completely overpriced including her Peleton and Grenson bovver boots. And the £90 heirloom lipstick.
Why the shock at consumerism starting with them?
Very strange.
It really is. And also a teeny tiny hint of the mean girl trait she's so subtlety good at........ As @TriviaNewtonJohn said there's a market for everything and Sali of all people would know that.

Reactions: 8
My face depresses me so much 🙄🔫. I’ve aged 6 years over the last year.
I think ageing isn't simply linear. Sometimes stress, like bereavement, job loss or illness, or this year of Covid can seem to accelerate how we feel we've aged. I found that I looked roughly the same for a good few years then abruptly, a couple of years ago I felt it all suddenly caught up with me almost overnight.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I definitely think we age in 'jumps' rather than in a linear way. Obviously there is The Menopause (NB: Sali isn't there yet) but there are other, less obvious, jumps. I think the years that end in 5 are 'jump years' and you suddenly look that bit older.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.