Sali Hughes #26 Lipstick, lube and liberalism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It also makes me hate myself a bit as I'm doing it because, really, why am I fighting ageing, a perfectly natural and inevitable thing? Why am I seeing it as some kind of personal failing, you know? duck society and its cult of youth

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don't feel guilty about using devices or skincare. I genuinely enjoy it. Am not trying to look 25 again as that's impossible. Nothing wrong with wanting to look ones best

Reactions: 7
But when best is equated with youthful, I do think that's problematic. Well, it is for me, at least

YMMV

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't feel guilty about using devices or skincare. I genuinely enjoy it. Am not trying to look 25 again as that's impossible. Nothing wrong with wanting to look ones best
Oh no, I agree, but I just feel so down about it (for me, not for you 😀).

Reactions: 3
The NuFace is literally a device to fight gravity. Newton would have a conniption 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
A
It also makes me hate myself a bit as I'm doing it because, really, why am I fighting ageing, a perfectly natural and inevitable thing? Why am I seeing it as some kind of personal failing, you know? duck society and its cult of youth
Am with you. And also googling injectibles. Fml.

Reactions: 5
I really want some fillers, but a) I wouldn’t take the risk right now even if I could and b) only my husband and I would see them really... (and (c) they’re bleeping expensive)

So all I really need to do is cover all the mirrors in the house.

• Haha
My face depresses me so much 🙄🔫. I’ve aged 6 years over the last year.
1. I bet you haven’t but feel same
2. Do you have any fake tan drops? One drop is enough to even out skin tone without giving noticeable tan vibes.
3. Crest whitening strips (online from eBay) are SO effective and white teeth are always cheering
4. Do you take any oil supplements? I feel like evening primrose oil really helps with ashy dryness I’m prone to which makes me look unwell.
5. Never, ever look in a magnifying mirror in direct daylight. Ever. For any reason. EVER.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
On the sustainable packaging - I think part of the problem is that people don’t stick to the same product over and over. So unless brands work together to standardise packaging, so that pumps can be reused, even the reusable elements are unlikely to be so.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
2. Do you have any fake tan drops? One drop is enough to even out skin tone without giving noticeable tan vibes.
3. Crest whitening strips (online from eBay) are SO effective and white teeth are always cheering
4. Do you take any oil supplements? I feel like evening primrose oil really helps with ashy dryness I’m prone to which makes me look unwell.
5. Never, ever look in a magnifying mirror in direct daylight. Ever. For any reason. EVER.
Co-sign all these reccomendations!

Magnifying mirrors are the worst
(I don't even own one anymore, just go like 2 inches away from my bathroom mirror and wield my tweezers with mixed-ability 😄)

I'm 28, so I guess at the more preventative end of things? But I don't really think of it as preventing signs of aging, more just wanting to get older 'gracefully' and still feel happy with what I see in the mirror. I haven't done any needles yet, but am thinking the first would be kybella in the chin - I have a lot of weight to lose, so it will be my treat to myself if the weightloss alone (and my nuface!) doesn't improve things.

Reactions: 3
Oooh thank you for this x going to give myself a little boost this week by trying these top tips.
I don't have a magnifying mirror but my danger zone is that vanity mirror in the sun shield inside my car. I lift the little flap on that and find that my chin hair has sprouted to the point that I have a look of Noel Edmunds about me....

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.