Sali Hughes #24 She's gone totally QVC.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s because she only has a dash of milk in her strong tea.
sorry Sal, it isn’t. I too have very strong tea, which I drink a LOT, also black coffee and my tongue does not remotely resemble yours. Plus, if you are now aware of it, could you not give it a wee brush or something before you film. It looks rank.

She really thinks we would approach her and shout at her in the street. Good Lord firstly not that many people gossip about you hun. There's like what 30 of us here max?

She's really thinks she's big enough to have celeb hate stalker status.
her hugely over inflated ego strikes again.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Exactly what Jade Mitzi said. I never have milk in my (admittedly) green tea and it's a pleasant pink colour.

Edit: I'm sorry that's still gross isn't it? What is it about tongues which seems a bit grim or sexual?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I wouldn’t look at her if she was stood in front of me nevermind call her out in the street. The ego.

Last edited:
Hi, I’ve done a review of the BBC R4 Documentary – Me & My Trolls that I figure some of the members of this discussion thread may be interested in watching. I’ll come back on Saturday in case anyone has any questions etc but before you watch it I thought I should say a couple of things.

I first found Tattle.Life following ‘freaky Friday’ so have been aware of the other side of the story for quite some time. I make videos considering the intersection between ‘hate speech’ and online censorship so, after hearing the File on 4 episode, I felt compelled to return to Tattle and read the Sali Hughes threads in much more detail. The attached video is the outcome of that research.

I sincerely hope that you view it as an act of solidarity for a group of women who I believe have been unfairly portrayed by the BBC as possible hate criminals. In that context please accept your comparison to mean girls and troll-like creatures as both tongue in cheek and something of a back-handed compliment.

Having read the threads my assessment is that you come across as a much more decent and nuanced group of human beings than the sewer rats you have been portrayed to be.

Your hobbies are not my hobbies but one of the things that drew me to your story is that I can very much relate to you as essentially a group of (beauty) nerds simply seeking to openly talk about your mutual interests and concerns. BTW it’s been heartening to read about the friendships that have been formed as a result of all the chatter.

I set your story within the wider context of similar ones that, over recent years, I believe have been exploited by those in favour of introducing extremely draconian online censorship and extending hate crime laws in ways that (as the R4 documentary shows) can be easily misrepresented and abused.

My videos don’t get many views and can be a tad on the long side so at some point I’ll aim to do a shorter summary version of your tale. I appreciate that you may not agree with everything I say but I sincerely hope that you get something positive out of my efforts:

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It’s so annoying this “troll” label. It always makes me think of those hideous people who send sick messages to grieving parents on Facebook. Now she thinks people might approach her in the street? She knows very well that the public will think there’s some kind of 4chan group of MRA’s targeting her. Not a group of women with a Korean skincare obsession and a love of succinct writing and well researched journalism.
We’re more haterz. And in a tiny corner of the internet!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hi, I’ve done a review of the BBC R4 Documentary – Me & My Trolls that I figure some of the members of this discussion thread may be interested in watching. I’ll come back on Saturday in case anyone has any questions etc but before you watch it I thought I should say a couple of things.

I first found Tattle.Life following ‘freaky Friday’ so have been aware of the other side of the story for quite some time. I make videos considering the intersection between ‘hate speech’ and online censorship so, after hearing the File on 4 episode, I felt compelled to return to Tattle and read the Sali Hughes threads in much more detail. The attached video is the outcome of that research.

I sincerely hope that you view it as an act of solidarity for a group of women who I believe have been unfairly portrayed by the BBC as possible hate criminals. In that context please accept your comparison to mean girls and troll-like creatures as both tongue in cheek and something of a back-handed compliment.

Having read the threads my assessment is that you come across as a much more decent and nuanced group of human beings than the sewer rats you have been portrayed to be.

Your hobbies are not my hobbies but one of the things that drew me to your story is that I can very much relate to you as essentially a group of (beauty) nerds simply seeking to openly talk about your mutual interests and concerns. BTW it’s been heartening to read about the friendships that have been formed as a result of all the chatter.

I set your story within the wider context of similar ones that, over recent years, I believe have been exploited by those in favour of introducing extremely draconian online censorship and extending hate crime laws in ways that (as the R4 documentary shows) can be easily misrepresented and abused.

My videos don’t get many views and can be a tad on the long side so at some point I’ll aim to do a shorter summary version of your tale. I appreciate that you may not agree with everything I say but I sincerely hope that you get something positive out of my efforts: EDIA]
I will watch!

Edit: Hold on, 51 minutes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
On cheap bubble bath recommendations, I think she’s recommended the Waitrose own brand floral ones in the past which are a good price.

Reactions: 2
On cheap bubble bath recommendations, I think she’s recommended the Waitrose own brand floral ones in the past which are a good price.
She recommended Mandara Spa , back in the day , which Sainsbury’s used to stock but it’s not there anymore😥 ; the Bali Santi bath oil and shower cream was utterly gorgeous and it was really good value .

Reactions: 3
Just spotted our Sal is on Sophie Ellis Bextor's podcast talking about trolling...
I really wish she would just duck off going on about here. Not our fault she is such a dull fucker that here is the only thing remotely entertaining about her.
So has she given up going down the 'journalist' route and has opted to be a professional victim? Tattle is her cash cow.
Argh I'm cross with her again.
STOP USING TATTLE TO TRY TO BE SLIGHTLY RELEVANT.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I really wish she would just duck off going on about here. Not our fault she is such a dull fucker that here is the only thing remotely entertaining about her.
So has she given up going down the 'journalist' route and has opted to be a professional victim? Tattle is her cash cow.
Argh I'm cross with her again.
STOP USING TATTLE TO TRY TO BE SLIGHTLY RELEVANT.
I think you’ve summed it up; she’s old fashioned, dull and brings nothing new to the party . Social media offers beauty expertise and knowledge from all corners of the globe and she simply can’t keep up.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thread suggestion:
Sali Hughes #25 Still using Tattle to remain slightly relevant.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I’m listening to the podcast now and Sali’s talking about how she just HAD to have her husband accompany her to Paris for a work trip because she was afraid of her trolls! REALLY?

Would she be able to expense that?

• Haha
  • Wow
As you know I am a broke, broken, scuzzy sewer dweller who barely wears make up.
I have a special tongue scrub brush. I check my tongue regularly after a bad bout of thrush (crap immune system). It was about a quid from superdrug. I buy two at a time so when one is knackered I have a new one on standby or for holidays.
For the love of god woman brush your tongue!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m listening to the podcast now and Sali’s talking about how she just HAD to have her husband accompany her to Paris for a work trip because she was afraid of her trolls! REALLY?

Would she be able to expense that?
It’s not the first time she has said that. Gets less believable every time.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.