Sali Hughes #23 Swipe up Sali!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Disillusioned for the thread title with the most likes!

Much of the focus has been on the spectacular own goal of the documentary. We also learned that anyone who goes to lurk on Tattle is worse than the devil and destroys lives as they're furthering Tattle up Google search results. Of course, Sali and her mates (and the psychologist that kindly hung out in the sewer) are exempt from this. That kind of lurking is fine, google search results knows what your lurking intentions are

Thankfully we've got @Aude to set the record straight on Sali and her mistruths/ utter lies
The new thread title was actually @Hereforthefacts’ phrase. (I’m pondering whether it needs a hyphen: Swipe-Up Sali? Someone will know...)

Reactions: 4
My hair is much like Sali's. It doesn't matter what I do to my natural hair, it's too thin/fine/flat when it's past shoulder length to look decent. I get some tape in extensions through the sides and it looks so much better - I can wear it down and it doesn't look straggly or messy and when I wear it back/up it just looks so much better. It's obviously up to her how she has it but I really think it'd look much better if she got some extensions in for volume, and when you only get a few they're not particularly high maintenance. Although I also don't understand why her hair is like that now because if you go back a few years when she had it long before (with the fringe), her hair was lovely - shiny and healthy looking and very neat and polished. She looked fab then. Mine being rubbish is down to a health issue, so I hope it's not the same for her.

I also love her hair when it's scraped back off her face like in the first pic in her stories, it suits her so much, I don't know why she doesn't wear it like that more often.

Reactions: 5
Thanks for the new thread @SqualorVictoria . I am greatly amused and cheered by the chat here this weekend.
ALSO Lisa Eldridge’s lipsticks are being shipped today. I am very excited about this... I can’t wait to have a full face of slap on whilst wfh in my tracksuit.

Caroline Barnes did a good video reviewing them (if you have her skin tone, eye and hair colour which I do). Also she’s very upfront about her profilo and laser treatments, which I appreciate.

I wonder if they will get a mention by SH... she’s conspicuous by her absence with this launch... literally NO MENTION of it. It was the same with the Pat McGrath foundation ... until 100’s of people were literally knocking down her front door for a review. (Jokes - no one went to her house).

Sorry I’m ooop north
Excited for mine too! 💋 Never mind that I haven't worn lipstick since lockdown began ☺

I saw Funmi mentioned them in a really complimentary way.

Reactions: 5
So I’m in thread #7 now and what seems to be happening, er almost exactly a year ago was what some cynically noted was “trolls hate me” crying video followed by “Beauty Banks, I’m helping women” which is so so strange because I was alerted to this whole thing by a friend who said to look at the article re:SH and trolls and at first all I could see was BB being promoted and these things seem to go in pairs. What a coincidence!
Anyway given SHB was a business run by SH and then kind of abandoned, I’m seeing her now as akin to an mlm trying to shut down dissenters (am a bit ellebeau fan)

Reactions: 11
👏

That "Karishmua" should be ashamed of herself, wasting her medical training 🩺 (it doesn't say how many years she studied) for a different kind of leeching.
It’s a sad example of how devalued the medical profession in this country is. Underpaid, overworked and undervalued- shouldn’t be at all a surprise that being influencer ends up making more sense for some.

It irks me the amount of freebies being thrown at influencers and celebs. Frankie Bridge posted some photos on her insta from Legoland who’d gifted her family a trip, guessing for one of her boy’s bdays. Surely legoland could make some other ordinary kid and their family happy instead of gifting stuff to people who are more that able to afford the trip.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
(am a bit ellebeau fan)
Me too! Guy Garvaye has a great voice and "Juan day Like This" is wonderful

I'm sorry for what I am. Again.
All I can tell you is I had a free belated birthday prosecco voucher at lunch.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
It’s a sad example of how devalued the medical profession in this country is. Underpaid, overworked and undervalued- shouldn’t be at all a surprise that being influencer ends up making more sense for some.

It irks me the amount of freebies being thrown at influencers and celebs. Frankie Bridge posted some photos on her insta from Legoland who’d gifted her family a trip, guessing for one of her boy’s bdays. Surely legoland could make some other ordinary kid and their family happy instead of gifting stuff to people who are more that able to afford the trip.
Absolutely. It infuriates me the the most privileged people get the most freebies. I work in marketing, I understand how it works but ffs, balance it out a little and maybe give a few free trips to schools in disadvantaged areas?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hoping I can use the 'hive mind' here for a non-finch related question.

Does anyone have any recs for places to get laser eye surgery? I'm currently in West London.
Re laser eye surgery - I did lots of research before my sons had the surgery and they had theirs with Mr Ionides at Moorfields - my brother went to a laser co and had no end of issues that were finally resolved by Mr Ionides too.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.