Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Curio

Chatty Member
I have Golightly, the shade which Audrey Hepburn wore in Breakfast at Tiffany's and was apparently her favourite shade. Well, it's my favourite shade too, absolutely love it. It's a nice lipstick, very moisturising but, apart from the shade, I can't really differentiate it from any of my others that I love formulation wise.

In fact, I had it on today!
Same! I think maybe it’s a copy of the Audrey Hepburn lipstick she bought and did a video of.

Reactions: 1
The Soap andGlory lotion did sweet FA for me, and wasn’t nearly moisturising enough. Neither was the neutrogena she recommended Tbf, I think her skin just isn’t as dry as mine is.

The Soap andGlory lotion did sweet FA for me, and wasn’t nearly moisturising enough. Neither was the neutrogena she recommended Tbf, I think her skin just isn’t as dry as mine is.
I prefer the other, less new Neutrogena moisturiser (the name escapes me, it’s in predominantly white packaging) but the blue one from today’s article is ok. It’s better if you mix in a few drops of oil to a pump or two, my preference is argan oil which I bought from The Ordinary but I’ve used others as well. Gives it a boost, I find!

Cakeface

IIRC hasn’t Sali worked with Boden in the past. I’m sure I remember she promoted their cardigans, it was the usual Sali - everyone asks where I get my plain black cardigans, always Boden. I remember she was also wearing their shoes on one of her trips and lamented how comfortable they were. Boden have done quite a bit with influencers in the past.
Cardigans are definitely the Cashmere Company, in the sale, always bangs on about that! Boden I think made some khaki trousers she wore for a piece and fell unexpectedly in love with.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Proof that women should never not trust their initial instincts when it comes to men. VILE.

Sorry, I am not saying all men are gross. But, don't you feel we (females) have an inbuilt antenna for a creep or a man you should not be alone with? You can call it instinct. He gives me this vibe.
Agreed. Never underestimate female intuition.

rosemarina

VIP Member
Watched the ITBR and side eye Sali’s opening going on about trying to interview Lisa for years with a sour look on her face.
🤣

I’ve never heard a woman say something paraphrased like ‘your bathroom feels lived in rather than all the cleaned up bathrooms I’ve visited’ and have it be anything but an insult.
Schtop, schtop 🤣.

SequinnedElephant

Tbf she hasn't done her usual "loved them forever" shtick. I would, however, like you trolls to tell me if you've tried that Altruist sunscreen or that Soap and Glory lotion.
The soap and glory lotion really is good. Haven’t had sore legs from shaving once since using it. It seems to be permanently sold out now though, maybe discontinued?

Badabing101

VIP Member
The resale value on the Supreme Pat McGrath lipstick will be £££££

Potentially a good little money spinner if you got your hands on it!

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
It could be but I thought it was at a different point. I was in that group briefly! It happened following the Reine (creepy dude) and moderator kerfuffle. I hadn’t fallen out with her I just wanted to know what was going on.
I remember him. Creepy as hell. Dodgy as the day is long! 😲

Wolf359

Chatty Member
I forget y’know? Gods it’s not ok to say but I used to turn heads, and sometimes I walk about as if I still do, not in a cocky way, I used to adjust myself because I knew I would be looked at and I didn’t want to be particularly, so I’d make myself smaller (I don’t know how to write this without sounding like a prick, I was not princessed by my family because I was pretty, I come from a good looking family, it wasn’t/ isn’t exceptional, I have an aunt who was the standard and I look nothing like her and am nowhere near her beauty]). And sometimes I catch myself still doing that, like it’s engrained, muscle memory or something. And there’s no reason to anymore, I’m 45 and no one’s looking.

This sounds bad, like a pity party. I don’t mean it to. I think it’s interesting.
This is fascinating. I’m a couple of years younger than you but I understand what you’re saying completely and relate to all of it.

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
I use dyelure tint which works quite well on my sparse and fair brows. Will be trying out the Maybelline one though.
It's the three day tint one I use in dark brown or chocolate (I don't notice a difference in the shades). It says leave on for at least 20 minutes but it needs a good couple of hours for a decent effect, IME.

BostonFernGreen

Chatty Member
What is the Chapman/Hughes collage? I’ve seen it referenced a couple of times but I don’t know where to find it! I looked back through the thread and it isn’t leaping out at me

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
Another with barely any brows. I don't see it mentioned anywhere ever but I use the Maybelline Brow Tint stuff, you wipe it on your brows and leave it on as long as possible (I do it overnight) (I don't recommend doing this if you are in a new relationship as you look mad). The next morning peel it off and you have nicely plumped and tinted brows for a couple of days.

Shineyshine

VIP Member
She might do. Apparently there’s going to be a reveal shortly.

Has anyone seen the Lisa Potter Dixon ad for GHD?!?!? OMG. The state of her hair AFTER she has used the styling tools!! 🤦🏼‍♀️

She’s a mess. I hope they didn’t pay her much to do that ad - made a right dog’s dinner of using that curling brush 😂 She looked as though she’d just dragged herself out of bed to do it and was off back to bed straight after!

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
I think the nature of making a thread about that person invites discussion of every aspect of their lives, as the person is the common thing keeping the group together. It's not a perfect situation by any means. I sometimes take a break as I feel like there can be a tendency to flog a dead horse, but I like the group - not necessarily for just the Sali critique, but the side convos about beauty, the industry, the impact of all this on an individual's sense of themselves and on society. I'd LOVE to be able to have you all on a separate non-SH thread where the focus is taken away from her, but she forms a small part of a larger mix of topics, but I fear that kind of thread might not take off.
Quite. I also get why it must seems like people on here talk about her ALL THE TIME but that's not true actually.