Sali Hughes #26 Lipstick, lube and liberalism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If the jacket potato chapter doesn’t discuss actual jackets it’ll be opportunity missed.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She’s welcome to it with my blessing. The novels I’m writing don’t need beginners cooking instructions to pad the word count 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I've a horrible feeling her cheap vs posh crisps hard hitting debate might rear its ugly head again in her book.
She seems very proud of that.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Is she definitely being paid by Skin & Me? If so that is awful. I also find it hard to believe, with all her masses of free stuff and access to experts, she would hand over her skincare to a relatively random online thingy (if I have grasped what it is all about).
I wonder if it is her decision or The Guardian's she writes so little for them now - off again next week.
I believe that Jo Jones, who she does beauty banks with, is doing their beauty PR. Jo also does Beauty hags on YT with Nadine B and she was going on about them the other week too!!

Reactions: 6
It's like when someone asks her about a product, instead of answering directly, she'll stay something like, "I wrote a whole Guardian column on it". So helpful
The way to reply to a helpful response like that is “oh sorry, I thought you were an expert and would know the answer off the top of your head” 👍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Can't stand those "check the Guardian" style comments, why have a social media presence if you're just going to talk at people and not engage? Blue tickers get a totally different response too, she practically offers to hand deliver products

Reactions: 13
She’s welcome to it with my blessing. The novels I’m writing don’t need beginners cooking instructions to pad the word count 😅
I bet it will feature a large font size and extra roomy leading too

• Haha
Reactions: 6
When more people like a pic of a jacket spud than your last casual shoulder exposing selfie or your humble brag charity post it's time to have a little think about what you are doing with your life...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I bet it will feature a large font size and extra roomy leading too

Chapter 4

Potatoes

There is nothing better than a baked potato and I believe this to be fact.

Seriously, who will sacrifice themselves when this masterpiece comes out?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Chapter 4

Potatoes

There is nothing better than a baked potato and I believe this to be fact.

Seriously, who will sacrifice themselves when this masterpiece comes out?
“My husband, Dan, who is a mensch and an excellent shag, asks me to make him a baked potato, almost as often as he requests a trip to our friends at The Chilli Pickle. Pleasing.”

(edited to add extra Sali)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.