Sali Hughes #25 Gifted. I try very hard to pay but she will not have it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this the side effect of those ring lights, that you are so blinded by the brightness of the LEDs you have no idea whether your foundation is the right shade or not?!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Haha yes Sali's hair does not suit being longer does it. So wispy.
I went off Hadley Freeman when she was such a total witch about Jennifer Aniston and Reece Witherspoon. Called them 'show ponies' for turning up to an interview with her looking smart and glamorous.
She also became affronted with RW when she would not go in to details about any #metoo Hollywood experiences she may have had.
Her cringy fawning anecdotes about SH's potato mean duck all.
She has a cheek. She's always such a keen defender of Woody Allen and never misses an opportunity to cast doubt on Dylan Farrow's allegations of sexual abuse against him. Only some #MeToo seem to matter to Hadders. Just not if they involve her favourite director.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Is this the side effect of those ring lights, that you are so blinded by the brightness of the LEDs you have no idea whether your foundation is the right shade or not?!
That would make sense seeing as she’s also left under eye concealer and the tit show of that Vieve diorrheoa eye shadow unblended and shoddy.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
On Elizabeth Day's 'How to Fail' podcast Ella didn't name Hadley out of politeness, but referred to her and said how incredibly upset it had made her feel.
OT and I haven't heard that episode but Elizabeth Day is such a good interviewer. I think she'd be perfect for Desert Island Discs.

Reactions: 5
Completely different style but both her and Adam Buxton get brilliant stuff out of their guests by establishing a rapport and having a relaxed chat.

Reactions: 3
Watched 90 seconds of luxury candle video. Can report that jewellery is piled on like the mule in Buckaroo. Can't afford any of the candles so fingers crossed for a discount code for some tea lights from Home and Bargain in the sequel... Candles for Povs. Should arrive by easter if she posts soon...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I did note Mr Sali Hughes weak dilute of faint praise for his McCartney interview. I thought it was really ungenerous. Last night's interview (sorry Idris) showed how good AB's is.

Reactions: 2
Btw on a very lose beauty note has anyone ever used one of those rubber scalp scrubby things you use when washing your hair? Apparently meant to promote healthy strong hair growth? I keep being recommended one called a Scalpy on FB. Help! I think I'm being influenced.
I've been using one for the last few months and made a massive difference. My scalp used to get itchy and no longer does. Also noticed it makes my hair feel thicker. I just bought a denman one in Superdrug for about 4 quid

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm no expert but I am inclined to agree with Dr Spierings here - but that's simply because what she says is the advice I've always read: start with 0.025% and if that's too strong don't use it every day, build up gradually.

When I read, a while ago, SH saying she was using a Skin+Me prescription with a very low dose of Tretinoin I did wonder what good that could be doing. I'd assume Skin+Me prescribes such a low dose to start with simply because they're playing it very safe as regards trying to avoid initial irritation.

In terms of who to trust though, my understanding is that Dr Spierings is - or was - connected with the brand Dermatica, which I think was the only online skincare prescription service until Skin+Me came along. I'm pretty sure 0.025% is the lowest strength Tretinoin that Dermatica prescribes. I think she's likely to be right that there isn't research showing its efficacy below 0.025%.

I get my prescription - currently, Tretinoin 0.1% + Niacinamide 4% + Azelaic Acid 4% - from Dermatica and I've been very happy with the service. I think the monthly cost is around the same as Skin+Me.
My derm knows my skin in person, so when I asked about tret a couple of years ago he started me on 0.05% and told me to work up from a couple of nights a week. It costs me more than a subscription would as I have to pay out of pocket, but I know what I'm getting is pharmacy strength, FDA-approved and all that rot.

I'd never heard of that - looks interesting.

I once - several years ago - had Botox injected in my upper lip. It wasn't for this 'lip flip' but my then aesthetic doctor suggested it as a way of improving the little vertical lines on my upper lip. The Botox affecting the movement of the mouth made me dribble - and I couldn't pronounce 'p' and 'b' properly afterwards either.

Talking of upper lips lines - if anyone's interested - I think Tretinoin has really improved mine. They used to be the one thing that bothered me most. Apart from that failed experiment with Botox, for a few years I used to have a tiny bit of filler but it made my mouth look a bit 'done'. Recently, however, I've noticed that they're not really there anymore. I don't use Nuface or micro-needling there (because I can be prone to cold sores) and my LED mask doesn't have lights in that area, so Tretinoin is the only thing I can put the improvement down to.
Those little vertical lines bother me too. You have given me hope. I think mine are exacerbated by sleeping on my side. I am trying to train myself to sell on my back, but it's a struggle. The wedge as recommended by Angie is too uncomfortable for me

My only issue with her (there did have to be one) is she never declares gifts, etc. and is firmly on the Missoma tat bus.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.