Sali Hughes #26 Lipstick, lube and liberalism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So far we have minestrone soup and jacket potato recipes and a "repurposed" Pool article about not being able to find anything to wear on the high street (well remembered @Aude ). Struggling to see the connection.
That article did mention "eating dresses", a concept SH and erstwhile friend India used to yap on about, so perhaps it's something to do with that.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
So far we have minestrone soup and jacket potato recipes and a "repurposed" Pool article about not being able to find anything to wear on the high street (well remembered @Aude ). Struggling to see the connection.
That article did mention "eating dresses", a concept SH and erstwhile friend India used to yap on about, so perhaps it's something to do with that.
Does this mean there are dresses one can't eat in?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
She’s totally “trolling” this thread.

Interestingly (or not) I had a baked potato for lunch today with cheese and beans. No marmite though 🙄.
Riveting, I know.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh duck OFF. I'm sure she wants a baked potato now, not next year. How hard would it be to reply with a tip instead of/as well as some self promotion.
It's like when someone asks her about a product, instead of answering directly, she'll stay something like, "I wrote a whole Guardian column on it". So helpful

Whatever the book is, it sounds totally self-indulgent and narcissistic

Reactions: 14
Whoever said upthread the book would be a pisspoor Nora Ephron tribute must be right.
Recipes (I use that term loosely) that helped her through life or some such bollocks. Accompanied by anecdotes, possibly with input from her oh so tight knit group of girlfriends.
(Can't wait tbh 😂).

No doubt it will contain lots of personal stories which if commented on here will be classed as bullying - 'They implied I only eat jacket potatoes'.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Nearly 6000 people have liked her picture of a potato 🥔

I really do bleeping despair sometimes.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
She needs to hire a proper photographer for her books because the food pics she takes don't make me want to try her recipes.

• Haha
Do you think the book could be something like 'vaguely thinking about being vegetarian? Let me show you how easy I found it'
That sort of thing?

"Pretty Potato"

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Do you think the book could be something like 'vaguely thinking about being vegetarian? Let me show you how easy I found it'
That sort of thing?

"Pretty Potato"
Should be the title of MY autobiography tbf.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm pretty sure Dolly Alderton said she got slated over the simplicity of the recipes she included in her book (if I recall, she included a recipe for Mac & Cheese, can't remember the rest). I would *really* hate to see the same thing happen to Sali...😀

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.