Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mazerati

Chatty Member
Hey! You were commenting on the reddit thread right?

I agree that it would be so much more interesting to have a beauty journalist who did not adhere to this insidious hyper groomed, stiff faced look but I guess that that is not where the money lies is it.

I saw the first bit of Trinnys video with her nutritionist the other day and it was really good as she said "oh you look so well, you always have an aura of health, well you have a ringlight on too which helps..."

I don't recall seeing anyone on a video acknowledging this before.
Robert Welsh is an mua who talks about lighting and how he wears darker tones because the lighting washes him out and warns against a lot of the youtuber techniques.

Hey! You were commenting on the reddit thread right?

I agree that it would be so much more interesting to have a beauty journalist who did not adhere to this insidious hyper groomed, stiff faced look but I guess that that is not where the money lies is it.

I saw the first bit of Trinnys video with her nutritionist the other day and it was really good as she said "oh you look so well, you always have an aura of health, well you have a ringlight on too which helps..."

I don't recall seeing anyone on a video acknowledging this before.
What Reddit post btw?

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Was it Hush Hemmo (Alexandra Hemingsley) ended up writing to their CEO about their lack of diversity? She was fed of their brochures just featuring slim white women? (This may have been another company).
Not sure, but she’s worked with them commercially:

0FF0DEC9-45E2-4F43-9D4C-D68033895A68.jpeg

ProudNose

For those familiar is it true Sali changed her Welsh accent? And if so what sort of accent does she have now?

FreeSquirrels

I’ve saved all the containers from products I’ve finished since mid-March on a shelf in our bathroom. My husband didn’t realise they were the empties and was amazed that my haul was growing.

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
Was Polly Vernon writing in the Observer then? I associate her The Sunday Times Style magazine. Never realised her stuff was on the Guardian website - I'm not familiar with her at all.
Yes! She did the fashion column. For a time she was the editor of the Women's magazine they did for the Observer and had a column on cocktails bars (in London) called Cocktail Girl. Imagine getting paid to drink cocktails! Very envious.

Mazerati

Chatty Member
I think you would find some cosseting £150 Desmond & Dempsey PJs pleasingly cheering 💅
Saw those. Why do they have the models in SUCH unflattering poses? Like I get the idea to make models look more normal but those poses are just the same typical models pretending to slouch.

Mazerati

Chatty Member
I’d recommend Kate Barnét for PJs, made from gorgeous end of roll fabrics from India, well priced, super comfy and massive pockets!
I’m a new lurker here but had to recommend these as I love them and she’s a relatively new business.
This is not an #ad. I have bought and paid for all of my nightwear.
These look lovely. Worried they won't fit me though as I am definitely a small 8.

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
Simple have discontinued their brilliant cleansing oil unfortunately - I picked up 3 bottles for about £3 each from Superdrug over the summer, but had confirmation from the company that it's discontinued, and any stock that's still in shops is the last of it.
And I just checked and you can't get Simple outside the UK apparently. So double denied. I'll stick with the Squalene one then.